IGNORED

Plathville 2: The Whole Family Needs Therapy

nelliebelle1197

Micah posted on IG that he was in a motorcycle accident and was advocating for wearing helmets and protective leather. He wasn’t seriously injured (bruises and scrapes). Micah has shown himself to be a real daredevil. His license was suspended for awhile in Georgia. Hopefully this is a wake up call to him to drive/ride with some caution.

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Kylolo said:

I’m guessing for DUI, given the time of arrest?

I forgot that @Marshmallow World said that the charges were DUI, property damage, and personal damage.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

14 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

What a shit show. May this bring about a healthier woman with healthier beliefs? 

I’m no fan of her, but I hope this becomes a catalyst for her to work through her own trauma and the trauma she’s caused her children. 

Sheesh. She has some bad experiences with cars. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

Here’s the link to a People magazine article about Kim’s arrest. https://people.com/tv/welcome-to-plathville-star-kim-plath-arrested-for-dui-and-property-damage-in-florida/

I hope she is able to get the help she needs and find some peace in her life. It will be the best thing for her and her family. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

That's a big WOW from me. I wonder how they will spin this. If they have another season, I bet the show will ignore it completely.

Edited by waltraute

20 hours ago, waltraute said:

That's a big WOW from me. I wonder how they will spin this. If they have another season, I bet the show will ignore it completely.

The show loves drama. I’m sure it will be addressed. All TLC shows turn into a huge clusterfuck after awhile. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Wow.  Didn’t see this coming, that’s some relatively juicy tea!  I do feel kinda bad for Kim to have come to such a difficult place, but as said above hopefully it will lead to a better Kim in the future.

It will be interesting to see Barry’s reaction, and the kids.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The show loves drama. I’m sure it will be addressed. All TLC shows turn into a huge clusterfuck after awhile. 

You are probably correct. I was just thinking about how they conveniently never addressed that Olivia's brother was charged with a DUI the night when they were all drinking (birthday party?).

8 hours ago, waltraute said:

You are probably correct. I was just thinking about how they conveniently never addressed that Olivia's brother was charged with a DUI the night when they were all drinking (birthday party?).

I think Kim is willing to let all her dirty laundry air if it means another season. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, waltraute said:

Nathan isn’t part of the Plath family or a full cast member. He likely has work and church relationships that would be negatively affected. It’s understandable that they wouldn’t address it. Plus, it’s kind of the production company’s fault for getting a driver for Micah and Ethan but not the others. 

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

I’m curious to see where Olivia and Ethan are going to live next. She said they will be living in the Midwest and the hint I’m getting from her photo on the road in northwest Indiana, they’re headed west. Major cities: Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis. Ethan’s grandparents, who they visit on many holidays, live in Minnesota. Smaller city they might like is Madison. WI.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.177e2bfdf9e77eb37e7c15b846ba5512.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't follow the Plaths as closely as I follow the Bates and Duggars, so I apologize if this has been mentioned before. Anyway, I was falling down a quiverfull rabbit-hole today and stumbled across a clip of Olivia and her family in a pro-quiverfull documentary. Skip to 27:40 for her appearance. At 19 years old, she tries to connect personal space to selfishness and worldliness. Watching her family's interview was really eye-opening for me since I did not know much about her background. So glad that she's able to give herself space to be herself now--that must've been a big learning experience!

• Upvote 5

• 2 months later...

Did anyone see that Olivia posted she lost a brother? What happened?

IMG_0097.thumb.png.b8d9cfd6f1814bc9c8a9142b41272f1a.png

• Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

I remember when Lydia Meggs was posting about going to court and testifying against her parents. I guess they retained custody of the kids after all. And it split the family. It seems Olivia and Lydia are on one side. Elise (pregnant and married to a cop) and Nathan seem to want to not take a side. The oldest two brothers are fundie and probably took the parents’ side. And then their younger sister (Sophia) who got married right after the trial didn’t have some of her siblings at the wedding because of it. Their family actually seems much messier than the Plaths. 

Also it’s weird how similar the families are. They are both quiverful fundie homeschooling families with ten kids and now one son has died in each family. They also have some names in common. Lydia, Josh and Micah are in both families. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, noseybutt said:

I believe it is Micah Meggs:  https://wset.com/news/local/15-year-old-dies-after-crash-in-franklin-county-virginia-state-police-route-220-micah-meggs-may-2023

He is the younger brother who stabbed (?) a younger sister. And this led to a social services report.  See here: https://screenrant.com/welcome-plathville-legal-issues-meggs-family-facing/

Thank you. How horrible.
I didn’t realize Olivia’s family was so divided 

• I Agree 1

Just now, Pleiades_06 said:

Thank you. How horrible.
I didn’t realize Olivia’s family was so divided 

It wasn’t when they started filming Plathville. But I think over time Olivia realized her family was just as fundie as the Plath’s and all the problems that stemmed from it. Then the court hearing seemed to really split the family. I think there were only 2 younger sisters and Micah left at home. Now it’s just the two youngest sisters. I wonder how many will go to the funeral and bite their tongues. Or not bite their tongues. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I remember when Lydia Meggs was posting about going to court and testifying against her parents. I guess they retained custody of the kids after all. And it split the family. It seems Olivia and Lydia are on one side. Elise (pregnant and married to a cop) and Nathan seem to want to not take a side. The oldest two brothers are fundie and probably took the parents’ side. And then their younger sister (Sophia) who got married right after the trial didn’t have some of her siblings at the wedding because of it. Their family actually seems much messier than the Plaths. 

Also it’s weird how similar the families are. They are both quiverful fundie homeschooling families with ten kids and now one son has died in each family. They also have some names in common. Lydia, Josh and Micah are in both families. 

Also both have lost sons in MVAs. Both have family members arrested for DUIs.

Dang, there is a lot of tragedy and grief when you peel it back.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/welcome-plathville-star-olivia-plath-173120086.html

Sophia Meggs has said on social media that Ethan and Olivia are divorcing. But she has no right to post that publicly. I would guess that Ethan and Olivia probably are divorcing but aren’t able to announce that until TLC gives the day so. Because it’s probably part of the next season. Sophia is still fundie-ish and stays in contact with their parents. While Olivia is estranged from the siblings who seem to side with her parents. 

• Thank You 3

• 1 month later...

Olivia posted a photo of Ethan and her together at his cousin’s wedding. So they’re either still together or still friendly with each other if they’ve separated.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.4dd75d47e0ea99874cb12ea308e13627.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1