IGNORED

2022 Thanksgiving Menus!

Maggie Mae

Post your menus if you have them! 

With the turkey shortage, we decided months ago to forgo the turkey this year, and instead consider alternative animal based proteins. So we'll likely just have:  

• Pork w/apples (not sure of the cut yet
  • Dressing/Stuffing whatever you want to call it. I don't know the recipe, but it has Italian sausage, some sort of nut, and possibly cranberries? It's good and I look forward to it every year, I don't have to make it, which is nice. 
  • Roasted veggies
  • Mashed potatoes by Emeril 
  • Pumpkin cream pie or pumpkin roll
  • Coffee
  • Wine
  • Cocktails
  • charcuterie

And then we go to bed early so we can go to the Nordic Spa that opened last year. 

• 10 months later...

Yeah it'll be just about 1.5 months then it'll be time for us to worry about the 2023 Thanksgiving menus.  I'm again thinking at least with the turkey of asking my family in Iowa to have a couple 10 to 12 pound turkeys ready.  One for the oven and the traditional means of cooking and one to deep fryer like what we've been doing these past few years.  Maybe when I go down in a couple weeks I'll get one while I'm in Iowa and ask them to keep it until Thanksgiving and then start thawing it before Thanksgiving.  I don't know about anyone else but deep fried turkey is so fornicating good.

Then of course I'll see about bringing down some fruit of the vine from Minnesota and my brother can bring some oat sodas over for dinner too from his own place so dinner ought to be nice and lubricated. 

• Love 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.