IGNORED

Jinger's $100,000 Diary

dawniecakes

I was finishing up the Duggar's rambly, disorganized shamble of a tome, "Love that Multiplies."

There was this story Michelle told about crazy fans that I've never seen mentioned before. Where they invited a girl to hang out with the family for the day, and she ended up stealing Jinger's diary. They were then alerted by someone that her diary was up on eBay for $100,000. They confronted the girl and she returned it saying she hadn't read it.

Oooo how I would love to get ahold of any Duggar Diary :) Any speculation on what she would write about?

I expect it would be sort of standard day-to-day events, as I could totally see Michelle and Boob rifling (riffling :D) through their kids' stuff, even the adult ones at home, at their own "parental discretion."

I also LOLd at a tid-bit in the book that says they love to play a game called Corn Hole while eating Corn Dip. (I have a juvenile sense of humor, I admit). I could also see Jim Bob recampaigning as a "Tea Bagger" because they are so out of the loop with dirty slang.

Other things I found interesting in the book:

Michelle very adamately states once again they are not QuiverFull *yawn*

That only wear long skirts and pants/long shorts because it says in Deuteronomy that showing thighs=NEKKKIDDD. That gave me a chuckle. I don't remember the bible saying anything about upper arms being defrauding, though... hmmm.

LOVEEE that B&B episode :D

I totally forgot the other thing that majorly squicked me out. In the book, they say that they give the kids the following analogy to keep them "pure":

If several people passed a cup around a spit in it, would you drink it? Because that's the same as having sex with mutliple partners......... I guess women are just cups to spit into? hmmm... :?

I am surprised that they even let the kids have a diary. I'm sure that JB and Michelle read them regularly back when they actually cared. Now they probably read them periodically but are too lazy to even care.

And the Duggars absolutely DO NOT understand the concept of metaphor or euphemism in any way. They are just so shallow that they can't think at all. In the Old Testament, men would make deals or oaths to each other, and this is described as one man putting his hand on the other's thigh. In reality, that's just a euphemism for the man cupping the other man's testicles. I am guessing this is where they get the nakedness thing because I don't remember anything else about thighs. So they really don't get it that thigh often meant balls.

If several people passed a cup around a spit in it, would you drink it? Because that's the same as having sex with mutliple partners......... I guess women are just cups to spit into? hmmm... :?

I would ask them this: if your mom kissed 18 other kids, would you want to kiss her right after? You'd get just as much saliva that way, but of course most people would still do it.

Found it: Exodus 28:42

"And thou shalt make them linen breeches to cover their nakedness; from the loins even unto the thighs they shall reach."

They also say the use another version regarding waiting until sex after childbirth: 40 days after the birth of a boy and 90 days after the birth of a girl. Herp derp.

I am surprised that they even let the kids have a diary. I'm sure that JB and Michelle read them regularly back when they actually cared. Now they probably read them periodically but are too lazy to even care.

And the Duggars absolutely DO NOT understand the concept of metaphor or euphemism in any way. They are just so shallow that they can't think at all. In the Old Testament, men would make deals or oaths to each other, and this is described as one man putting his hand on the other's thigh. In reality, that's just a euphemism for the man cupping the other man's testicles. I am guessing this is where they get the nakedness thing because I don't remember anything else about thighs. So they really don't get it that thigh often meant balls.

I would ask them this: if your mom kissed 18 other kids, would you want to kiss her right after? You'd get just as much saliva that way, but of course most people would still do it.

:lol:

I read the book last weekend and I guess to protect myself I forgot all about it. When I bought it I was showing my husband when youngest walked up to us. He wanted to know if it was autographed and when he found it wasn't he spit out this gem," worthless!".

Are blisterine and gatorxx still around? I must know who they were talking about.

Signed,

The cat that curiosity killed. (why don't we have a cat smiley? Seriously, everything but.)

Are blisterine and gatorxx still around? I must know who they were talking about.

Signed,

The cat that curiosity killed. (why don't we have a cat smiley? Seriously, everything but.)

:animals-cat: we do

The creepy diary thief used to post here (as well as TWoP and the Discovery forum)...until the awesome Miss Brooklyn called her out on her thievery.

