IGNORED

New Horse & pony show in the works. (Maxwells)

Justme

They say they are scheduling dates for the west and Canada. Last time I looked, CT was on the East Coast. :think:

March 8-9th Scottsdale, Arizona Weekend Conference

March 23-25th Simi Valley, California Weekend plus an Evening Conference

May 17-18th Ft. Wayne, Indiana Homeschool Expo

June 8th Southington, Connecticut TEACH Conference

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm, there isn't a date for Canada, either...so either Southington is in Canada and not Conn. or they meant to say "the west and Conn." or someone thinks that Connecticut is in Canada!

Unless I can take a straight line across the Sound, Southington is a bit of a schlep. If they get a little closer to metro NY, I won't be able to resist. Let's see how things pan out. Too bad I only know of one fundie-ish mega church on LI that might consider hosting them (yeah right :roll: ), but even that is probably too liberal for Steve.

OMG I live in Fort Wayne.

I know I'm new to all this, but do y'all think I am brave enough to encounter the Maxwells? Dare I?

(Alternatively, who's willing to come with me?)

TEACH (The Education Association of Christian Homeschoolers) Connecticut chapter held a conference in Southington, CT last year (2012) in June. So I'm thinking it's probably Connecticut...

Simi Valley is about 60 miles from me. I know I couldn't take my daughter, she'd stand on the chair and yell at Steve and Teri. Might have to think about it though. I could take my mom with me and have her leave her hearing aids at home, I could be her 60 year old SAHD .... wouldn't that be a trip?

I'm afraid Simi Valley is too far for me to go for the Maxwells. Now if Jim Garlow will have them at his church, I'll be all over it.

Oooh, CT is just close enough to me that I might be able to crash if I'm not already away for my summer program!

Simi Valley in late March—I have a sneaking suspicion I'm forgetting some kind of prior commitment that weekend, but never say never. I don't have the stones to stage a confrontation like a certain trio of intrepid women, though. Do people usually take notes at these things? I'd rather just sit there with a clipboard the entire time and make it look like I'm auditing the hell out of them or something.

Simi Valley? I might have to.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Maxwells, I will fear no evil: For thou art with me; my reason and my common sense, they comfort me.

I'm close to Simi Valley... I'm really curious if any of my acquaintances are planning to attend this. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they were speaking at the church where my friend's dad pastors. I know a lot of the folks there are ATIers.

Um, since when is IN in the west. I was born in Indy and was always taught it was EAST of the Mississippi. Mid-west, I'll give you but west? SOTDT fail

I think it would be a stitch in the Maxwells met the "Brown" family. Yodi married Martha. Yodi's brother died, leaving the widow Tina. Yodi followed the bibles instructions and married Tina. He picked up a couple of other wives along the way. They'd be able to spout bible verses along the way with the best of 'em. Who knows! Maybe they're looking for another sister wife/bride. *lol*

Is this a new show? Or just a rehash of their usual schtick? I figured the Maxwells are just plying the same old products. They really need to get new stuff because their products are getting squeezed out by better competitors and they seem to have acquired a reputation for being too cult-like. I would focus more on their ITonRamp stuff, maybe their cooking stuff and/or go into house flipping with their construction business. Aside from their scheduling thing, their parenting advice seems too extreme, even for fundies, and they haven't had a new thought since 1997. How long can they make money from teaching people how to schedule anyway?

Oooh, CT is just close enough to me that I might be able to crash if I'm not already away for my summer program!

I'm thinking the same thing. It's no more than an hour drive from where I live. I'd like to infiltrate...

Although after the last infiltration, knowing Steve likely reads here, he may be prepared.

I'm thinking the same thing. It's no more than an hour drive from where I live. I'd like to infiltrate...

Although after the last infiltration, knowing Steve likely reads here, he may be prepared.

I hope you do, I'd love to meet a fellow FJer after all these years! :D

I'm regretting throwing away all those long skirts from my Jewish fundie days. :lol:

They say they are scheduling dates for the west and Canada. Last time I looked, CT was on the East Coast. :think:

March 8-9th Scottsdale, Arizona Weekend Conference

Do we know where yet?

TEACH (The Education Association of Christian Homeschoolers) Connecticut chapter held a conference in Southington, CT last year (2012) in June. So I'm thinking it's probably Connecticut...

Southington is the next town over from mine! I am cautiously tempted to pop in...

Southington is RIGHT next to where my partner lives... but neither of us could pass as straight enough to even think of going. I'm a trans guy and she's pretty damn dykey.

Southington is RIGHT next to where my partner lives... but neither of us could pass as straight enough to even think of going. I'm a trans guy and she's pretty damn dykey.

Heh, I get mistaken for a lesbian all the time (despite my makeup and gel manicures). Maybe we could go and "git SAVED!!!"

'

Go anyway just to see their reaction. :lol: It would do those "kids" some good to get exposed to people outside their little bubble.

Archived