IGNORED

March for Life 2014 Watch Thread

lilwriter85

These people disgust me. To them abortion under any circumstance is evil. But once that baby is born, they don't give a rats ass about that "gift from God" or the mother. Fuck them!

Or as the late, great George Carlin put it, "If you're pre-born you're loved; if you're pre-school you're fucked."

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to add "tiny sculpture of baby claimed to be a X-week old fetus" but that would fall under Science Fail. I will accept this Reading Comprehension Fail and finish my drink.

I would be three sheets to the wind within 30 minutes if I played that game! :lol:

Nothing irritates me more than 20 year old men telling me what I should be doing with my body.

They don't particularly care about them before they're born either- witness the crowds of these folks who are arguing about needing to buy maternity coverage as part of the ACA! They're also the ones who want to shut down the clinics offering free or low cost maternity care. They want to ban contraception- the single biggest contributer to decreasing rates of unwanted pregnancies. What they really want is to control other women's bodies. That's all.

And all the while ranting and raving about the evil big government having too much control in people's lives. Damn hypocrites!

Latest activity on IG is the usual pics of youth groups heading out to DC and then pics of people who have arrived. There are some pics of marches in other cities.

First personhood sign pic I've seen on social media.

84735cdc814a11e39a3b0e116d1f0d79_6.jpg

These people disgust me. To them abortion under any circumstance is evil. But once that baby is born, they don't give a rats ass about that "gift from God" or the mother. Fuck them!

So true!

Anyone know what day it's going to be on? If it's not a week night, might I propose the March for "Life" 2014 Social Media Drinking Game:

Josh Duggar says something stupid - 1 sip

Picture of a born baby used to discourage abortion - 1 sip

Picture of a school-aged child used to discourage abortion - 2 sips

Cisgender dude claiming to "choose life" - 2 sips

Pro-gun or anti-healthcare politician - 1 sip

Grammatical error - 1 sip

Spelling error - 2 sips

Science fail - finish your drink

"Purity" propaganda - finish your drink

Anti-gay propaganda - take a shot

Rick Santorum - take a shot

What have I missed?

Graphic photos of "aborted" babies that are actually nearly fully developed fetuses that are stillborn or were aborted to save the mother's life

Graphic photos of "aborted" babies that are actually nearly fully developed fetuses that are stillborn or were aborted to save the mother's life

Poster making reference to Jesus not being aborted.

Whenever I saw a poster that said "Thank G-d Mary Didn't Abort Jesus," I always wanted to counter with a sign that said "Klara Hitler Chose Life."

Poster making reference to Jesus not being aborted.

Whenever I saw a poster that said "Thank G-d Mary Didn't Abort Jesus," I always wanted to counter with a sign that said "Klara Hitler Chose Life."

That would be great if you or another one of us did!

I have to say that I sort of give credit to DemocratsforLife type people because while they are against abortion, they believe in helping women and children in need.

I have to say that I sort of give credit to DemocratsforLife type people because while they are against abortion, they believe in helping women and children in need.

I agree. While I don't agree with their anti-abortion stance, I have to give them credit for being consistent in caring about fetuses/babies before /and/ after they're born. That I can certainly appreciate.

(sorry about the noun confusion, I'm just not quite sure how to structure it and hope my meaning's clear)

I do respect organizations that are truly pro life like that, even if I disagree with them.

I first became familiar with Democrats for Life because a college friend joined that organization . This friend is liberal a lot of things, but not about abortion. I think part of the reason for her beliefs is because she is adopted and she was a member of a FB group called Adoptees Against Abortion. That group doesn't exist anymore. There was another smaller similar organization to DemsforLife that I remember hearing about, but can't remember the name.

We were invaded here in portland with those people. saw one woman carrying a sing saying she regretted her abortion. I wonder when she started regretting it?

This was on IG

ba61b34a81f711e392dd126926f767bb_6.jpg

Uggh.

These idiots don't realize that often having an abortion is the least selfish thing a woman can do.

I don't have respect for "truly pro-life" organizations even if they are trying to take care of the babies after they are born. Even if you take away every economic barrier that makes it difficult to raise children, there are still going to be women who want abortions because they just don't want to be pregnant or have a child. They would still want to take away bodily autonomy from those women.

Intimidating people for Jesus.

