IGNORED

Bateses trying to suck up all the "J" names?

FrancineFishpaw

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is with the picture of just the back of Michaella, it seems weird. Tori is reallly cute.

Also I love the made up baby names, some sites offer, seriously the Jeb meaning feels like a joke.

What do they mean by the baby 'ingesting' the amniotic fluid? Babies do that all the time in the uterus, it's entirely natural.

My son swallowed a ton of it during birth and he was fine after a little while - he threw up for 24 hours afterwards (I was shocked that a newborn could puke like a teenage boy at a frat party). Certainly no need for a NICU stay.

Perhaps they meant aspirated, that can be dangerous. It can lead to pneumonia.

That's what I thought, I wonder if he aspirated meconium.

Making up deep meanings for baby names is totally an ATI thing. It would be like "This is Charles Jehovah. It means man free from the bonds of sin through Christ." I think Gothard is big on name meanings, at least I have some vague memory of him discussing it in a conference.

Her smile/lower lip always bugs me! What is the deal there I wonder. It's not as severe when she keeps her mouth closed during a smile.

Also, I believe her left eye is trying to escape from her face, a la Shannen Doherty/Family Guy. ;)

I figured she had some sort of palsy, either from the anti psychotics she needs to keep sweet, or the demineralization of her bones and tissues.

I wonder how big a hospital bill they'll rack up this time from Jeb's unexpected NICU stay? They're really going to be pushing for their own TLC show to pay this bill off. These people need health insurance!

I wonder how big a hospital bill they'll rack up this time from Jeb's unexpected NICU stay? They're really going to be pushing for their own TLC show to pay this bill off. These people need health insurance!

Apparently the TLC film crew were there with Kelly and Gil at the hospital. It's the perfect way to avoid a hospital bill--get TLC to pay for it.

Actually the Duggars could have copied the Bates based on the kids ages. Josie and Jackson Bates (and miscarried Jubilee Bates) are older than their Duggar namesakes.

Making up deep meanings for baby names is totally an ATI thing. It would be like "This is Charles Jehovah. It means man free from the bonds of sin through Christ." I think Gothard is big on name meanings, at least I have some vague memory of him discussing it in a conference.

Seems like Juterus and BooB didn't get that memo. Josie Brooklyn? Jinger??? What's that supposed to mean..

On the TLC purity ball special, they showed Randy Wilson blessing his whole family, and telling them the "meaning" of their names. He has a daughter named Jordyn, and I know that Jordan is from the Hebrew for "descend." Well, "descend" wasn't mentioned at all during his cockamamie explanation. I suppose when you give your daughter a name like Khrystianne, you can make up any damn meaning you want.

Her smile/lower lip always bugs me! What is the deal there I wonder. It's not as severe when she keeps her mouth closed during a smile.

Thank you! It bugs me too.

I feel guilty if it's a result of some sort of physical thing, but I always thought it was just her mouth. I dunno. It's quite pronounced in the photos with the baby. He's a cutie, I hope all is well with him now.

The baby looks better now. Somehow "Jeb" reminds me of the Beverly Hillbillies :lol: Oh well, I'm sure Kelly will be pregnant with #20 before the year 2012 is over. I wouldn't be surprised at this point if she had 21 or 22 children before she's done, she seems to be even more fertile than Michelle, if such a thing is possible.

What do they mean by the baby 'ingesting' the amniotic fluid? Babies do that all the time in the uterus, it's entirely natural.

During childbirth, there's usually a pause after the head delivers (while the body is still in the birth canal). That pause allows the birth canal to squeeze the chest and expel most of the fluid from the lungs. I guess Baby Jeb fell out...er I mean delivered...so quickly that he still had enough fluid in his lungs to warrant some extra care.

And yeah, Kelly has a huge lower lip! Oy.

I believe those little picture frames all grouped together in the Duggar home are each child's name and it's meaning. ATI really does some interesting stuff with names!!

Brooklyn--my thought was maybe she was conceived there, but most likely the older girls choose it. Same thought on "Shalom" in Jubilee's name......

Apparently the TLC film crew were there with Kelly and Gil at the hospital. It's the perfect way to avoid a hospital bill--get TLC to pay for it.

Yup Gil probably negotiated the deal.

Too bad he wasn't a girl so they could name her Julie/Julia, thus bitch slapping the Duggars all over again. There's always next time...

Also, Lawson is hot. He's a fundie, and at least 10 years younger than I am, but we could definitely have some fun. Is he legal yet?

The baby looks better now. Somehow "Jeb" reminds me of the Beverly Hillbillies :lol: Oh well, I'm sure Kelly will be pregnant with #20 before the year 2012 is over. I wouldn't be surprised at this point if she had 21 or 22 children before she's done, she seems to be even more fertile than Michelle, if such a thing is possible.

She does seem more fertile than Michelle! I mean, last year she had a miscarriage in March, then by May she was pregnant again! At 45!!!! Crazy. It took Michelle, what, 1.5 years after Josie to get pregnant again?

Kelly Bates still looks pretty healthy, like pregnancy and motherhood are agreeing with her. No so for J'chelle.

My son swallowed a ton of it during birth and he was fine after a little while - he threw up for 24 hours afterwards (I was shocked that a newborn could puke like a teenage boy at a frat party). Certainly no need for a NICU stay.

Perhaps they meant aspirated, that can be dangerous. It can lead to pneumonia.

I knew a baby who did this. He breathed fluid on the way out, and earned himself a week in the hospital with antibiotics, etc.

Archived