IGNORED

Will Minnie Mouse go out in drag, next? (eyeroll)

samira_catlover

OK, when I was a leeeetle bitty kid (shortly after Edison invented moving pictures), Mom and Dad would let us watch Walt Disney stuff, no problems.

But good heavens, Amurrica and the whole world are now in great danger of being corrupted by folks supporting the Ebil Hommaseksxual Agenda!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/are-we-ready-for-a-gay-disney-princess-we-may-be-closer-than-you-think/2016/05/11/69d3302e-12e2-11e6-81b4-581a5c4c42df_story.html

I am not sure whether it's important to be all emotional about Bucky and Pronk's subversion of the PROPER state of matrimony, or whether to be slightly relieved that they're not just fornicating all over the place in sinful open cohabitation....

Happy that while discussing the possibility of Elsa being gay they also mentioned the sauna guy who is almost certainly gay. 

I actually kind of prefer the idea of Elsa as asexual/aromantic... I do think it's unlikely that Disney will have a truly major character be openly LGBT+ anytime soon but things are creeping slowly that way.

While I'd love a gay Disney princess, I'm not sure if Elsa's the right one.  Keep her as the single queen who can do it all without a man (unlike her sister, who got engaged to a guy she barely knew).  It seems like every other Disney movie is princess meets prince and they live happily ever after.  Elsa changed that and I like her single.

Now an LGBT main character for a yet to be released movie-- sure.  

I don't think the world is ready for a gay disney lead. Just see how people reacted when disney dared to show a kid with two moms on good luck Charlie. It will be done some day, hopefully in less than ten years.

I suspect Disney will test the waters with a LGBTQ peripheral character before a leading hero(ine).

Considering the company DreamWorks already tried to test the waters with having a character come out in a movie Gobber in How to train your Dragon 2, keep in mind sure it was a side character it wasn't even the main but at the same time I think I read about 12 articles about how bad this is that DreamWorks is having an openly gay character. Fun fact: Craig Ferguson was actually the one who had it added to the script. Disney cares more about their bottom line and actually being Innovative probably says no there won't be a lesbian or gay Prince or princess any time soon. They allready are getting backlash for what's going on Once.

As for Elsa, let her just stay single. She's not even comfortable with herself just yet why do we need to throw a love interest ontop of her?? If anything Elsa can be like Queen Elizabeth. 

12 hours ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Considering the company DreamWorks already tried to test the waters with having a character come out in a movie Gobber in How to train your Dragon 2

Oh really? Admittedly, I'm woefully behind in the current kids' films. Thanks for the head's up.

7 minutes ago, Geechee Girl said:

Oh really? Admittedly, I'm woefully behind in the current kids' films. Thanks for the head's up.

Oh, it's an amazing movie! As you can tell by my profile picture and by my name I'm a huge Dragon / Vikings nerd I love the How to Train Your Dragon movies. 

12 hours ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Considering the company DreamWorks already tried to test the waters with having a character come out in a movie Gobber in How to train your Dragon 2, keep in mind sure it was a side character it wasn't even the main but at the same time I think I read about 12 articles about how bad this is that DreamWorks is having an openly gay character. Fun fact: Craig Ferguson was actually the one who had it added to the script. Disney cares more about their bottom line and actually being Innovative probably says no there won't be a lesbian or gay Prince or princess any time soon. They allready are getting backlash for what's going on Once.

As for Elsa, let her just stay single. She's not even comfortable with herself just yet why do we need to throw a love interest ontop of her?? If anything Elsa can be like Queen Elizabeth. 

I agree, I think Elsa should just stay single. Besides, I think Disney is afraid of the backlash from Mormons and other conservatives if they went with a gay main character.

Just now, ADoyle90815 said:

I agree, I think Elsa should just stay single. Besides, I think Disney is afraid of the backlash from Mormons and other conservatives if they went with a gay main character.

Oh I wholeheartedly agree in fact the funny thing about most of them evangelists like their second religion is Disney they worship at the feet of the mouse and Pixar.

I agree with single Elsa.  I think the wonderful part of Elsa is that she is powerful in and of herself.  Unlike even her sister Anna, who is partially defined by her relationships, Elsa is her own woman and who (if anyone) she is with matters so little to who she is as a person and ruler that they shouldn't really be seen.  

I think there is the temptation with female characters that they MUST somehow be sexual/romantic because women MUST be sexualized in some way.  I think it's good for young girls of all persuasions to have a figure who is deliberately NOT defined by any of her romantic relationships and is instead defined by who she is.   

21 minutes ago, Geechee Girl said:

:embarrassed: 

Hide contents

I don't know who Elsa is.

Blonde princess/queen in Frozen.  If you've been in a store (in the US) you'd recognize her.

disneyelsa.jpg

1 hour ago, Geechee Girl said:

Hide contents

I don't know who Elsa is.

Have you been living under a rock for the last 2 years and half? Have you not heard Let it go? How have you managed to stay pure? I need your secret :pb_lol:

4 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Have you been living under a rock for the last 2 years and half? Have you not heard Let it go? How have you managed to stay pure? I need your secret :pb_lol:

THAT song. :doh:I recognize the song from cable Music Choice channels. Idina Menzel? I'll have to make it a point to see the movie. My Disney Princess knowledge never went past Tiana. I'm not up on current princesses.

On 5/17/2016 at 9:33 PM, Geechee Girl said:

THAT song. :doh:I recognize the song from cable Music Choice channels. Idina Menzel? I'll have to make it a point to see the movie. My Disney Princess knowledge never went past Tiana. I'm not up on current princesses.

I'm certain most fundies despise Tiana too. Not giving her mom grankids?? Starting/owning her own business??She's falling off the 200 year plan!! 

I just want Elsa to sing a sticky song about how she doesn't need a love interest and then disappear into castle to be awesome and lead her country. #GiveElsaAChocolate

Archived