IGNORED

Seppi Wedding

formerlyfundie

Does Regina's husband remind anyone else of Nicky's creepy ex-husband JJ on Big Love? You know the one who took her as a child bride? Not the actor, so much, just the character!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a very bizarre wedding. The groom breaks up and has tears. The brother ranting about the gayz and ebil Muslims. Dinah stumbling in her vows, then I give this ring. It was way too long. My Catholic wedding was a nuptial Mass and it still was only about 45 minutes. I've been to Protestant weddings that are 10 minutes long. How old is this couple?

That was a very bizarre wedding. The groom breaks up and has tears. The brother ranting about the gayz and ebil Muslims. Dinah stumbling in her vows, then I give this ring. It was way too long. My Catholic wedding was a nuptial Mass and it still was only about 45 minutes. I've been to Protestant weddings that are 10 minutes long. How old is this couple?

I agree that it was a super-weird wedding. Aren't you supposed to have a minister officiating the ceremony?

I have never seen the groom himself announcing and introducing the married couple...

I had to tune out about half way through that nonsense. The speakers made a total mockery of the wedding, turning it first into a sermon on the virtues of serving Mamon, and then into into yet another opportunity to pursue their favourite hobbies: Bitching about homosexuals and Muslims.

What li-service they paid to bride and groom was buried in so much bullshit that someone just tuning in (without having seen Dinah Seppi) would think they had landed on some xenophobe blabbering on about the brooooown menace.

64726_10201700773987597_1699573968_n.jpg

The groom looks like the brothers. I didn't even know about the one on the far right, they never really talk about him- they focus primarily on the girls.

And she's definitely wearing makeup- which looks really nice! And her hair is curled, she usually has a more natural wave. Regina didn't have any of that at her wedding so why Dinah does is a mystery to me.

And in all her pics she has her hand and bouquet over her stomach so... :whistle:

The dresses- yes I'm glad someone said it before I did, I don't understand any of it. I guess with the wedding pushed up so fast they didn't have time to get real dresses made or bought that match/fit correctly...the tshirts drive me up a wall.

Yeah, those dresses make me want to cry. If they wanted something with more arm/chest coverage, why not just buy a dress that covers what you want it to in the first place? Even if you're super short on time, a blue dress with a high neck and sleeves doesn't seem like it would be hard to find.

56:45 Lance, Dinah's brother speaks. Years ago, she asked for him to speak at her wedding. Talks about

-Dustin's work ethic,

-lack of degree,

-death of Europe,

-how gay marriage puts us on the edge of civilization,

-we're living in a post-Christian world,

-Muslims are taking over,

-churches are being sold,

-this does not glorify God,

-there is a 95% fornication rate (I thought it was 97%.),

-Puritans had a 1% fornication rate (Haha, no.),

-don't teach daughters to be independent,

-there is no reason for women to go to college

-"idolatry of education"

-Obama [unintelligible about ACA] slavery,

-pray there are no divorces for 200 years

-Obama leads to euthanasia.

Really, it's pretty epic and if you watch one part of the wedding, it should be his speech.

1:11:00 Lance ends his rant and starts praying.

Wow, you weren't exaggerating where the rant was concerned. :shock: I thought the applause following it was fairly lukewarm, though.

I just can't get over the arrogance of these men. They all seem to love the sound their own voices. The bride's vows were sickening - so self-debasing.

Is this even a legal wedding, with no minister?

Wow, you weren't exaggerating where the rant was concerned. :shock: I thought the applause following it was fairly lukewarm, though.

I just can't get over the arrogance of these men. They all seem to love the sound their own voices. The bride's vows were sickening - so self-debasing.

That got me wondering. Are the Seppi's the type of "we don't need no marriage license" type of fundies? Given the ranting done during the ceremony it seems that they could be.

The church that links from the Seppi blog "Trinity Covenant Church"

shows that both David Seppi and Lance Seppi preach sermons there.

So, I'd say she was covered as far as a minister goes. IF they care about it being legal with the state and all.

http://trinitycovenantchurch.net/sermons.html

Does anyone know how old Dinah is (or how old any of them are?) ? She really does look pretty there and I hope she is as happy as she is projecting. (But then again who isn't happy on their wedding day....?) :|

Here's their names and birthdates:

Regina Joy Seppi - 6 May 1983

Fama Dianne Seppi - 23 Feb 1985

Lance Gregory Seppi - 7 Oct 1987

Dinah Leigh Seppi - 23 Dec 1989

Victor John Seppi - 25 Dec 1991

Melody Anne Seppi - 15 Sep 1994

Jodavid isn't in the California Birth Index, so he was born after 1995.

Wow. I don't think I've ever gotten out of a Catholic wedding in under an hour. Full mass, including Communion for the Catholics in attendance. I've seen Protestant wedding ceremonies in 20-30 minutes.

Me, too - and the same for a protestant ceremony as well.

My husband and I were invited to the wedding of a friend and he was asked to make pictures. Of course he wanted to make some nice pictures in the church, left the bench, shot a few pics and waited. and waited. and waited. Until he realized that his nice wife (=me) is waving at him to come over for the last 10 min because this is not a muslim ceremony which takes like only a few minutes. :lol:

Most of my friends married in Catholic ceremonies, not always with the full mass, and all lasted at least 45 minutes. I find such wedding ceremonies extremely tedious.

s'cuse me while I go stalk this bundle of weird.

Also, I would laugh SO HARD if they freaking had premarital sex and she got pregnant. Oh fundies..

edited to add: in the side bar of Mama Seppi's blog, it says "fellow blogers" someone never learned the doubling rule!

I know these are people with horrible beliefs and that there is plenty to snark on that doesn't include looks, but the shallow bitch in me has to say it. Those are horrible bridesmaids dresses, the clothes on the guys are ill-fitting, and maroon and royal blue DO NOT go together. Whew. I feel better.

Joining you in shallow bitchiness to say this: it is a wedding FFS, get dresses that are made to meet your crazy ass modesty standards instead of putting tacky shirts underneath them! :?

So I'm about halfway through watching this. WTF??? Over an hour in and all I've seen is a bunch of ridiculous and rather depressing sermons. If I were at a wedding like this, I probably would be getting out the invitation to check and see if I were in the right church and hadn't actually stumbled into a revival service of some sort.

And really...the groom giving a sermon about how horrible and "vile" and "filthy" everyone is? "Wives are vile" said the groom, that is an uplifting moment for a couple to remember from their wedding ceremony. And the brother ranting about gay people and politics...okay. Am I the only one that suspects he was making up all of his statistics? And praying for 200 years of no divorce? Really? I'd like the stupid ass to tell that to my friend who left and filed for divorce after her husband held a gun to her head and threatened to kill her.

Joining you in shallow bitchiness to say this: it is a wedding FFS, get dresses that are made to meet your crazy ass modesty standards instead of putting tacky shirts underneath them! :?

If these gals are domestic goddesses, wouldn't buying a bolt of cloth, making three dresses in.the.same.color. and having the dresses as modest as they want them be easy?

Archived