IGNORED

Miss Raquel reviews War Horse!

formergothardite

Okay, I swear somebody bet she would be reviewing this movie. Like all of Miss Raquel's reviews, she uses a lot of words but you never actually learn a lot about the movie.

Highlights of this review are:

I know this movie is about the horse (which is TOTALLY legit by me!! I mean, horses...one of the reasons for living!)...

but seriously...every movie could have just a smidgen of romance in it.

Well, maybe there is...

if you've seen it, comment and tell me if you think that the last part (between Albert and the Grandfather) might have had a little hint of 'caring' in it ;) You should know what scene I'm talking about...(Yes, what is a movie without gushing romance?)

He's not bad-looking, either. ::coughs:: (Miss Raquel just got defrauded)

Mrs. Narracott is such a strong character. She's a very courageous woman. I love how she is a mother, encourager, hard-working, tough person...but doesn't come across as 'manly' in any way.(Wouldn't want a woman acting manly now would we? :roll: )

In War Horse...this guy is legit (Second time she uses this word. Not getting it)

He made me laugh hysterically in one scene :D If you've seen it, I'm sure you know which scene I speak of ;) (For those of us who haven't seen it, perhaps should should have bothered to explain more, but I guess that would be too hard)

I love Emilie!! She reminded me so much of myself!! haha It was kinda funny. (What, she's self-absorbed, neglects her horse and poses with duck lips?)

It made me ::shriek:: (in delight, of course)(God I hope you didn't literally shriek, but somehow I can see you doing it.)

I just thought it was so...so...legit. (yup, there's my word again :P)(I don't understand her word. Is she shortening legitimate? I don't get it at all.)

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps 'legit' is the latest cool slang that all the kids are using. 'Phat', 'with it' and 'groovy' are out, 'legit' is in!

As in "Safe bruv, thass wicked legit innit?"

When she said Mrs. Narracott doesn't come across as manly, what did she meant by that? Did she mean that she wouldn't like Strong women to be active like men or do any Feminist work?

Oh wait I forgot, feminists are ebil

Perhaps 'legit' is the latest cool slang that all the kids are using. 'Phat', 'with it' and 'groovy' are out, 'legit' is in!

As in "Safe bruv, thass wicked legit innit?"

Haha, as a foreigner it's especially hard to know. On the other hand, I have used the word "groovy" the last 5 years... It's probably about time I find a new word. I think I will go with "legit" or "ah-mazing". No, not really. :?

Yes, legit is short for legitimate but has evolved into meaning more... cool, I guess? But really, that word has come and gone. Miss Racquel is behind the times.

Um, I saw War Horse, and I can't think of one hilarious scene.

Also, ok, funny story - my cousin invited me to go see it with her. I don't read movie reviews or stay on top of the current releases. So, naive me...I thought "War Horse" was about Man O' War, the horse that won a bunch of races (maybe a triple crown? something like that). So I spent the first 30-45 minutes waiting for the horse racing to start...when the war started, I assumed that maybe the soldiers would have unofficial horse races? Anyway, when the shooting started, I figured that it was not, actually, about horse racing. Whoops! :oops:

Also, ok, the battle scenes were beyond horrific. I sat there with my eyes closed, and at one point, I whispered to my husband that I didn't give a flying f*ck about the horse any more; I just wanted the shooting to stop.

Oh, and that Emile girl? Riding into a group of soldiers with nothing on but a nightgown? She's lucky that she wasn't gang-raped!! (obv if she had it would not be her fault - my point is, she was in a seriously dangerous situation as a vulnerable young girl among soldiers who had already shown themselves to be entitled assholes). Again, in watching it, I didn't give a rat's ass about the horse; my concern was for the girl.

Anyway, I could go on...I really hated the movie, in case you couldn't tell. The lighting was weird too - it was really orangey looking, for some reason.

See, I can write movie reviews too!!! :dance:

I learned more about the movie from your review than from Miss Raquel's. LOL.

I hated the movie too. Too long and too sentimental. Hard to believe Spielberg directed it.

Guest Anonymous

Aaah, this is where my two favourite worlds collide... and crash and burn. :lol:

I am looking forward to the movie, but the National Theatre production with life-sized puppets was something very special. :D

Miss Raquel's deep thoughts on the film are obviously a more compelling reason to see it on screen.

Her use of "legit" just makes me think of MC Hammer:

Cdk1gwWH-Cg

OH MY FUCKING GAWD!!! I JUST SAID "TOO LEGIT TO QUIT" TO MY SON!!!!! Like, for real. Not even 10 minutes ago!

I'd heard you guys talk about Miss Raquel before but . . . just . . . her blog . . . pardon me (vomits). Okay, seriously - she calls herself "Miss" like she's what, Miss Scarlett on a plantation or something? She really adores herself. All those pictures! Holy crap, she doesn't blog, she just smears pictures and flowers all over the place. If I were her English teacher, I'd cry.

