IGNORED

I'm going to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal this winter!

47of74

I booked this trip for late December / early January.

Winter2k18.thumb.png.65eff3de129d73dc3fe6febd541c922d.png

It'll be a chance to escape from an Iowa winter.  And depending on how the elections go, also from all the teabilly fornicate sticks who are either celebrating or are in mourning.  (Hopefully in mourning over all the poor Republicans out of jobs, and the one big fornicate face who will be soon).....

I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful time !  My mum and her friend did a similar one last September, although theirs started in Barcelona and ended in Madrid.   She loved Barcelona, so if you haven’t been there and you’ve got the chance to get there as well, take it!

That sounds fantastic, @47of74!  Last night, my husband brought up where should go for our 40th next year.  There are so many possibliites:  go on safari to the Serengeti, Italy, Greece, Japan, and so on.  I saw a show earlier this evening about train tours of the Canadian Rockies .  It looked fabulous!  We do have lots of time to decide.

51 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

That sounds fantastic, @47of74!  Last night, my husband brought up where should go for our 40th next year.  There are so many possibliites:  go on safari to the Serengeti, Italy, Greece, Japan, and so on.  I saw a show earlier this evening about train tours of the Canadian Rockies .  It looked fabulous!  We do have lots of time to decide.

Yeah I saw a show too - possibly the same one - about a train tour of the Canadian Rockies.  That'd be cool to do sometime as well. 

That might have been the Rocky Mountaineer?  We went on it for two days two years ago, from Jasper to Vancouver.  It was great, but I enjoyed Banff and Lake Louise more (my daughter and I went hiking).  My husband, who loves train travel and fine dining, preferred the train trip.  Everyone is different!  Back in 2013 we went on safari on a private Reserve next to Kruger National Park in South Africa.  That was.truly.totally.absolutely.amazing. 

• 4 weeks later...

And as far as any rando on the street is concerned when I go over there this winter, I'm a Canadian.

Eh.

Great tour! It's a pity it bypasses Gibraltar. It's such an oddity. Though you maybe need to be familiar with the UK to truly get its weirdness.

• 2 weeks later...

Spain and Morocco are a great combination. Notice the churches in southern Spain are facing Mecca (at odd angles to the streets) and look just like the mosques in Morocco. 

Takeee meee....

I need to get a passport though, so I need advanced notice...lol

You can ditch me in Spain, when you go to Morocco though. I want to speak really awful Spanish, to really fucking hot Spaniards. I also wouldn't hate being ditched in Portugal, where I can speak even worse Portuguese, to fucking hot Portuguese men. Let me stop by France so I can get some delicious cheese first though.

• 4 months later...
On 5/6/2018 at 12:16 PM, 47of74 said:

I booked this trip for late December / early January.

Winter2k18.thumb.png.65eff3de129d73dc3fe6febd541c922d.png

It'll be a chance to escape from an Iowa winter.  And depending on how the elections go, also from all the teabilly fornicate sticks who are either celebrating or are in mourning.  (Hopefully in mourning over all the poor Republicans out of jobs, and the one big fornicate face who will be soon).....

@47of74  Where in Spain and when?  I have a 14 day country tour planned for the two week holiday.  I'm flying into Barcelona, touring around the country and leaving out of Madrid.  Maybe we will pass each other somewhere in Spain - probably 500 miles apart but  together in Spain nonetheless.   I looked into doing the Morocco day trip out of Sevilla but decided on using the extra day for a side trip to Toledo instead.  I probably made the wrong decision but I would really like to do Morocco as a separate trip and spend more time there.  

My husband took the DDs to Portugal for a couple weeks about five years ago.  Unfortunately, I couldn't make the trip.  The pictures and stories they brought back are amazing.  I think the DDs were very surprised.  They didn't really see the draw of Portugal but were more than happy to tag along even if they would have chosen a different country if left up to them.  Just a long way around to saying it is a beautiful country with some great sightseeing opportunities.  

If you see me on the Spanish streets, give me a howdy!  Do we have a special super secret hand shake or sign to distinguish the hive members in public (if they want to be distinguished that is)? 

• 1 month later...

That is a nice tour. You will see a lot and really have a good rest with lots of emotions. I did similar tour with my friends but only Spain-Portugal and rented property through Tranio  along the way. I liked more Spain maybe because of the weather and food. We will be waiting for your report and lots of pictures ))) 

Archived