Here's the thread about her stay with the Duggars: http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/561/Ta ... fan?page=1

That's terrible. I feel like the Duggars were being generous by allowing this stranger into their home, and she betrayed their trust in a HUGE way. An incident like that would make the outside world seem like an awful place, which is really sad, and probably just confirmed to the kids everything their parents have been saying about "the world." ::sigh::

That's terrible. I feel like the Duggars were being generous by allowing this stranger into their home, and she betrayed their trust in a HUGE way. An incident like that would make the outside world seem like an awful place, which is really sad, and probably just confirmed to the kids everything their parents have been saying about "the world." ::sigh::

Still you don't let some random person in your house to look at your stuff. At least I wouldn't.

The sad thing is that wasn't the only thing listed in the book. Reporters just coming on in (or the kids let them in- I forgot) and it took YEARS to realize they needed a fence

Edited because- I can't spell this morning

Still you don't let some random person in your house to look at your stuff. At least I wouldn't.

I feel like it's another story when it's a young girl around the same age as their kids. She said that she'd been writing letters to them back-and-forth for awhile. If she claimed to be there for friendship, why shouldn't they believe her? I hate when I see people trying to extend a kindness to someone else, and then that person takes advantage of them. I don't care who they are. Besides, you just don't steal stuff when you're a guest at other people's houses. Maybe that's an unpopular opinion, but I hope it isn't.

They're not Quiverfull? Ok....call it something else, but it's still Quiverfull...... My copy hasn't come yet--I had to wait till I could buy used and save the difference.

:animals-cat: we do

Oh! I couldn't find it. Will look again. :animals-cat: Aha! Why couldn't I find that yesterday?

Now about my real question...

I'm blushing! But the person who stole the diary is still around, I believe, albeit under a new screen name. I have no proof, just the hair on the back of my neck standing up. I wonder how she feels (I'm looking at YOU, dear) being outed in their book?

Miss Brooklyn, I've also felt that Amanda R***, the sweet Catholic girl from Wisconsin, is still lurking somewhere in the shadows...and perhaps posting under a different name. Missmandy1981 has had a lot of different names over time. :whistle:

Lainey, the very funny blisterine still posts here. Gatorxx abruptly stopped posting here back in 2009. I don't know what happened to her.

LOVEEE that B&B episode :D

I totally forgot the other thing that majorly squicked me out. In the book, they say that they give the kids the following analogy to keep them "pure":

Other than the fact that that analogy is incredibly offensive, it also makes no sense. The action that you are doing shouldn't be any different action other people are doing. If they're spitting, you should be spitting, too. If they're drinking, then you should be drinking.

I feel like it's another story when it's a young girl around the same age as their kids. She said that she'd been writing letters to them back-and-forth for awhile. If she claimed to be there for friendship, why shouldn't they believe her? I hate when I see people trying to extend a kindness to someone else, and then that person takes advantage of them. I don't care who they are. Besides, you just don't steal stuff when you're a guest at other people's houses. Maybe that's an unpopular opinion, but I hope it isn't.

Oh I didn't know that. I thought she was just some person that knocked on the door and they let her in. It's sad for the girls because they can't have any real friends.

If people are willing to believe that the bad behaviors of one person are indicative of the whole world, then they're really, really dumb.

Miss Brooklyn, I've also felt that Amanda R***, the sweet Catholic girl from Wisconsin, is still lurking somewhere in the shadows...and perhaps posting under a different name. Missmandy1981 has had a lot of different names over time. :whistle:

I remember reading about that girl at the old forum. That's really creepy to steal someone's diary. I would feel incredibly violated if someone I invited into my home stole something so personal to me. Anyway, I think that this Mandy chick is seriously emotionally/mentally disturbed. Judging from her posts, there's something seriously not right with her.

She did seem to be a few crayolas short of a box of 64. IIRC, she created an imaginary friend named Hannah who supposedly accompanied her to the Tinkertoy House, and it was supposedly Hannah who swiped the diary, not our own Duggarfan. Shame on Hannah! At one point i think she used the name AntiDuggar or NotaDuggar fan or some such. Wonder who she's stalking now?

I remember her! I also think it's uber-creepy that she was collecting their signatures.... just the whole process she talked about sounded not right. Getting them to sign for packages she sent and keeping the sigs is different than requesting an autograph

It is disgusting that someone would do that. Whatever else you might say about the Duggars, they were open to letting someone spend the day with them and come into their home. And this is how they were repaid. I can understand how they might want to limit socialization to people they already know well after such a terrible experience.

Someone actually stole Jinger's diary?

That's disgusting. They ought to have been ashamed of themselves.

Archived