IGNORED

March for Life 2014 Watch Thread

lilwriter85

March for Life is coming up and this is the second annual watch thread. Common hashtags to search on IG and twitter are

#marchforlife

#marchforlife2014

#prolife

#savethebabies

and any other hashtags you can think of. Fundie blog postings about march events are welcome here and as well as articles about fundies or fundie organizations at March for Life.

Some of the early pics from IG hashtag marchforlife2014

dc8c006a78dd11e3a0d40eeb204a5406_6.jpg

0788914656df11e382a412f3be713f7b_8.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, it's a big party:

statigr.am/p/632080628242430876_12594845

I thought this said "adorted," and was some sort of play on words -- as in, adored, not aborted. But then I realized it says "adopted."

statigr.am/p/620587666266395685_50544868

Joy of joys, the local event coincides with my mother's next visit. Encountering a plethora of people waving signs saying "Women regret abortions"* at the farmers' market-- because the folks being bused in like to do a little site-seeing before they walk down Market Street yelling at heathen San Francisco-- is going to do bad things to her blood pressure.

*That particular sign steams me to an unbelievable degree. Yeah, do you regret that my cousin was able to terminate her ectopic pregnancy, instead of die from it and leave her three existing kids without a mother? If so, you are a horrible person and ought to be ashamed of yourself.

"My incessant devotion to unborn babies."

Incessant devotion to the unborn babies of women this person does not know and will never meet. Uh-huh. More like incessant devotion to condemning people for making choices she is too naive and short-sighted to ever understand.

OK, DC residents here ya go:

crossmap.christianpost.com/news/duggar-family-an-invitation-to-meet-and-greet-on-capitol-hill-8441

This Wednesday, join the Duggars on Capitol Hill. From 8:30 to 10:30am, the family will be at the Hyatt Regency, and they want you to be there, too. Following the meet and greet, the Duggars will head over to the March for Life. Here are the details for all the family's upcoming events:

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8-9pm

Students for Life of America National Conference

Duggars to speak and receive the 2013 Defender of Life Award

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar will speak at the event, as will Josh Duggar, their oldest son. The family has not yet decided whether any other Duggars will be in attendance.

Tickets purchased ahead of time are $50 for students and $70 for other attendees ($45 and $60 if you register by December 31st). On-site registration is $60 for students and $70 for other attendees.

First Baptist Church of Glenarden

(one of the largest African-American churches in the D.C. Metro Area)

600 Watkins Park Dr.

Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20774

These people disgust me. To them abortion under any circumstance is evil. But once that baby is born, they don't give a rats ass about that "gift from God" or the mother. Fuck them!

Pro Birth. I want to see them march for food, shelter, medical care and education for all the babies they've saved or they can go DIAF.

These people disgust me. To them abortion under any circumstance is evil. But once that baby is born, they don't give a rats ass about that "gift from God" or the mother. Fuck them!

Children are a blessing from God until they are born, then those little brats better figure out how to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

I wonder how much money is being spent on this including travel and food for all the people attending and how much more good in this world could be done if they took that money and instead spent it on helping poor people.

Children are a blessing from God until they are born, then those little brats better figure out how to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

I wonder how much money is being spent on this including travel and food for all the people attending and how much more good in this world could be done if they took that money and instead spent it on helping poor people.

They don't particularly care about them before they're born either- witness the crowds of these folks who are arguing about needing to buy maternity coverage as part of the ACA! They're also the ones who want to shut down the clinics offering free or low cost maternity care. They want to ban contraception- the single biggest contributer to decreasing rates of unwanted pregnancies. What they really want is to control other women's bodies. That's all.

Whenever I bring this up to pro-lifers who also, via their votes, are cutting things like unemployment insurance, food stamps, and Head Start (this is just in the last few months) their standard response is, "They could give the babies up for adoption if they can't afford them!"

Well, first of all, adopting a child doesn't mean the parents will NEVER fall on hard times. People lose jobs or get a serious illness or lots of other things. Those adoptive parents may well need unemployment or food stamps some day. Affording a baby can be an ebb and flow. People can do all the right things and still hit the bricks. People can be unable to afford a baby at birth, but then get the education or job that DO make them able to afford it.

And plenty of two parent families use these services. It's not all single moms, y'all!

I don't know, but I wonder if ALL "people who couldn't afford a baby" give it up for adoption, would we end up with too many babies and not enough "good" parents?

I keep thinking of the irony of JimBob and Michelle getting an award from "Students For Life" when they would never allow their children to be a legitimate student or attend any university where the organization is active.

Scarf for the march

d38c594e7ec111e388700e3b44ee32e1_6.jpg

12f399307eb311e3b5c712f7c4b3dcac_6.jpg

This caption was attached to pic.

kristymisty76 #tbt It's time to save our babies once again! #marchforlife #prolife 7h

Other women's pregnancies don't belong to you and you don't know the reasons why women get abortions. Some get abortions because their pregnancies are risky and sometimes they already have a family.

Until these pro lifers demonstrate that they care about the people these babies will become, they have zero respect from me. These are the same people who want welfare mothers 'punished', no funding for Head Start and other programs to help children. Also any alleged pro-lifer that supports the death penalty is a hypocrite and I bet half the people attending this march do so.

Other women's pregnancies don't belong to you and you don't know the reasons why women get abortions. Some get abortions because their pregnancies are risky and sometimes they already have a family.