After finally scrolling past that insipid review, I saw where she says that SAHMs should all be so greatful for getting to wipe skinned knees and working in the kitchen, etc., because they are serving the Lord. Yet - I don't see any husband or babies mentioned. Huh.

What a twit. Of course you knew that. Just my two cents.

if you've seen it, comment and tell me if you think that the last part (between Albert and the Grandfather) might have had a little hint of 'caring' in it

Is she implying what I think she is? Of have I simply been brainwashed by the homosexual agenda?

Is she implying what I think she is? Of have I simply been brainwashed by the homosexual agenda?

Because I probably won't watch the movie, I am curious what happened in the scene. What is she talking about Canadian Hippe?

If she is, it's the biggest stretch I have EVER seen.

The Anonymous Antagonist reviewed Sherlock Holmes as well. His review was better than Miss Racquel's and includes the following line:

The girl seemed like a nice addition, but I was left wondering why she was even there. BUT, do not fear. I had trouble following the plot anyway. So the next time I see it, I'll let you know if she WAS a problem.

Which I take to mean: girls, they're nice but really, what's the point? Sigh. Sorry for the thread hijacking but I wanted to talk about this and not start a whole new thread to avoid the crushing of spirits/hearts/souls.

The Anonymous Antagonist reviewed Sherlock Holmes as well. His review was better than Miss Racquel's and includes the following line:

Which I take to mean: girls, they're nice but really, what's the point? Sigh. Sorry for the thread hijacking but I wanted to talk about this and not start a whole new thread to avoid the crushing of spirits/hearts/souls.

Why do AA and miss raquel have such a hard time with the plot to sherlock holmes? It wasn't actually that complicated. I do kind of agree with him on the pointlessness of the gypsy girl though. Adding her to the movie seemed...contrived, I guess, considering she was a fairly major character. And if their goal was to make her some sort of love interest for holmes, they failed. A lot. We all know he only wants watson.

I didn't think it was all that hard to follow either, so I'm not sure why they struggle with it. I'm trying to think what exactly was complicated about it.

You know what neither of them talked about in their reviews??? Please only read the spoiler if you've seen the movie or don't care about its plot.

Where the hell was Amy Adams? I love her and she was only in it for five minutes and THEN THEY KILLED HER!!! I am so upset by that and she better come back to life if they have a third movie a la Holmes himself. / rant

She still does not understand the concept of a review. I haven't seen the movie, but I certainly didn't learn a think except that it's about a horse and it lacks romance. (I wish she would just admit that she, like most her age, is attracted to the oppposite sex. She wants a relationship something terrible, but really-guys know when you are desparate and they'll run. She needs to grow up and calm down and she might get somewhere with someone-maybe).

Not to threadjack, but because Kelly @ GC's daughter's blog was mentioned a few days ago, I remembered she posted a couple movie reviews. Thought it would be a good comparison as both are homeschooled with QF parents. She is also 17, so she's Miss Raquel's age. integritasdomus.blogspot.com

In Courageous the audience gets a glimpse into five men's lives, each one with a background that was profound, or damaging in father-son relationships.

After a tragedy occurs, each one is awakened by God's calling of what real men, and true fatherhood should be made of. Each man enters into a covenant with God and their fellow brothers in Christ to hold one another accountable in their actions as the head of the household

You know what neither of them talked about in their reviews??? Please only read the spoiler if you've seen the movie or don't care about its plot.

Where the hell was Amy Adams? I love her and she was only in it for five minutes and THEN THEY KILLED HER!!! I am so upset by that and she better come back to life if they have a third movie a la Holmes himself. / rant

You mean Rachel McAdams, no? I think she was not as available as they would have liked her to be, hence the smaller role. I don't think everything is what it seemed there.

Hi, Miss Raquel! Have you had your horse's stool checked for worms yet? Are all four hooves well trimmed? Has he had a sheath cleaning? (Not by you if you don't want to deal, but somebody needs to have done it.) How recently were his teeth floated? Is he getting clean, unfrozen water every day and does he eat the right amount of food in the right proportions for his size? Has he been checked for sores, scratches, and lice recently? Who grooms him and how often? Does somebody pick the poop out of his sleeping area every day?

And while she is cleaning his sheath she can sing this: :twisted:

The Sheath Cleaning Song

Author Unknown

Sing it to the tune of "Hello Mother, Hello Father" from camp son

How's it hangin'?

So much cleaner.

Aren't you glad I

Washed your wiener?

I'll admit it's

Kinda creepy

that I had to stick my arm up in your pee-pee.

It was sticky.

It was gunky.

It felt icky..

It smelled funky.

It was cruddy,

It was crusty--

When you stuck it out, it creaked like it was rusty.

After half an

Hour of toilin'

And of squirtin'

Baby oil in,

You're as fresh there

As a daisy.

Either this means I love you or else I'm crazy!!!

Archived