IGNORED

Nathan and Melanie's 11th anniversary

kpmom

Today marks 11 years Nathan and Melanie have been married, according to the blog.

The picture Sarah put up of them is a nice one. The little I can see of Melanie's dress, it looks really cute. Even Nathan looks good in the picture, but he still has intense, creepy eyes.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nathan looks so much like SteveO in that picture, it's scary! But I have to admit, they do look pretty happy and Melanie doesn't have the dead eyes like Teri does.

I remember when they got married, back when the Maxwells were still attending church and associated with outsiders. I remember their years of infertility, which must have been difficult for Melanie. Their 11 years of marriage saw a lot of hardships too, like their multiple miscarriages and their first daughter who lived only a few days. I'm glad that the couple now have three beautiful children and I'm hoping that they will allow them to have friends and have hobbies. My ultimate wish is for them to disassociate from the Mothership and their weird cultish practices.

At least Mel's family lives nearby. She has around a dozen sib's. I believe some of they are fundie light, or not fundie at all. (There was a thread a while ago.) Poor Anna is very far from her family.

Until I read on here I didn't know anything about Melanie Maxwell's family background. Thanks for the info everyone. I agree they do seem happy & in love, I think in somes ways Melanie & Nathan got to get to know one another because they were married for a while before kids.

While I don't think their beliefs are necessarily any less fundie than those of the Steve clan, I agree they look fairly happy together, and Melanie looks far less brain-dead than Teri or Sarah. Good for them. I can only hope that Melanie's family can exert some influence over the way the girls will be raised, especially as they get older.

Today marks 11 years Nathan and Melanie have been married, according to the blog.

The picture Sarah put up of them is a nice one. The little I can see of Melanie's dress, it looks really cute. Even Nathan looks good in the picture, but he still has intense, creepy eyes.

I agree. And I think I detect earrings in Melanie's ears.

Just saw their latest post (on the edge of my seat waiting for "Part 2"...). Looks like Abby and Bethy "cooked" dinner for their parents. Ah the Moodies, you're such an inspiration.

A cute idea, but with Terri and Stevie, and all the adult-children, one of them could have baby sat the girls. Stevie would have had to foregone his back rub thoguh - which you are making an idol of Stevie :naughty: :naughty:

My take is that although the Maxwells will eat out during the day, Stevie has decided it is too defrauding at night - dating couples, grape juice, music with a beat.....

The episode of Kid Farm called the date had a similar concept :lol:

He has the maxwell eyes :shock: the girls have em too. They have their mother to thank for those.

Guest Anonymous

It's crappy that Nathan and Melanie didn't get a night out for their anniversary. Living their lives waiting for the next treat experience from the Moody book to be re-enacted can't be very exciting. Fruit pizza anyone?

So Sarah assumed a 4 or 5 year old child would get the hint she was trying to give by emphasizing the words she was reading? Um, ok.

I did enjoy the Moody snippets though. "Dad saw the pleasure in mom's eyes." snicker, snicker

A 4 year would not get the hint. And I agree one of the aunts or grandparents should have offered to watch the kids so they could have dinner out in a resturant.

My snarky side: But letting or sending them out to dinner would miss the opportunity to pimp the Moody books.

Do we know that Nathan and Melanie didn't go out for their anniversary? I think it's sweet if the kids "cook" for them but something romantic would also be nice. I don't know much about what the Maxwells consider romantic getaways. Steve and Teri go on bed and breakfast weekends for a little alone time and to discuss homeschooling stuff. I hope that Nathan and Melanie gets to do something like that, even if there's not "pragmatic" purpose other alone time.

Melanie does wear ear rings, and it almost looks in that picture like she's wearing just a teeny, tiny touch of makeup, but that's probably not right. Still, I hope it is. I always think she looks very kind and patient. I think she would have to be to put up so much togetherness with her inlaws. I would love to know what her extended family thinks of the Maxwells.

