IGNORED

I found some old TW posts--how did she go from then to now?

masagoroll

In these posts, she sounds so excited about being a mom. How did she end up being such an annoyed and lackadaisical mom now?

thatwifeblog.com/2009/01/in-which-that-wife-reveals-her-deepest-desire/

thatwifeblog.com/2009/01/pink-pill-of-death/

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think she has ever not wanted to be a mom, she just doesn't want to do the care. Even now she talks about how much she wants another baby.

ETA- she has been raised in a church that tells her that her biggest goal and desire is to be a mother.

She also started out big into attachment parenting and baby wearing. Then, suddenly, she was propping bottles. There's even a pick of her with the kid in his car seat, her holding the bottle with one hand, and using her phone with the other. I have a feeling some of it was post partum depression, at least in part.

Don’t ask me the question if there is only one reply you want to hear. Rather, whisper to your husband about the time That Husand and I are losing to enjoy ourselves, while you sleep in your lonely apartment and judge me behind my back when you hear I am pregnant 6 months into the marriage

And then whisper to your husband, "that's the woman who makes her baby sleep in the bathroom because she's a selfish mother! Didn't we tell her she should wait to have kids?"

When we were dating he said kids in 3-5 years, and I said 1-2. Then we got married and I said “Now†and he said “Why?†and I said “Because I believe my purpose in life is to be a mother.â€

Just reading her blogs it sounds like she is always intent on proving everyone wrong, always. Her husband wasn't interested in marrying her, so she talked him into it. Everyone told her not to have kids yet, so she wrote a snarky post or two about it and now has one and can't seem to stand him. Kinda a slap in the face for her, but she also seems like the type that would never ever ever admit she was wrong. And now she is stuck knowing her husband was never *that* attracted to her in the first place and she has a baby she'd rather ignore than play with. She's a selfish, childish spouse and mother.

Also, interesting that part of the deal was that she had to finish school if they had a kid. Is she still going to Provo for that?

I think she has undiagnosed and untreated PPD. Also, I think she never really wanted a child and she's feeling the fallout from marrying a man who wasn't attracted to her.

I think she has undiagnosed and untreated PPD. Also, I think she never really wanted a child and she's feeling the fallout from marrying a man who wasn't attracted to her.

Also, if she really did talk her husband into marrying her, there might some underlying sadness over the fact that she is married to someone who didn't want to marry her in the first place.

Also, if she really did talk her husband into marrying her, there might some underlying sadness over the fact that she is married to someone who didn't want to marry her in the first place.

I agree with this. I have never been mentally or emotionally in a worse place than when I was in a bad marriage. I am not excusing her shit parenting, but misery can really turn a person into a self absorbed ass hole. Bad coping mechanisms and whatnot.

What?? How can you talk someone into marrying you? Is there a link?

Essentially, he didn't want to get married and they were friends. He wasn't attracted to her b/c she was overweight at the time. She used a powerpoint presentation to "convince" him that getting married (to her) was a good idea.

thatwifeblog.com/2009/08/the-marriage-powerpoint/

Essentially, he didn't want to get married and they were friends. He wasn't attracted to her b/c she was overweight at the time. She used a powerpoint presentation to "convince" him that getting married (to her) was a good idea.

That is way too fucked up... Thank god most girls just nurse their crushes when they know the guy in question just isn't interested.

So he settled?

He settled because a stay at home wife is part of his pathway to success, and it also fills the demands of his religion. He's physically not present in the household much, and I should think, after reading her stuff, he's pretty unavailable emotionally.

Another cringeworthy aspect of his control is the fact that they eat on the couch nightly so that he can watch TV.

Basically, he married her because she convinced him the Church wanted him to marry and start a family, and she was available. She may as well been a mail-order bride. Actually, a mail-order bride is a wanted bride, TW was just convenient. So sad.

ETA Sad, except for the fact she is a total self-absorbed bitch and terrible mother.

What is TH's profession? I got the impression that he's a professional, and she's in school for something a little less lofty.

What is TH's profession? I got the impression that he's a professional, and she's in school for something a little less lofty.

He's in grad school, something to do with information systems. He was originally sponsored by Baine Inc (ebil) and recently jumped ship.

He's in grad school, something to do with information systems. He was originally sponsored by Baine Inc (ebil) and recently jumped ship.

I guess then he doesn't have to worry so much about TW. I thought for some reason that he was in law/business/pr... where a thickset wife with a predilection for TMI would be a liability.

I couldn't bring myself to read the whole Powerpoint (my gag reflex is strong), but from what I read, it was all about why he (and every good Mormon) should get married *in general*, not about why he should marry *her*. I wonder how she made the leap from the general to the specific. "Now that I've convinced you that you need a wife, I'll save you the trouble of looking for one - I'm available!"

I couldn't bring myself to read the whole Powerpoint (my gag reflex is strong), but from what I read, it was all about why he (and every good Mormon) should get married *in general*, not about why he should marry *her*. I wonder how she made the leap from the general to the specific. "Now that I've convinced you that you need a wife, I'll save you the trouble of looking for one - I'm available!"

There's a bit about how once you're an adult you should take the best woman available to you and marry her because that's your duty. So I presume her argument was "I'm a good woman who's available to you and I'm right here. MARRY ME OR GOD WILL BE ANGRY AT THE DELAY."

Whole thing's weird.

ETA quote, and to mess with people's minds.

Archived