IGNORED

Lori Alexander 59: The Oracle of California

I dreamt last night that I had a job, which I think makes me DOUBLY unGodly. Women can't have dreams or jobs! ?

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I don’t boost my posts to get more traffic and I make no money from blogging. The only way something goes viral (that I have found) is if it hits a nerve and three of my posts have done this. It was never my intention to go viral and be infamous. I have simply been doing what God asks of “aged women” like me.

lies.jpg

She is SO PREDICTABLE!  She's all "my post went viral" again. It's a formula by now.  Throw out a bunch of new or used posts that she thinks will inflame folks (liking throwing spaghetti against the wall to see what sticks) , boost said posts so a broader/new  audience can see it, then create another post that is all  humble-braggy, "oh gosh, my post went viral" "so many women just don't love God" and bemoaning the state of womanhood today.

STOP it, Lori! This was a Christmas present for yourself.  

14 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I work at a hospital, too.  and Those ratios are about the same here.. Some departments like Audiology are about 100% female.  Overall, healthcare is very female oriented, especially in clinical and support areas. Even our medical staff is probably 65 male, 35 female. Take away even 10% of the women and we would have large, gaping holes resulting in shortages of physicians and long waits for care. 

And Lori's retort would be, with all the women at home and fixing proper, nourishing (God, I hate that word now) meals and quack doctoring their families with black salve and essential oils, we wouldn't *need* to have huge hospital staff!

Reader:

Whatever your intent, you make women feel ashamed for having careers on a regular basis.

Lori:

Women try to make me feel shame for not "doing anything with my life" since I still am a homemaker even though my children are raised. No one could make me feel shame regardless of what they say to or about me since I know that I am right where I am supposed to be. If you know you are doing what is right, no one could make you feel shame.

Another reader:

Respectfully, it sounds like this flow chart was based on your own experience. I do not think that means it can be generalized to these two groups of women. I requested in a previous post that if these are presented as factual regarding effects of working outside the home, resources should be stated whereby both groups were studied and reported in a peer reviewed journal.

Lori:

I don't need studies and peer reviewed journals. God's Word is enough for me!

Translation of all that: I, Lori, have spoken. You, lowly minion, must listen and obey, because I am the mouthpiece of God as far as you're concerned.  After all, I have gone viral VIRALLLLLL!!!!!    *insert thunderclap and lightning bolt special effects here*

She's viral, all right. Like the flu. ?

11 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

No, I don’t boost my posts to get more traffic 

Does anyone have screenshot evidence that she does?  I'm not questioning that Lori does pay for traffic, I'd just like to be able to prove it. 

4 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Can I just say it again regarding her viral post?

Lori Alexander's writing is the herpes of the internet. 

I laughed, but really, it isn't exactly funny, is it? Herpes is no laughing matter. Her teachings are no laughing matter. They're dangerous. So it's a very apt comparison, unfortunately.

8 hours ago, Liza said:

Re Alyssa leaving home at just 18 years of age with no money, the question is why?  No one leaves without money unless they HAVE to.   Was she going to or running from?

Exactly, and at the very least she should have had a car OR the value of.  Lori sold that car over 15 years later for $5000.  What would it have been worth back then?

There is no question in my mind that Alyssa was escaping Lori.  No question.

19 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Does anyone have screenshot evidence that she does?  I'm not questioning that Lori does pay for traffic, I'd just like to be able to prove it. 

@SweetLifeSunshine shared it.  Here's a screen grab of her post:

boost.thumb.PNG.68f49e4aa091a05e99577c9ae7ce531a.PNG

vs. today:

341655933_boosts1.thumb.PNG.51b7a598fc6e3d29ddb72ab8e8dde9ba.PNG

I hope that people googling Lori - especially reporters - find these threads and take the time to look through them. Here's a relatively quick list for the uninitiated: Lori, for the most part, did the exact opposite of whatever she says women should do. She lies, she's lazy, she tricked her husband into letting her stay home by sabotaging her birth control and getting pregnant against his will. While staying at home she had a nanny and a housekeeper. She did not cook for her family, she did and still does cook for HER, leaving her husband to fend for himself. She condones and occasionally quotes MRA types, shares way too much info about sex, and can't see past her own privilege. She's wealthy, white, past childbearing age, and lives in a wealthy area. Many of the things she attacks in her blog are actually attacks on her daughters and daughters-in-law. She's mean, a hypocrite, and dumb as a rock to boot. And much like our president has a tweet to contradict everything he does, she has quotes on her blog saying how she did the opposite of what she expects women to do. @Koala is awesome at shining light on her hypocrisy.

On the driving thing Lori would have a field day with my family. Dad drives his truck, mom drives her car - and if my sister is in the car she drives. No matter whose car it is, or who else is in it. She drives. The only exception I've seen are taxis and Uber. If mom's there, she sits in the passenger seat (motion sickness) and the menfolk usually end up in the far back somewhere.

Do you know how we always hear that some people are desperate for attention, even if it’s negative? That’s Lori!

Lori thinks of her negative attention as a badge of honor.

1 hour ago, Sobeknofret said:

And Lori's retort would be, with all the women at home and fixing proper, nourishing (God, I hate that word now) meals and quack doctoring their families with black salve and essential oils, we wouldn't *need* to have huge hospital staff!

