IGNORED

Nathan and Melanie's 11th anniversary

kpmom

So apparently in the Moody books, Sarah had a chapter where the Maxwell drones Moody kids, make a meal and "play restaurant" for their parent's anniversary. Sarah though it would be fun to have Abby and Bethany do this for their parents anniversary. No snarking to be had there,/quote]

No, it's sweat as I said earlier, but there seems to be bigger issues that Stevie will not let anyone babysit, nor are they allowed out in the evening for a meal, which most normal couples would do.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But, but, but, if they left them alone with a baby sitter she might do something HORRIBLE and read them an evil worldly book like "The Pokey Little Puppy!" The girls might get the terrible idea that they can run away and have fun, blame it on someone else, and still get dessert! These young, impressionable minds must be saved! Even pre-schoolers need to know where they are going to go when the die

But, but, but, if they left them alone with a baby sitter she might do something HORRIBLE and read them an evil worldly book like "The Pokey Little Puppy!" The girls might get the terrible idea that they can run away and have fun, blame it on someone else, and still get dessert! These young, impressionable minds must be saved! Even pre-schoolers need to know where they are going to go when the die

Yup, that Pokey Little Puppy is the root trouble for all those juvenile delinquents. Bad ass little puppy. Starts with the Pokey Little Puppy and the next thing you know, they're buying crack on the street corner. :angry-devil:

They usually read each book twice before moving to the next book.

OMG.... how do they not fall asleep within minutes of reading a chapter? Those books are soooooooooooo boring. :sleeping-yellow:

OMG.... how do they not fall asleep within minutes of reading a chapter? Those books are soooooooooooo boring. :sleeping-yellow:

Well maybe the people who buy those books do so for that very reason. Bore the kids to sleep so mommy and daddy can enjoy sweet, sweet fellowship. ;)

Sooooooooooo... the way I see it is a bunch of adult (or nearly adult) women wanted to pretend to be Moody kids, so they used their preschool-aged nieces as decoys to try to make it all seem less strange. Am I missing anything?

Post part 2 is up. They are at the supermarket. Boy, Abby is getting tall! These girl-women do nothing but cook and clean all day. What do they buy? Bottled spagatti sauce and bottled salad dressing. Both are so easy to make. And why do they need to borrow Nat's van? Don't they have their own family car? At least we know someone can drive, probaby Sarah, cause there were no brothers along.

Sooooooooooo... the way I see it is a bunch of adult (or nearly adult) women wanted to pretend to be Moody kids, so they used their preschool-aged nieces as decoys to try to make it all seem less strange. Am I missing anything?

That about sums it up. But, it's not nearly so weird as when they celebrated the publishing of Sarah's last book by playing hide and seek in the dark, just like the Moodys apparently did in that book. Now that was just strange.

Post part 2 is up. They are at the supermarket. Boy, Abby is getting tall! These girl-women do nothing but cook and clean all day. What do they buy? Bottled spagatti sauce and bottled salad dressing. Both are so easy to make. And why do they need to borrow Nat's van? Don't they have their own family car? At least we know someone can drive, probaby Sarah, cause there were no brothers along.

They probably borrowed the van so they'd have the girl's car seats already installed (much easier than moving them).

Re. the food; maybe they went pre-packaged as it would be easier for the nieces to help.

That about sums it up. But, it's not nearly so weird as when they celebrated the publishing of Sarah's last book by playing hide and seek in the dark, just like the Moodys apparently did in that book. Now that was just strange.

OMG, how did I miss that bit of strangeness? Oh why oh why are these girls not with the lost (Arnt) boys? They would be perfect matches for each other. They can all live under Mommy and Daddy Arndt's roof and film their little play adventures have a grand old time. Hilarity would ensue!

As these girls become young women with no brothers, it will be interesting to watch how Nat reacts. Will he be willing to hand them over to husbands with few job skills. He won't live forever to "protect" them. What if no man meets his expectations. Watching his 31 yo spinster sister has got to have him thinking...

I think it depends on how long Steve lives. If he lives a long time (until the granddaughters are adults), God knows what nutcase they'll marry. If he were to die within 5-10 years, I think the cult will become somewhat more normal, especially since Melanie's family, while fundie, are not exactly the Maxwells. Though Nathan has the crazy eyes and is probably a patriarchal douchebag by our standards, I think Steve is what keeps this whole thing going.

Looking at those pics of the grocery store made me sad that a trip to the store with her sisters and nieces and without her parents was such a huge event for a 31-year-old. I am sure the kids had fun with their aunts but, I am sure the trip took tons of planning and praying over. It is so sad that these little girls aren't just Sarah, Mary, and Anna's nieces but they are the only friends they can be around without parental supervision. Steve Maxwell is the biggest cult leader/ douchebag ever.

Looking at those pics of the grocery store made me sad that a trip to the store with her sisters and nieces and without her parents was such a huge event for a 31-year-old. I am sure the kids had fun with their aunts but, I am sure the trip took tons of planning and praying over. It is so sad that these little girls aren't just Sarah, Mary, and Anna's nieces but they are the only friends they can be around without parental supervision. Steve Maxwell is the biggest cult leader/ douchebag ever.

Agree!!