On a separate but related note, NR Anna looks to me to be quite happy in marriage and motherhood. She looks genuinely happy and the smile goes to her eyes. I hope Christopher is good to her and allows her to think for herself and make her own decisions from time to time. I've always thought she was very pretty in a plain farm girl kind of way. I wonder if she and Melanie are close or not? It's interesting that NR Anna usually wears her hair braided because I think there's a line in the bible about how women are not supposed to braid their hair because it's too immodest or something.

Here it is about women braiding their hair:

"1 Peter 3:1-22 ESV

Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands, ...

1 Timothy 2:9 ESV

Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire..."

I always liked that Melanie didn't wear frumpers like all the other Maxwell women.

In the last couple of years, though, Teri and the Maxwell daughters have moved away from frumpers and on to basic long skirts and multiple layers of shirts; I wonder what led to the wardrobe change? Non-Reversal Anna has always seemed quite fond of frumpers; I don't think I've ever seen her wear anything else.

I always liked that Melanie didn't wear frumpers like all the other Maxwell women.

In the last couple of years, though, Teri and the Maxwell daughters have moved away from frumpers and on to basic long skirts and multiple layers of shirts; I wonder what led to the wardrobe change? Non-Reversal Anna has always seemed quite fond of frumpers; I don't think I've ever seen her wear anything else.

NR Anna was wearing a sweater and skirt in their family photos posted around Christmas.

Bethany is really too young to get anything out of Aunt Sarah reading her an excerpt from a Moody book. I hope - how I hope - that Nathan and Melanie have a stack of colorful and imagination-stimulating picture books at home for their daughters.

Guest Anonymous

Someone noted a while back that the wardrobe change appeared to take place after the Maxwells visited the Duggars. Quite a few income-generating changes happened at the same time, which suggests that (though he'd never admit it), Steve was happy to take advice on how to please your sheeple from Jimbob himself. :whistle:

As these girls become young women with no brothers, it will be interesting to watch how Nat reacts. Will he be willing to hand them over to husbands with few job skills. He won't live forever to "protect" them. What if no man meets his expectations. Watching his 31 yo spinster sister has got to have him thinking...

So apparently in the Moody books, Sarah had a chapter where the Maxwell drones Moody kids, make a meal and "play restaurant" for their parent's anniversary. Sarah though it would be fun to have Abby and Bethany do this for their parents anniversary. No snarking to be had there, however, the 3-part post (part 3 yet to come!) is fairly snarkworty as Sarah's writing ability seems to be regressing by the minute. I mean really, who writes and/or speaks like this???

Last week, the Lord gave us aunties an idea of something to do with our nieces. The idea was precipitated from an event in Book #4 and several notes I have received from Moody readers telling me they had done this same activity after reading it in the Moody book.

We reserved Abigail and Bethany for Thursday afternoon with permission to use Nathan and Melanie’s van. In addition, Nathan and Melanie knew Friday evening was set aside for something special.

*shudders*

Haven't looked at the whole blog entry yet (I can't risk falling asleep too early).

So somebody tell me - in the earlier post about the anni, Melanie looked a little puffy around the middle. Anyboth else see any hint of a blessed event in the making?

So apparently in the Moody books, Sarah had a chapter where the Maxwell drones Moody kids, make a meal and "play restaurant" for their parent's anniversary. Sarah though it would be fun to have Abby and Bethany do this for their parents anniversary. No snarking to be had there, however, the 3-part post (part 3 yet to come!) is fairly snarkworty as Sarah's writing ability seems to be regressing by the minute. I mean really, who writes and/or speaks like this???

*shudders*

Seriously, these people think it's normal for Adults to suggest to young children to play out part of a book for their parent's anniversary? It would have been cute if the little girls would have suggested it, but when it's the Aunties, it's just downright CRAY-CRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sarah is going down the same road as the Arndts boys.... no one will marry the weird ones and since Steve-o won't let Sarah marry one of the Arndts, I guess she'll be on the compound until Steve-o kicks the bucket.

P.S. Sarah- stop peddling your books by having your nieces recreate parts of them in real life. It makes you look desperate.

Archived