Might not need such a big hospital staff, but may need to increase the staffing of the coroner's office.

ETA:  I would hope that any wife would do whatever she needed to do to keep her husband from driving drunk:  taking the keys away, calling the cops, hell, knock the bastard out with a snow shovel.   We recently had a tragic situation here in upstate SC where a mom with her four kids safely and correctly restrained in the car were hit by a drunk driver.  All four kids were killed while the mom survived.  I think she's on suicide watch because how do you live through that kind of pain.  

4 hours ago, Koala said:
12 hours ago, Liza said:

Re Alyssa leaving home at just 18 years of age with no money, the question is why?  No one leaves without money unless they HAVE to.   Was she going to or running from?

Exactly, and at the very least she should have had a car OR the value of.  Lori sold that car over 15 years later for $5000.  What would it have been worth back then?

There is no question in my mind that Alyssa was escaping Lori.  No question.

Yes.  Hell, Ken could have given her the money on the side.  If you love someone, you want to insure that they are safe.  

55 minutes ago, Koala said:

I don't have screen shots, but frequently when one of the posts get more traffic and the leghumpers go "why do you follow this if you disagree"  and folks respond "I don't...it just showed up in my news feed"  is more evidence. 

13 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I don't have screen shots, but frequently when one of the posts get more traffic and the leghumpers go "why do you follow this if you disagree"  and folks respond "I don't...it just showed up in my news feed"  is more evidence. 

My argument for those assholes is this:  just like they don't want a secular entity teaching their son or daughter because they are afraid their children will be influenced by it....I don't want my child (if she were still young) seeing this trash and being influenced by it.  Same same.  Keep to your yard, I'll keep to mine.  When she boosts posts or they travel and end up in someone's news feed, there has to be damage control.  Instead of blocking old Aunt Kate who shared it, someone will go to the source and try to find out why or how it's being spread.  

18 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Wait, do I be subservient and let my man drive to display his dominance over me, or do I drive to show him I have a heart to serve him?!?! I'm so confused!!

ETA: It's a trend in my relationships that I am always the passenger. That is based less on display of dominance and more on the fact that I am a "terrifying" (direct quote, there) driver.

I always let other people drive as well, if I have the option. For one, I have literally zero sense of direction and have even gotten google maps stressed out at me (turn around! turn around!). For another, driving at night triggers migraines. So, unless I actually have to drive (in the morning, in familiar areas only), I just let someone else do it.

1767171240_anotherbabyat43.JPG.6d51585ba8f1927e4548e1bc11d58a24.JPG

Just saw this.  At 48 her youngest left for college.  I wonder if Lori, in anticipation of an empty nest and Ken possibly leaving her, tried to have another child? 

Early on, she stopped using birth control in order to get pregnant and stay home, so it is quite possible this was yet again another way to use a child to either continue to stay home or to control Ken. 

She had stopped having babies 15 years prior because she was ill'.. BUT ... she is still ill at 43 and yet she is trying for another baby?  Makes no sense.  I think Lori uses her "religious" beliefs to suit herself.

I did most of the driving when my husband was alive. He had a terrible habit of texting while driving, which is now illegal in Quebec. I hated the way he'd be so assured that he could do both at the same time.

I used to hate driving in the dark because I found it hard to see long distances.  But since I had cataract surgery my vision is so much better that driving is fun again.

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

the leghumpers go "why do you follow this if you disagree"  and folks respond "I don't...it just showed up in my news feed"  is more evidence. 

Yep.  From one hand-slappy reader:

How about if y’all don’t like what she is teaching, quit reading it. You don’t have to comment just because you don’t like or agree with her teaching.

Umm, excuse me reader, but where are YOU when Lori is tearing apart another woman's book, ministry, blog post, television interview?  Do you tell her not to watch/read things she doesn't like?  No.  You probably just pile on with the rest of the sheeple.  

Hell, part of Lori's own description of how she spends her days as a self-professed "godly, older woman" includes scouring the internet for things to write about, in order to stay relevant.  

As usual, there's one rule for Lori, and another rule for everyone else.

Lori Alexander does not understand the difference between FAMOUS and INFAMOUS. She doesn't bother to read or any listen to any commentary on her ridiculous posts to see that the vast majority of it vilifies her. All she cares about is VIRAL! The fact that it is VIRAL! for all the wrong reasons totally escapes her. She is being made a fool of. No Lori, you haven't struck any nerves except the one that wonders what the fuck is wrong with you. Lori Alexander is the biggest damn fool on the internet. Gah.

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

ETA:  I would hope that any wife would do whatever she needed to do to keep her husband from driving drunk:  taking the keys away, calling the cops, hell, knock the bastard out with a snow shovel.   We recently had a tragic situation here in upstate SC where a mom with her four kids safely and correctly restrained in the car were hit by a drunk driver.  All four kids were killed while the mom survived.  I think she's on suicide watch because how do you live through that kind of pain.  

I can’t imagine. 

Years ago (probably 30 or more), a church member was killed on his way home from work by a drunk driver coming home from a work Christmas event. The father who was killed had stopped at the store to get ingredients to make cookies that night (one of his sons had made that request that morning)- for a long time, the son blamed himself for his father’s death- because he would have been home if he hadn’t stopped at the store. The son was only around 8-9 at the time and had two younger brothers. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived