IGNORED

Sister Wives 9: Tragedy with Garrison

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

How awful. I can't imagine what was going on that we didn't see.

BTW, I had major abdominal surgery in the lines of Princess Catharine on Feb 12.  I do NOTHING immediately for the foreseeable future.  

• Love 14

This is absolutely devastating for the family. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

4 minutes ago, viii said:

It isn't something you get over.  According to my daughter who follows them more than I do, his last IG post was within the week,  when he adopted a cat scheduled to be euthenized.  That is horrible too. It all just sucks. Hopefully one of the siblings will take the cat. I just can't with the entire thing.  and the comments on Kody's IG are horrific.  He needs to turn them off.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

And for his brother to find him… I hope Janelle gets him into therapy asap. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 8

8 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

It isn't something you get over.  According to my daughter who follows them more than I do, his last IG post was within the week,  when he adopted a cat scheduled to be euthenized.  That is horrible too. It all just sucks. Hopefully one of the siblings will take the cat. I just can't with the entire thing.  and the comments on Kody's IG are horrific.  He needs to turn them off.  

From what I see, his comments for that post are off. Same with Janelle. I hope no one was posting hate on her page. 🩷

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

I really hope Kody doesn't end up being a dick to Janelle about this, but I worry he's going to take his grief out on her, and the rest of her kids. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

This is so sad. I see he was a cat person. I automatically like cat people when I see them post about their cats on social media. ❤️

• I Agree 1
  • Love 13

25 minutes ago, Adrienne83 said:

From what I see, his comments for that post are off. Same with Janelle. I hope no one was posting hate on her page. 🩷

They’ve gone to the next available post, unfortunately. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

I keep thinking about happy every one seemed at the wedding and just how devastated they all must be now. My heart is breaking for Janelle and his siblings. Especially since it has to be so public. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Heartbreaking! Filming of the show really ought to end at this time. The family needs to be able to grieve privately. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

4 hours ago, viii said:

And for his brother to find him… I hope Janelle gets him into therapy asap. 

So tragic. And Gabe seems like the sweetest most sensitive soul. Horrifying. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

12 hours ago, viii said:

I read Katie Joy is online blaming K&R for Garrison's death. If true, I hope the fallout of her inappropriate hate-spewing and trouble causing finally gets her offline.

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 2

18 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

I read Katie Joy is online blaming K&R for Garrison's death. If true, I hope the fallout of her inappropriate hate-spewing and trouble causing finally gets her offline.

From what I’ve observed, close loved ones to a person who completes suicide blame themselves already. They always go through all the “what ifs.” They go through all the conversations they had with the person. They go through all the interactions they had with the person. They think of all the things they wish they had said or done. I’m no fan of Kody. I can’t stand the man. But he and Robin are already in a world of pain and I won’t blame him, Robyn, or Janell for Garrison’s death. Garrison’s death is very different from a car accident. People around them second guess everything they said or did. It’s extremely painful in not only the loss, but their own sense of “could I have done something?” Question for the rest of their lives. Knowing Kody, he will probably lash out. But I will say he’s going to lash out from the pain he feels. And I truly hope it’s not filmed for the world to see. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 8

I feel like Kody said in 2023 that he had really drifted from both Garrison and Gabe. I hope they were able to reconcile before Garrison's death, but it doesn't seem likely. Kody is already going to be placing a lot of blame on his shoulders, he doesn't need social media piling on. I do think there is a point there, Kody essentially abandoned his first three families for his fourth one, but still - some things don't need to be said by strangers. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

Here is what Katie Joy should be saying "I imagine they are all devastated.  They are all grieving and maybe confused and asking "what if? At this time I will remember that their son and brother was kind and generous.  He loved cats, his mother, his siblings, his father. I will remember the joy of the family at Christine's wedding and how much fun he seemed to have." 

Edited by TN-peach
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 7

Katie Joy needs to back tf off on this one and let a devastated family grieve in private. Every member of that family will grieve for Garrison the rest of their lives and being a bully to K&R serves no purpose other than to also be a bully. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 12

Last night I was thinking so much about the Brown family. I've been watching SW since 2010 I feel like I know them, but I only know what I've seen on TV. 

Hateful/horrible comments or assigning blame to Kody, Robyn or anyone in the Brown family are not helpful, and they do not change the outcome. Garrison is gone, and it is a tragedy. Like @JermajestyDuggarI share the same observation when people lose a loved one to suicide, the people close to that person will blame themselves, wonder how they missed the signs, wondered if something they said or did, or something they didn't say or do was a factor in the person's decision. 

As for filming I can't imagine wanting to continue. The Brown family needs time and privacy to process. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

I'm sure no one in the family got any sleep last night.. especially Gabe and Janelle.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

28 minutes ago, RebeccaRay said:

I'm sure no one in the family got any sleep last night.. especially Gabe and Janelle.

Or Christine who had him so often when he was young and who loved him.  Or Kody which means Robyn didn't either,  and not to mention his siblings who have to be devastated and unable to comprehend,   but yeah, it was a never ending circle of hell in that family last night.  Many of us have gone through it, even second handed and it is horrific.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

I don't even know them and I dreams about them.  I don't know why it is hitting so hard but it is.  Thanks for letting me express my disbelief in this tragedy. 

• Love 7

11 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

Or Christine who had him so often when he was young and who loved him.

Last night I was thinking Garrison is Kody and Janelle's son and given Christine's level of involvement through his whole life he's like a son to her. Janelle and Christine's kids seem pretty close as adults (plus Truely) who voluntarily choose to gather and interact, and gosh I can only imagine all of their pain and heartbreak.

I don't think Meri was close with Garrison, and I don't know about Leon, but I imagine it's a difficult loss for both of them. Meri and Leon were around Garrison for his younger life, when the Browns operated as one family, lived in one house. Robyn and her kids may have spent the least amount of time with Garrison, and things were certainly strained (as of season 18), but it's still a hard loss for all of them. Given the finality of Garrison's death there is no longer the opportunity for any of the Browns to change things with Garrison and that is devastating. 

• I Agree 7

2 hours ago, TN-peach said:

I don't know why it is hitting so hard but it is.  Thanks for letting me express my disbelief in this tragedy. 

Because when you spend a lot of time watching and reading about people, you become invested in their lives, no matter if your thoughts towards them are positive or negative. It's completely normal to have this hit hard. Be gentle with yourself. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

22 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Continued from here:

How awful. I can't imagine what was going on that we didn't see.

BTW, I had major abdominal surgery in the lines of Princess Catharine on Feb 12.  I do NOTHING immediately for the foreseeable future.  

I actively checked out the profiles of as many helpmeets as I could remember to see if any were currently online when I reported my post. Plus I assumed a few would get the message and not that it would only go to you. So soon post major surgery really doesn’t let “immediately” happen. Hopefully your recovery is on track or ahead of expectations!

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3