IGNORED

Beginning German Genealogy

clueliss

clueliss

This appeared on my Facebook feed courtesy of the Midwest Genealogy Center in Independence, MO.  

https://lisalouisecooke.com/2018/02/25/beginning-german-genealogy/?platform=hootsuite

The article above has a link to this:  German immigrants in American church records

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/1316260?availability=Family History Library

And one of those tricks I learned during genealogy research at one point or another - you will sometimes see books listed as sources.  If you go to worldcat.org you can search to see if they are located at a library - that's how I found a book on one branch of my paternal line at the library in St. Louis.  (and when I do a world cat search (and then adjust my zip code, which I did after the link below) I see that the Midwest Genealogy Center has a copy as does the St. Louis Library.  

http://www.worldcat.org/title/german-immigrants-in-american-church-records/oclc/895167868

• Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• Recent Status Updates

• WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

I thought I found the part I need for my car on O'Reilly Auto Parts' website, but it looks like I can't get it at this time. 
      (Please, please, please, please, please click the link! The joke only works if you see it. I promise it really is the auto parts site! )
      For those who can't or won't click:

· 1 reply
    • Cartmann99

Cartmann99

A few weeks ago, I was telling @HerNameIsBuffy about the generously sized single carrot I received from Imperfect Foods. Well, today I got two more monsters in my box. I ordered a pound of carrots and a pound of sweet potatoes, and this is what they gave me:

At its widest point, the sweet potato is nine inches in diameter, while the carrot tops out at seven and three-quarter inches. I kinda feel bad about my plans to eat them, as these two are definitely large enough to pursue careers in the adult film industry.
      · 3 replies
    • Bethella

Bethella

Fuck. Both of my interns are in quarantine. One is positive, the other is a close contact (her exposure was from her roommate, not the other intern). I know six other people who are or were sick within the last month and at least four other people who've had to quarantine after close contact. Things were supposed to be getting better. 😷

· 0 replies
    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

I think most of us on FJ dislike the way many of the fundies talk about "training" their children. I've often read FJers post, "You train a dog. You teach a child."
      I would also bet that most of us don't think about humans as being "well bred", like a good breeding line of purebred dogs. 
      I'm a bit nauseated right now from reading the phrase "well bred" applied to human beings so many times. What bullshit.
      And apparently, I think too much.
      · 3 replies
    • FluffySnowball

FluffySnowball

Wishing everyone on FJ a very happy month of Ramadan and lots of peace and blessings ✨🙏
      · 1 reply
    • Bluebirdbluebell

Bluebirdbluebell

I feel like we need a Rachel Hollis snark thread. She landed in a lot of trouble recently after a bad TIKTOK video. She isn't fundie, although she is the daughter of a Pentecostal minister.  I've been watching videos on Youtube about her, both from before the scandal and now. I didn't know much about her, but I'm catching up.
      · 1 reply
    • louisa05

louisa05

Conservatives on mask mandates: they’re just trying to make people comply with government rules. Resist!
      Conservatives after yet another police shooting of an unarmed black man: He should have complied with the police’s orders.  
      · 1 reply
    • 47of74

47of74

There is no Dana, only Zuul

· 0 replies
    • WiseGirl

WiseGirl

I have a pile of old vintage handkerchiefs with lace crochet edges. Anyone have any ideas on how to display or use them? My grandmother made some of them. Time to get them out of the drawer.
      · 2 replies
    • K'Z'K

K'Z'K

Attention Massholes!
      There will be a drive-through J&J vaccine clinic in Rutland (near Worcester) on April 19-22, and as of this writing--about 9:30pm on Sunday, April 11--there are tons of slots open on all but the first day. Anyone who lives (or works?) in Massachusetts and is over 18 can sign up now.
      https://www.rrecc.us/vaccine

[And for everyone else: yes, people from Massachusetts are called Massholes. People from elsewhere started calling us that as an insult, but we ran with it. Vaccine demand is wicked high here, so it's hard to get appointments. Hence the public service announcement.]

Side note: I know that J&J allocations are dropping this week, but I presume, or at least hope, that they've planned for that and either already have the vaccines on hand or will get them.
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.