Sometimes I wonder how I used to believe like these sorts of people. I was so blind to what "pro-life" really meant.

Paying a visit to a Planned Parenthood center

493a7eda81e411e396f50eb5cd468707_6.jpg

Yeah, cause that's not scary or intimidating at all. I would be completely terrified to walk between a row of people like to get into a building to deal with my own personal health issues. Good grief :evil:

Personhood USA snuck this onto buzzfeed: buzzfeed.com/personhoodusa/12-unborn-animals-in-the-womb-you-have-to-see-to-b-drqv

It's too bad I can't imagine the pro-life movement ever not relying on equating early abortions with full-term fetuses.

Yeah, cause that's not scary or intimidating at all. I would be completely terrified to walk between a row of people like to get into a building to deal with my own personal health issues. Good grief :evil:

This protesting in front of clinics thing really irritates me. It is not constructive other than making people uncomfortable when you don't even know the reasons they are going in there. Sure, they have a right to do it provided they are not violent but that doesn't make it nice especially if you are using yelling and intimidation tactics to "prove your point." If you have a valid point then you shouldn't need that.

See, that shit just makes me angry and honestly, if I saw this situation on the street I would deliberately take my time sauntering into planned parenthood, probably whistling cheerfully, then hand them a donation and walk out and say something like 'damn, that was an awesome abortion'.

I know it's not helpful to feed the trolls but sometimes I can't resist. I did it to the local CO$ one time.

See, that shit just makes me angry and honestly, if I saw this situation on the street I would deliberately take my time sauntering into planned parenthood, probably whistling cheerfully, then hand them a donation and walk out and say something like 'damn, that was an awesome abortion'.

I know it's not helpful to feed the trolls but sometimes I can't resist. I did it to the local CO$ one time.

I'm sorry to hijack the thread but I'm ridiculously curious about the bolded.

I also think it'd be funny to troll by counting the people there and declaring that you'd be making a donation for every person protesting.

Personhood USA snuck this onto buzzfeed: buzzfeed.com/personhoodusa/12-unborn-animals-in-the-womb-you-have-to-see-to-b-drqv

It's too bad I can't imagine the pro-life movement ever not relying on equating early abortions with full-term fetuses.

What is extra ridiculous about this is that those images aren't even real. The elephant one is a model and the rest are either models or computer generated mockups. The only real one is the wallaby, which is already born and not a fetus.

channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/in-the-womb/galleries/episode-in-the-womb-animals/at/in-the-womb-animals-5-12151/ You can see here that they labeled the models and the computer generated images. This is the bullshit they are using for their propaganda

I'm sorry to hijack the thread but I'm ridiculously curious about the bolded.

I also think it'd be funny to troll by counting the people there and declaring that you'd be making a donation for every person protesting.

It wasn't anything exciting. I'm afraid.

There were a few people out the front of the CO$ branch trying to convince people to come in for those free personality tests (ie the list of everything that's wrong with you and why Scientology can fix that). One woman offered me a free test and said something about how Scientology can fix my problems. At this point I really couldn't resist and so I asked if it could help me with the gay thoughts I'd been struggling with. The woman said that yes, absolutely Scientology could help me control that. I looked her in the eye and said 'Good... because I'm having those feelings RIGHT NOW'.

Needless to say she was pretty skeeved out.

I see it as kind of a dick move now that I know much more about Scientology, because those poor people out front are the most unimportant, lowly worker bees on the Scientology totem poll, the ones who 100% believe in that shit and are desperate for enough wins that they can prove themselves and to scrape together more money to buy more courses. They are victims. I'd much rather be trolling the ones who know they're scamming and hurting people with their bullshit. Also, it really didn't help the CO$ see gay people in a more positive light.

It can be fun (and effective) to troll, but only if it doesn't result in any kind of punishment for people who are the victims of what you're trying to stop. I also once participated in an anonymous vigil outside CO$, which didn't accomplish much but at least there was no chance of anyone being punished for our actions.

Sorry for the hijack, I'm quite passionate about the subject of Scientology (as my avatar might suggest). I agree that it would be better to announce I'd just donated 10 cents for every person protesting or something. I do actually donate to Planned Parenthood even though I'm not a US citizen. In fact, I'm going to go donate right now as my personal form of protest against this march.

Archived