IGNORED

Seppi Wedding

formerlyfundie

http://www.livestream.com/neighborhoodc ... m=ui-thumb

It appears Dinah Seppi is a married woman after a very brief engagement.

I've never seen a wedding, fundie or not that is formatted like this (with the families on stage like that), have you?

And WHOA her brother's whole Muslim rant is really awkward- this is a wedding bro!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They apparently were only engaged just over a month. :O

Those vows were terrifying. And Dustin (the groom) announcing them as a couple was bizarre too. Might as well add them to the upcoming baby list if things keep happening this quickly!

I suppose they will live in that terribly sad wooden house we saw in the post titled "Affordable housing in Hooterville"... Dinah sitting in the rocking chair with a crazy print dress and her man right beside her, shovel in hand and all! They currently are the creepiest fundy married couple I have come to know on the internet.

And I was just surprised the family hasn't killed Dinah off the blog header picture just yet.

Can't watch the whole thing (I'm at work) so skipped to the vows.

Wedding song: :shock: It looked like a fundie Disney musical number. No.

What is "neglecting the fellowship of the saints"? "The convenant between me and your parents", yeah. Ack.

Do we think they wrote those vows? Dinah doesn't seem to have read those before. If you need a sheet to remember your vows, they're too long. It's not a book report!

"I have no confidence in my strength" :( :(

Regina looked happy, I thought. Mr Regina (Greg? Dave?) still looks like a vampire. He's virtually transparent.

He couldn't get that veil off quick enough poor girl. What a weird wedding.

Wow, the father of the bride mentions "giving her a few swats" as a child and praises her for not wanting to go to college. He also refers to Hitler's plan for a master race as a "flop" (I can't remember how Hitler got involved and I can't bear to go back). The worst has to be the speech by the bride's brother about how Europe is dying and Germany is a Muslim nation. Of course he mentions protesting a gay pride parade. There is a 95% fornication rate!Obama is promoting slavery through the heath care laws! I'm pretty sure this is the first wedding speech where euthanasia is mentioned, at least I hope so. "If we don't change God will destroy us". How romantic! The groom says the covenant is between him and her parents. Of course she vows to obey.

If this is what goes on at a wedding I can't imagine what the regular Sunday service is like.

http://www.livestream.com/neighborhoodchurch/video?clipId=pla_df781609-91c8-4ea2-9188-1523510e06bd&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

It appears Dinah Seppi is a married woman after a very brief engagement.

I've never seen a wedding, fundie or not that is formatted like this (with the families on stage like that), have you?

And WHOA her brother's whole Muslim rant is really awkward- this is a wedding bro!

Yep, David Botkin's wedding had this set-up, and also Kressant... what's her last name? Smith?

Here's the play-by-play.

0:00 Music, nothing happening.

6:30 Families? start walking down the aisle. They turned off the music for this.

10:20 The groom (Dustin) sings a twangy kids song about Adam and Eve, "It's Not Good for a Man to be Alone."

13:30 Bride's procession starts; Dinah comes down the aisle a minute later. Simple dress, but pretty.

16:20 Groom starts speaking about Jesus is Lord. Is he performing his own wedding?

20:00 Still talking. Jonathan Edwards is well-known as America's greatest theologian and intellectual. (By who?)

...I skipped ahead...

36:36 Still jabbering. Starts crying over his salvation and salvation of family and friends.

38:00 Finishes up. David Seppi, Dinah's father, takes over the speaking. Dustin has been living with the Seppis for months. Cohabitation!?!

40:00 Honoring marriage means protecting your daughter's virginity.

...He's boring, so I skipped ahead...

45:00 Telling stories about Dinah's childhood...

48:20 Invokes blessing, couple hugs, nuzzle noses, hold hands.

49:00 Everyone sings Hallelujah, Praise Jehovah.

51:30 George?, groom's father speaks about Dustin's baptism.

...skip ahead...

56:45 Lance, Dinah's brother speaks. Years ago, she asked for him to speak at her wedding. Talks about

-Dustin's work ethic,

-lack of degree,

-death of Europe,

-how gay marriage puts us on the edge of civilization,

-we're living in a post-Christian world,

-Muslims are taking over,

-churches are being sold,

-this does not glorify God,

-there is a 95% fornication rate (I thought it was 97%.),

-Puritans had a 1% fornication rate (Haha, no.),

-don't teach daughters to be independent,

-there is no reason for women to go to college

-"idolatry of education"

-Obama [unintelligible about ACA] slavery,

-pray there are no divorces for 200 years

-Obama leads to euthanasia.

Really, it's pretty epic and if you watch one part of the wedding, it should be his speech.

1:11:00 Lance ends his rant and starts praying.

1:12:15 Everyone sings "Mighty Lord, Extend Your Kingdom."

1:14:50 Some guy speaks about the marriage covenant.

-Marriage is a legal contract,

-it's between equals (wha? - later explains this is only regarding the legal/contractual side),

-must be voluntary and negotiated beforehand,

-man and God are not equals and therefore cannot negotiate terms of covenant

-Christian marriage is subject to God's covenant (so not between equals and no negotiation?)

-2 covenants bride and groom make: to God and to each other.

1:24:20 Duet by Dinah and Dustin, "This is the Day the Lord Hath Made." It's, um, not great.

1:26:40 Dustin's vows. Covenant is between him and Dinah's parents, will be faithful, teach her, protect her, blah blah blah.

1:28:56 Dinah's vows. Promises to submit, "ever seeking to please you." She lists off her promises; it sounds like she's in a job interview for a maid service. She uses "purpose" as a verb.

1:31:20 They exchange rings and are presented as a couple. Surprisingly not a face-eating kiss.

