IGNORED

Jana has been on a journey

VampireProtectYou

"We made baking a regular activity, along with other discipleship-oriented activities like football, board games, and story-reading."

Hm. What?

The story on there about befriending the two neighbour kids creeped me out for some reason.

Good Lord. I'm watching that YouTube video now. I find it fascinating that her parents sent her to this camp (assuming that's what they did); can't help but wonder what they'll do if she buys into the whole ATI thing and decides that her real calling isn't to go to an Ivy League college, but to be a stay-at-home daughter or something. I also wonder what the other girls made of her being, as she said, someone who goes to public school, whose family fully expects her not just to attend college, but to excel there and to have a job.

I've encountered a number of kids here whose parents are sending them to various Christian schools all over the US, not because they're Christian, but because they want their kids to get a US education and don't really care where they go, so long as it's in the States. I can't help but wonder whether the parents have any idea of what kind of education their kid may be getting at an über-fundie, anti-evolution-teaching, tiny Christian school in Oklahoma somewhere.

Hmmm . . . little time to be alone and/or think one's own thoughts, lots of indoctrination and guided "soul-searching", isolation from the rest of the world, and a day of fasting. Nothing manipulative or cult-like about that, nope! :roll:

Girls, prepare to be :sci-fi-robot: :sci-fi-robot:

If anything will keep me up nights, it's the shirts. Do they just keep them on racks Duggar-style and the girls wear them for the pic? I HAVE to know?

Anyone else notice it looks like there are twice as many girls at this "Journey" than the one all the older D-girls attended? I guess all the "discipleship" is working :doh:

I think Jana is just emotionally lost. When she first on that trip, she said she had some negative feelings towards some family members so maybe she's still feeling that way? 21 years old, living at home, having to be a second mother to your younger siblings day in and day out, with no sense of privacy, I can't imagine it. She has been looking kinda down, yet trying to manage to put a smile on her face. Either that or JB told her "God (dad) thinks it's not in your deck of cards yet to court/marry".

http://iblp.org/iblp/discipleship/journeytotheheart/details/

Everybody in those circles who can afford it will try to get to at least one but it seems more popular with the girls-about 2 years ago the four oldest all went.Anna's sis Priscilla is a regular leader and councilor at the girl retreats.

And i fear for this girl...

The first guy in the first video--how much coffee did he have that morning?

As for the second video--oh, goodness. I was so relieved when she says she decided what major she wants to be rather than saying she decided not to go to college at all.

ETA: I also like the insistence that the kid has to want to go on the Journey. Because, you know, all fun summer camps request that you not force your kids into them.

Ooooooh- all the girls are color coordinated.

Yeah, they're all white.

(edit to fix quote link)

I was reading simplysanctified.wordpress.com after it was linked to in the Christopher and Anna Maxwell thread when I noticed that the blog author, Sara, was a volunteer at the most recent Journey to the Heart.

The slide show of the retreat has a couple pictures of Jana. She doesn't look as sad as she has in the past but we all know how important keeping sweet is for these girls, so who knows if she's actually any happier.

Slide show:

slide.com/r/1/0/i/aNK3SLLlxT8i4e0QiaTBxC0Eg1ItU0H-/

Pictures of Jana:

item.slide.com/r/1/0/i/eHBx_hmDvz_x8YMFBeDgiPr4oE-mrHc7/ (This one also has that blonde young woman who was a 'helper' for the Duggars in recent pictures - Anna Hackel, was it?)

item.slide.com/r/1/0/i/aNK3SLLlxT8i4e0QiaTBxC0Eg1ItU0H-/

Good, I'm glad someone else saw it. I thought that was the helper girl; enlarging the pic confirmed it. I also thought the girl in the blue shirt was Jinger until enlargement proved otherwise.

It also lends further credence to why Jana wasn't present for Michael's birth; she had a partner to travel with so as not to violate ATI protocol. She and the helper (another Anna, if I'm not mistaken) probably stayed with Michelle's family when the book tour went through Ohio. I think they only had two stops after that. Getting to Gothard HQ from Ohio is a helluva lot easier than going all the way from Arkansas. They likely packed their required clothing and took it on the trip with them. What's a few extra polo tops, eh?

Yeah, they're all white.

(edit to fix quote link)

Uh, no. One's a young lady of color....other than her shirt.

Archived