Ingredients:

-2 onions

-4 carrots or the equivalent dose of pumpkin

-3 tomatoes or some tomato sauce

-4 kale leaves

-1 and 1/2 coffeecup of lentils

-3 bay leaves

-1/2 coffeespoon of turmeric

Chop the ingredients in big pieces. Sautee onions and carrots for a couple of minutes with ev olive oil. Add the other veggies, the bay leaves and enough boiling water to cover them. Add salt or your favourite seasoning. Cook for 15 minutes. Take out the bay leaves. Add the turmeric. Blend everything, add salt if needed. Serve with crostini (grilled bread crumbs) and ev olive oil.

Doses are for 4/6 people depending if it's an only course, if there arale children etc.

Do you add any broth or liquid? Also what type of lentils do you use? Thanks, sounds delicious!

8 hours ago, Demonfan said:

Do you add any broth or liquid? Also what type of lentils do you use? Thanks, sounds delicious!

Other than the boiling water to cover the veggies I don't. I can add more boiling water if I want it to be more fluid. To add flavour I use either soy sauce or my homemade "dado", I don't know how you call it on English, it is that thing that you add to water to instantaneously make broth. I make the one I use cooking and blending a mix of seasonal veggies with salt. I make one with meat too, with also some veggies and salt that I use mainly for risotto.

Since another FJer asked, a coffee cup is what in the US is called an espresso cup.

AsI for the coffee spoon, it is roughly a half, more or less, of a teaspoon. I the picture you can see a tablespoon, a teaspoon in the middle and a coffeespoon on the left.

IMG_20171111_203839.jpg

I tried this yesterday, but altered it a little. I added some diced celery, used spinach instead of kale, and used  a pinch caraway in place of turmeric.  It came out super yum! Thanks! 

Well, I made the lentils soup. I wasn't sure about the type of lentils, (I used small red type), or size of the onions, ( I used medium). It was quite nice! I did add diced green chillies, to make the family happy! The soup makes a wonderful lunch. Thanks!

Archived