1:32:00 Sing something; can't hear the words.

1:33:15 same guy as 1:14:50 talks to couple, does benediction.

1:34:00 Couple leaves to music, followed by family.

1:37:45 Greg? Gary? husband of Regina, Dinah's sister is the emcee. Will dismiss the congregation table by table to greet the couple. Make sure they take their plates with them to greet Dustin and Dinah, otherwise they won't be able to eat the feast! There will be dancing, but first the tables on the north side will be removed. Sitting there? Sucks to be you! He repeatedly invites people to come up for open mic prayers, singing, reminiscing. No one takes him up on that.

-FIN-

I still find it kind of hilarious that these people are so terrified of Muslims when they really have more in common with conservative Muslims than anyone else.

I still find it kind of hilarious that these people are so terrified of Muslims when they really have more in common with conservative Muslims than anyone else.

Isn't that the truth? If they could they would impose their own version of the Taliban in this country. Something that a few of us have mentioned here before as well.

I didn't sit through the whole thing but enough that I wondered why on earth fundies use a wedding to rant about death, salvation, state of the world or whatever their issue is. A wedding is no place to air your grievances or whatever.

My cousins fundie wedding was all about women being supposed to submit and how we were all going to hell.

Thanks to thekate for suffering through that on behalf of the team. It's just excruciating - and two hours?? Who can sit through something that uncomfortable for that long without needing to pee?

Thanks to thekate for suffering through that on behalf of the team. It's just excruciating - and two hours?? Who can sit through something that uncomfortable for that long without needing to pee?

My cousin's fundie wedding was an hour and that was more than enough to be sitting there and being berated.

My cousin's fundie wedding was an hour and that was more than enough to be sitting there and being berated.

Thanks thekate-- I don't think I could take it. My brother married an evangelical-turning-fundie and the wedding sermon (!) damned us all; the preacher yammered on for almost an hour while the happy couple stood there facing him.

I remember being a guest at a Catholic wedding when I was a teenager.... we were in and out of there in 20 minutes. It was awesome.

What is a fornication rate, anyway? Are they just talking about sex outside of marriage, or does it include things like masturbation and lust, because in that case I'm pretty sure there's a 100% fornication rate.

I would say anytime, but I'm not a masochist. Thank goodness it wasn't live when I watched it. Fast forward was my best friend.

Wow, the father of the bride mentions "giving her a few swats" as a child and praises her for not wanting to go to college. He also refers to Hitler's plan for a master race as a "flop" (I can't remember how Hitler got involved and I can't bear to go back). The worst has to be the speech by the bride's brother about how Europe is dying and Germany is a Muslim nation. Of course he mentions protesting a gay pride parade. There is a 95% fornication rate!Obama is promoting slavery through the heath care laws! I'm pretty sure this is the first wedding speech where euthanasia is mentioned, at least I hope so. "If we don't change God will destroy us". How romantic! The groom says the covenant is between him and her parents. Of course she vows to obey.

If this is what goes on at a wedding I can't imagine what the regular Sunday service is like.

Amazing that they condemn Hitler. They sound like fascists/Nazis to me.

Thanks thekate-- I don't think I could take it. My brother married an evangelical-turning-fundie and the wedding sermon (!) damned us all; the preacher yammered on for almost an hour while the happy couple stood there facing him.

I remember being a guest at a Catholic wedding when I was a teenager.... we were in and out of there in 20 minutes. It was awesome.

When I married Mr. nokidsmom, our Lutheran wedding was 20 minutes. Pastor was supposed to do a short talk but for whatever reason, he went straight through the vows. People were scratching their heads over the shortness of it all, but for me with my cousin's fundie wedding in recent memory and another cousins wedding stretched to over an hour because their Missouri Synod pastor insisted on doing everything, long sermon, communion, no secular music and all (he refused to marry them if they didn't do what he wanted) I was totally fine with keeping things short.

Here's the play-by-play.

56:45 Lance, Dinah's brother speaks. Years ago, she asked for him to speak at her wedding. Talks about

-Dustin's work ethic,

-lack of degree,

-death of Europe,

-how gay marriage puts us on the edge of civilization,

-we're living in a post-Christian world,

-Muslims are taking over,

-churches are being sold,

-this does not glorify God,

-there is a 95% fornication rate (I thought it was 97%.),

-Puritans had a 1% fornication rate (Haha, no.),

-don't teach daughters to be independent,

-there is no reason for women to go to college

-"idolatry of education"

-Obama [unintelligible about ACA] slavery,

-pray there are no divorces for 200 years

-Obama leads to euthanasia.

Really, it's pretty epic and if you watch one part of the wedding, it should be his speech.

Woah. First of all, someone needs to learn what a wedding speech pertains. This is crazy pants Sunday morning preaching.

And I totally thought he said an "idolatry of vegetation" :lol:

I couldn't get past the caterwauling that was supposed to be singing. Oh my ears, that was bad! My poor cat had a hissy fit and left the room!

I went to her dad's church from the link on her blog and there are a lot of weddings there, but I can't open them to see if they are all the same style. I did learn that they pray Imprecatory Prayers, which I have always found pretty awful--though if they were working, wouldn't they already have their world their way, with Obama no longer president, women all uneducated and the world run as a Christian Theonomy?

What does it mean when your prayers go unanswered? That you are out of favor with God?

Interesting!! Thanks to the person who did the breakdown of the wedding!! Disturbing wedding, not sure how I would feel if I went to one of these.

thekate - Thank you for the play by play.

I forwarded through a lot of it ... watched just enough to get the idea of what was going on. Very interesting to watch.

Archived