IGNORED

Misogynistic Claptrap Masquerading as New Age Love Advice

Lainey

This might be one of the dumbest things I've ever read...and that's saying something. I mean, I've read Demonbuster.com, where they think paisley is evil. PAISLEY. :shock:

Anyway, here is the article: mindbodygreen.com/0-12345/5-qualities-that-women-find-irresistible-in-men.html

Note how those are supposedly "masculine" traits. It makes no sense. I like most of the comments, though. Gives me hope.

• 4 months later...
mi·sog·y·nis·tic [mi-soj-uh-nis-tik, mahyâ€] Show IPA

adjective

reflecting or exhibiting hatred, dislike, mistrust, or mistreatment of women.

This is the definition from dictionary.com. I think you might have confused "misogyny" with gender bias in general. :)

It's not about what your purpose is (although, honestly, the more it benefits humanity, the better — but that's just my opinion). What matters is that you have a purpose or that you're in the process of discovering it.

If having a "purpose in life" makes a man hot, then Adolph Hitler must have been quite the casanova in this woman's eyes. He believed exterminating Jews, homosexuals, clergymen, disabled people, gypsies, etc. was beneficial to humanity. He was also pretty dedicated to his cause.

Is someone being paid by the word, or just typing out drivel as Google Tactics to drive more traffic to her practice?

That's just a list of some nice traits. Most of it sounds pretty gender-neutral to me. I mean, most guys would rather have a girl who doesn't text others while talking to you, who has some sort of purpose in life, who does things that she promises to do, who has a sense of humor.....

Umm....how is honesty and trust (#4 on that list) misogynistic? I don't get it. That's something that both men and women look for in a partner.

Umm....how is honesty and trust (#4 on that list) misogynistic? I don't get it. That's something that both men and women look for in a partner.

It is important for both men and women. And had the article said something along the lines of "you should be honest because women are people and all people deserve honesty" It would be one thing. but it doesn't say that. It says that you should be honest because women have a magical ability to sense dishonesty and you could get caught.

It doesn't treat honesty as an equal thing that should be valued in all relationships. It treats it as a trick on how to get ladies cuz we are weird and foreign creatures.

Archived