:clap:

Even though this is an anonymous board, I was going to wait until later to "come out" here as pregnant, but I have to add to this. My unborn baby (still an embryo right now!) is MY baby and my husband's baby. It sure as heck doesn't belong to some screechy, judgmental anti-choicer who doesn't understand the first thing about life, the circumstances people find themselves in, and the choices they must sometimes make.

:clap:

Even though this is an anonymous board, I was going to wait until later to "come out" here as pregnant, but I have to add to this. My unborn baby (still an embryo right now!) is MY baby and my husband's baby. It sure as heck doesn't belong to some screechy, judgmental anti-choicer who doesn't understand the first thing about life, the circumstances people find themselves in, and the choices they must sometimes make.

Congrats on to you and your husband your pregnancy. The whole "save our babies" thing pissed me off. I've never been pregnant and I'm still on the fence about having children, but I don't see and will never see other people's pregnancies and possible children of others as mine.

I have said here before, I used to be very pro life so I understand where these people are coming from. For some of them they do believe they are saving babies and they legitimately can't see they are hurting women. But the people that want to cut back on healthcare and preventative services can kiss my grits. My view now is either do something to prevent abortions from happening and make pregnancies easier to carry to term by providing help or keep your trap shut!

March for Life is coming up and this is the second annual watch thread. Common hashtags to search on IG and twitter are

#marchforlife

#marchforlife2014

#prolife

#savethebabies

and any other hashtags you can think of. Fundie blog postings about march events are welcome here and as well as articles about fundies or fundie organizations at March for Life.

Some of the early pics from IG hashtag marchforlife2014

dc8c006a78dd11e3a0d40eeb204a5406_6.jpg

0788914656df11e382a412f3be713f7b_8.jpg

Gee, I'm sorry I won't be able to attend, but I have to wash my hair.

I assume the Duggars will be exploiting their youngest daughter be encouraging the attendees with their testimony?

Gee, I'm sorry I won't be able to attend, but I have to wash my hair.

I assume the Duggars will be exploiting their youngest daughter be encouraging the attendees with their testimony?

Oh I wouldn't be surprised if Josie comes up in their speeches.

Oh boy! It is that time of year where my eyes become extremely sore from all the eye rolling I do after seeing the massive amount of March for Life propaganda on my Facebook feed.

I know people that go to this march every year as if it were a vacation. They post tons of pictures of themselves doing touristy stuff and pictures of food while wearing their March for Life gear. If they really gave a damn about children, I would think their money would be better spent on helping actual, living children in need. But they won't. That would be too hard to actual get down in the trenches, so to speak, and help people in need. It is better for them to post selfies on the web to highlight their slacktivism.

A group of guys did this last year for March for Life.

4f702df87f2911e3867512fd8e835be7_6.jpg

a7fb8abc7f1f11e3aa530ec80a867f2c_6.jpg

The caption that was attached.

Reading my AWESOME gift from Maggen to get myself all revved up for next week's super fabulous prolife events!! #prolife #marchforlife #studentsforlife

Anyone know what day it's going to be on? If it's not a week night, might I propose the March for "Life" 2014 Social Media Drinking Game:

Josh Duggar says something stupid - 1 sip

Picture of a born baby used to discourage abortion - 1 sip

Picture of a school-aged child used to discourage abortion - 2 sips

Cisgender dude claiming to "choose life" - 2 sips

Pro-gun or anti-healthcare politician - 1 sip

Grammatical error - 1 sip

Spelling error - 2 sips

Science fail - finish your drink

"Purity" propaganda - finish your drink

Anti-gay propaganda - take a shot

Rick Santorum - take a shot

What have I missed?

It looks the main March for Life events will be on the 22nd. Some teens and college aged kids on IG are saying that they are leaving in the next couple of days. Some groups are transported via bus. Expect pics of youth groups in front of charter buses with pro life signs or shirts. In related news, the Passion conference is going on right now in Atlanta. Passion is a 2-3 day Christian event that features speakers and Christian rock bands. I bet some teens and college students were faced with the decision to either attend Passion or March for Life.

It looks the main March for Life events will be on the 22nd. Some teens and college aged kids on IG are saying that they are leaving in the next couple of days. Some groups are transported via bus. Expect pics of youth groups in front of charter buses with pro life signs or shirts. In related news, the Passion conference is going on right now in Atlanta. Passion is a 2-3 day Christian event that features speakers and Christian rock bands. I bet some teens and college students were faced with the decision to either attend Passion or March for Life.

That's a Wednesday. I'd forgotten they have to put it on a school day if they want the kids to come. Maybe I should change "take a sip" to "donate 10 cents to Planned Parenthood". The March For Life 2014 Social Media Donating Game.

Anyone know what day it's going to be on? If it's not a week night, might I propose the March for "Life" 2014 Social Media Drinking Game:

Josh Duggar says something stupid - 1 sip

Picture of a born baby used to discourage abortion - 1 sip

Picture of a school-aged child used to discourage abortion - 2 sips

Cisgender dude claiming to "choose life" - 2 sips

Pro-gun or anti-healthcare politician - 1 sip

Grammatical error - 1 sip

Spelling error - 2 sips

Science fail - finish your drink

"Purity" propaganda - finish your drink

Anti-gay propaganda - take a shot

Rick Santorum - take a shot

What have I missed?

I was going to add "tiny sculpture of baby claimed to be a X-week old fetus" but that would fall under Science Fail. I will accept this Reading Comprehension Fail and finish my drink.

Archived