If I were given even a year to do nothing but "learn homemaking", I would learn how to: cook gourmet meals from scratch, garden, sew clothing, knit, crochet, quilt, make a dozen different kinds of homemade cleaning solutions and beauty stuff, wine and beer brewing...I could probably do more if that was all I had on my plate. How do these girls spend 10 years on their "homemaking degree" and emerge knowing next to nothing? In Poor Sarah's case, is Steve so controlling that she can't even read a cookbook, try a new ingredient, or bring a little innovation into the mundane tasks? Or does it just not longer occur to any of them to even think of anything new?

ETA an observation: Mary totally has a come-hither look going on in that photo where she is looking over her shoulder from the van. And she is constantly tossing her hair. She seems aware of her looks in a way that Anna and Sarah never have been. I'm going to hypothesize (despite the "I heart my daddy" thing) that Mary has figured out that she's beautiful and that this could be her ticket out to at least a slightly less mad fundie existence, if not fundie lite. Anyone else see this.

(Steve, if you're reading this, I could be wrong! Please don't lock Mary in the prayer closet until she's 40!)

The pre-packaged foods creep me out a bit since it is so against what most of the fundies do, but I agree with a previous poster that it makes more sense in order to have the little girls to help. I actually think it was pretty sweet that they wanted to make dinner for their parents, pre-packaged or not. They will eventually learn the difference. And for the most part, aside from lots of plastic cups and paper plates, I don't think the Maxwell's eat a lot of prepackaged stuff. When they are on the road, probably. When they are at home, probably not.

Melanie looks happy. She's just beautiful.

They probably borrowed the van so they'd have the girl's car seats already installed (much easier than moving them).

Re. the food; maybe they went pre-packaged as it would be easier for the nieces to help.

I think you are right on this, make it easy so the kids could help. However, one thing I've observed of the Maxwell's blog posts on menus, special meals, ect., it that it is all fairly run of the mill, if that makes sense? Although it appears that don't do much pre-packaged/pre-made meals, they don't go nearly as down home homemade as per say Zsu. Also their meals are nothing overly extravagant, salads, soups, casseroles, lots of burritos. Now don't get me wrong, there isn't anything wrong with the way the eat, I would just expect a lot more for a houseful of helpmeets.

One of the reasons for not perusing higher education is because the daughter needs to train at home (educate herself) to be a helpmeet her future headship. So lets look at Sarah, who is what 31 now? Essentially, by this time she should have her BS, MS, PhD and be on her second post-doc in "helpmeet." I'd expect a lot more extravagance in the kitchen then she puts out, handmade pasta and sauces, homemade salad dressing, creative sides, ect, not bean burritos 3 times a week for dinner.

You can't make exciting food because you might enjoy it and then it would become an idol. :twisted:

If I were given even a year to do nothing but "learn homemaking", I would learn how to: cook gourmet meals from scratch, garden, sew clothing, knit, crochet, quilt, make a dozen different kinds of homemade cleaning solutions and beauty stuff, wine and beer brewing...I could probably do more if that was all I had on my plate. How do these girls spend 10 years on their "homemaking degree" and emerge knowing next to nothing? In Poor Sarah's case, is Steve so controlling that she can't even read a cookbook, try a new ingredient, or bring a little innovation into the mundane tasks? Or does it just not longer occur to any of them to even think of anything new?

ETA an observation: Mary totally has a come-hither look going on in that photo where she is looking over her shoulder from the van. And she is constantly tossing her hair. She seems aware of her looks in a way that Anna and Sarah never have been. I'm going to hypothesize (despite the "I heart my daddy" thing) that Mary has figured out that she's beautiful and that this could be her ticket out to at least a slightly less mad fundie existence, if not fundie lite. Anyone else see this.

(Steve, if you're reading this, I could be wrong! Please don't lock Mary in the prayer closet until she's 40!)

Now, now, we can't have Poor Sarah reading exotic cookbooks. She might come across this.....

axcn02.jpg

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

My niece, Abigail, is a faithful Moody fan since her daddy reads to her from a Moody book most evenings. They usually read each book twice before moving to the next book

That sounds like that's the only book they ever read. Hopefully Melanie reads other books to them during the day.

You can't make exciting food because you might enjoy it and then it would become an idol. :twisted:

Very true, however how can the Maxwell Maidens ever expect to get themselves a headship if the best they can offer up is a bean burrito? Maybe this is why John Marie hasn't asked Steve for a transfer of authority yet. Steve-O is not going to be able to peddle his courtship wares until one of the three is married off.

We reserved Abigail and Bethany for Thursday afternoon

- are they hire cars or seats on a plane? I've got a lovely niece and nephew 2.5 and 8 months :D and I call it spending time or looking after or taking them out...

Yes, I've noticed too that Mary seems much more aware of her looks in the last few months, the stylish clothing, the scarves etc. As already noted since Stevie took a few of them to the Duggers the frumpers have gone, so maybe Jim Boob told Stevie to take it a step further? - I would love to be a fly on a wall when those tools got together.

As a personal trainer, yes they do eat healthly and good on them, it's just the food rationing. Maybe it's to stop the reversal boys' muscles growing too much with all the training they do - which would result in them being defrauding? There was a family posted on here who have a couple of very nicely built sons... :dance:

I actually think it was pretty sweet that they wanted to make dinner for their parents, pre-packaged or not.

But they didn't want to do it... they were basically "convinced" by the aunt so said aunt could pretend to be a Moody kid. These poor girls are just being used as props in Sarah's weird fantasy life.

Archived