IGNORED

March for Life 2014 Watch Thread

lilwriter85

Lot of Duggars are missing.

91aaab76837f11e38fe212fe268c46c4_8.jpg

I am once again thankful that none of the embarrassing things my parents made me do as a child were documented. Seriously. Those poor kids.

[attachment=0]online.JPG[/attachment]

Does her dad have to walk around with an "I regret being a dick to my daughter when she confided in me about her abuse" sign? No, because abortion is the problem here, not people treating women like shit...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the difference with the rape scenario between Jim Bob and Smuggar is that JB might be a smarmy twat but he clearly ADORES Michelle. I mean, yes he does dickish fundie things like think she's fine to make him breakfast when she's in labor, but I really do get the feeling that she's the love of his life. I think he would have supported whatever she had wanted to do. Of course, back then they weren't true fundies yet.

Smuggar isn't a true fundie either (he just plays one on tv), but he sees Anna as some kind of prop, something promised and owed to him by his god so he can play at being headship. He wouldn't give a shit about what Anna feels or thinks or wants.

Hyped-up adoption. Anna forced to keep silent about her grief.

Exactly. I don't advocate anyone being raped or sexually assaulted. I lived thru being sexually abused as a teenager by two male classmates at middle school and high school. It still bothers me to this day.

Is Lila Rose Quiverfull? The Washington Post had a story highlighting her and another anti-abortion activist, and these two quotes jumped out at me.

She was one of eight siblings, all of whom had been home-schooled.

Rose, whose organization also opposes birth control,...

It looks like she's wearing pants in the accompanying picture, but so do the Coghlans.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle ... 12c1cd8d1e

And so it begins...

[attachment=0]max.JPG[/attachment]

Ah, the annual fest of hypocrisy. Christians judging others for choices based upon their own beliefs and interpretations that may or may not be based upon study they have done on their own. I can only hope she didnt bring "Max" with her to freeze.

Wonder what they would have done if Max was a girl? I feel like they aren't the sort of people to have a girl named Max. That's the trouble about naming your embryo.

It would be nice if these assholes would fight for decent maternity coverage, since every insurance I've been on has denied my anti nausea meds when I'm pregnant- you know, the ones that keep baby and me alive. But fuck me, right?

This shit pisses me off. If I accidentally ever get pregnant again (currently 24 weeks), I'm going to have to think long and hard about what to do, because I won't be able to lay around vomiting and trying not to die, because I'll have a very young child to take care of (I get "morning" sickness really, really bad. I've been hospitalized, I've thrown up blood, I'm basically bedridden for four months because even walking to the bathroom makes me sick. Let's not talk about the number of times I've dry heaved in the middle of the store while running in to pick up the one thing I thought I could gag down). I've told my husband that if I have to go through this again, the baby will have to be in full time day care for all that time, because there's no way I can physically take care of it. And as things are now, full time day care is not affordable.

Pregnancy isn't easy on me. It's a nightmare, basically, and the only way I get through it is because I'm doing it because I WANT to. If I were forced to? I can't honestly say that I could've remained sane, and I mean that. This is hard enough when it's something I've chosen, and it pisses me off beyond belief that people want to take away my right to control my health and what happens to my body and my ability to care for the already existing members of my family. Fuck them sideways.

Josh & Anna make it look so easy with their inexpensive midwife delivery. Do they even understand how much a hospital birth costs even with insurance and how it is getting more expensive everyday. I had complex pregnancies. My first child born in the late 90's was a $10 copay total which included 3 times a week non stress tests, seeing 2 dr's weekly and I was offered everything I could have needs as far as meds, pain management(I declined but it was offered to be paid for), I even got a paid gym membership so I could use the pool. 5 years late in the 2000's I paid over 10k and had a very hard time finding a dr, in fact most doctors talked about abortion with me and had to move 4 hours away to find a dr. I was offered nothing but basic care and the complications have made me have a permanent medical problem for life(my child is fine). I spent almost a year in bed after having my child recovering plus 7 months on bedrest before. As I have said before non of the wonderful pro life groups would help with anything except free clothes and counseling. When we were forced to move to a different city for a dr, I knew nobody and called a few of these pro life groups for a ride to the dr because my husband worked and they all turned me down.

Today if I wanted to have another child (I don't) it would be a 12,500 ded plus 20%, so adoption would be cheaper but we all know how the Duggars feel about adoption.

I guess we will have to wait till multiple members of these large families has difficult pregnancies if they ever get the picture.

I still want an honest answer from the Duggars about how Josie was paid for. They carry her around at these rallies but never mention her million dollar medical care. Actually Josie's size baby get automatic medicare so it is really the 3lb babies that need 4-6 weeks in the NICU that don't get medicare that are financial nightmare. My last child spent 20 days in the step down NICU just for feeding issues and tempature control, no other issues and it was 60k and with insurance my partition was 7k.

Another reason for Universal Healthcare!

Of course the pro lifers are against that, and everything else that benefits children who are already born.

I read the article on Lifeline about the mother refusing Plan B for her daughter and she called it an aborficent. That makes me crazy.

I took Plan B after I was raped or sexually assaulted, I do not know exactly what happened to me. I almost got denied Plan B from the pharmacist because of being a Catholic. I was angry at the world and a shell of a person. To be denied one choice that I had would have been the end of me. I already felt like an animal and not a human with full rights. If I got pregnant, I would have went down the rabbit hole and I was already half way down. I don't know if I would have survived both things. I couldn't be a mother and the constant reminder what was inside me would have killed me. Instead of one life, two lives would have been lost. Being pro choice is about supporting the woman and her right to choose the right path for her. I did get plan b and I did survive now I am thriving. I want to be a mother when its right for me and under the best circumstances for me and my child. I used to consider myself pro life and prochoice, now I am staunchly pro choice. I choose to support the woman then her baby. I have offered to be a ride to a clinic and walk with someone in, it is scary. Women's rights are human rights and Human rights are women's rights is something Hilary Clinton said. I believe that.

• 2 weeks later...

New "March for life" pictures on a Bates family blog: blog.thebatesfamily.com/2014/02/03/right-to-life-march/

"Abortion hurts women" like their beliefs don't? :angry-banghead:

Here is my question to all Republicans and Tea Partiers-

If you want to keep the government out of my life, why do you want to rule my uterus?

New "March for life" pictures on a Bates family blog: blog.thebatesfamily.com/2014/02/03/right-to-life-march/

"Abortion hurts women" like their beliefs don't? :angry-banghead:

no, of course they don't hurt women. women are silly, simple creatures who need the guidance of their headship in order to survive. if they didn't protect women by treating them like children, they would all just die and then there would be no more babies

no, of course they don't hurt women. women are silly, simple creatures who need the guidance of their headship in order to survive. if they didn't protect women by treating them like children, they would all just die and then there would be no more babies

Yes of course, because woman can only make babies and cook for their husbands... Or not. I'm so glad I don't live in that world, and I can make choises for myself - even if that means a big workload (school and part-time job anyone?). And it gets better someday, hopefully.

That link from the life site news just rubbed me the wrong way, to say the least. Plan B is not murder. I am so tired of hearing that. What is in the world is wrong with preventing a potential pregnancy, which would lead to a extremely emotionally challenging situation? The woman who is carrying the pregnancy matters too!! The woman who has been raped matters!! I would have given her the Plan B without a second thought. I have taken Plan B and do not consider myself a murderer. How ridiculous.

Just :pull-hair:

Archived