IGNORED

Interviews in 19KAC

Daenerys

I've noticed this series that there are a very select few children who make up almost all of the interview segments for the show. Some children are seen more rarely but many are just never seen at all. I wonder if the show is relying somewhat on the fact that there are so many children that people won't notice, particularly with the boys, that the same ones are being reused over and over.

Regulars: Jessa/Jill&Jinger, Jackson&Johanna, Jed&Jer&Justin*

Occasional: Jana, James*, Josiah, Jason*

Never: John-David, Joseph, Joy-Anna

(Discounted: Jennifer, Jordyn, Josie, J'Fetus)

*I may have got these the wrong way round. I can't tell them apart but it's always the twins and another Howler Monkey.

I wonder if the kids who are excluded are so because they don't like being on camera or because they refuse to look happy whilst being under a three line whip. I think Joseph and JD are just reserved but I wonder if Jana's depressive tendencies come across too much on camera as I notice she seems to have been phased out in the later series. Josiah and Joy-Anna both seem to have issues with their parents' philosophy and hence I'm not surprised they rarely make it on. Though I would love to know what Joy thinks!

What do people think of the interviews, and why they pick/exclude certain kids? I notice Jinger is being 'policed' by Kool Aided Jill/Jessa for one!

I've started to wonder why they aren't interviewing Jennifer with Johannah/Jackson. She is four and should be capable of answering a few questions by now. But a lot of people on here seem to think that she is behind and can't talk properly as she isn't getting enough attention.

Joy and Josiah just seem like you said, so very obviously not in sync with the philosophy. Not that we ever get to hear them, but in their manner, it shows through like a rough spot on a smooth plane. That is hard to be in that position anyway, with your parents and siblings constantly trying to sand you down (back to the wooden smooth plane reference lol) but growing up in the spotlight like that - it gives everyone, especially that JB the incentive to just be brutal in forcing them to either act right or suffer the consequences. And neither of them seem to have that capability that cult-happy people have to be compliant and adjust their brains to fit in. I would LOVE to hear more from them, but maybe it's better that we don't, because probably if we did, they would be suffering JB's wrath afterwards for not showing proper unity and spirit and yay-God-ness. They don't have the chance to find what their own relationship with God would be, if any, but to force a false one for the cameras - I'd rather they just stay off the cameras and stay safe till they are old enough to skidaddle off somewhere where they can be free. Maybe at least to Grandma's

I think they would probably get better interviews out of the more talkative kids (more room for creative editing as well), rather than interviews with like JD and Joe which would be a lot of one word answers. Plus Jackson and Hannie are really cute.

I've noticed this series that there are a very select few children who make up almost all of the interview segments for the show. Some children are seen more rarely but many are just never seen at all. I wonder if the show is relying somewhat on the fact that there are so many children that people won't notice, particularly with the boys, that the same ones are being reused over and over.

*I may have got these the wrong way round. I can't tell them apart but it's always the twins and another Howler Monkey.

I wonder if the kids who are excluded are so because they don't like being on camera or because they refuse to look happy whilst being under a three line whip. I think Joseph and JD are just reserved but I wonder if Jana's depressive tendencies come across too much on camera as I notice she seems to have been phased out in the later series. Josiah and Joy-Anna both seem to have issues with their parents' philosophy and hence I'm not surprised they rarely make it on. Though I would love to know what Joy thinks!

What do people think of the interviews, and why they pick/exclude certain kids? I notice Jinger is being 'policed' by Kool Aided Jill/Jessa for one!

I'm wondering if Jana is courting, she doesn't seem to be around as much lately. JD is shy and seems to want to avoid the cameras a lot. I can see him just dropping out of the show if it's still running when he gets married.

I think that the parents or the crew or the editors simply have favorites. I know from experience that when adults play favorites with siblings, it's really hurtful, both to the ignored ones and the ones in the spotlight.

I think some of the kids (JD and Joseph) may request not to be interviewed. Remember that call athon thing where Joseph said he didn't want to be on the phone because he didn't like talking. I wonder if Jennifer is shy too. Or delayed and they're hiding it because Duggar kids can't be delayed even if they were micro premies they have to be "doing good".

J'Fetus :lol: :lol: :lol:

JD I think is super shy and doesn't care to be on camera. Same for Joseph, I think. Hannie did regular interviews when she was Jennifer's age, so Jennifer should be able to talk by now!

Howlers I can't tell apart, so I don't know (who even came up with this name??)

They should do a "tell all"with Joy and Josiah. That'd be interesting, for once.

How does Josiah disagree with his parents' lifestyle? (I wouldn't be surprised that he does, I just can't think of any specific examples of it right now.)

I am watching the question episode right now. They always ask the same stupid questions. Snore.

This. I can't believe they actually found someone to ask how the Duggars prepare to go on a trip. We have seriously seen that at least a dozen times.

As far as the interviews, I wonder if they backed off interviewing Josiah because so many people used to consider him Smuggar Jr? We know TPTB pay close attention to what different fan sites and snark boards say about the Duggars, so maybe they didn't want to turn people off. Plus Josiah was a prime example of the way JB&M brainwash their kids at a young age, and we know they want people to believe the kids have actual choices. Siah has now become a more thoughtful and individual person, but he's also older and the little kids tend to be cuter/say more entertaining things.

After the running-off-during-Michelle's-announcement episode, I've become more curious about Josiah and how well (or poorly) he fits into his family. Do we have any other evidence that he may not toe the ATI line later in life? (This may already have been posted, but here's a recent interview with Josiah about his CollegePlus experience: http://www.collegeplus.org/acceleration ... ual-credit. Doesn't sound like he's that thrilled about being on the road all the time...)

After the running-off-during-Michelle's-announcement episode, I've become more curious about Josiah and how well (or poorly) he fits into his family. Do we have any other evidence that he may not toe the ATI line later in life? (This may already have been posted, but here's a recent interview with Josiah about his CollegePlus experience: http://www.collegeplus.org/acceleration ... ual-credit. Doesn't sound like he's that thrilled about being on the road all the time...)

I wonder if he even wrote that - it sounds too pat! Does that sound to any of you like what someone would actually say who wasn't writing for the CollegePlus PR department? Poor guy. If he IS planning on getting a bB.S./B.A., and that wasn't written for him to show how awesome CollegePlus is, I hope he gets an actual one, not a pseudo-one, but he'd have to abandon his family to make that happen.

From longskirts:

How does Josiah disagree with his parents' lifestyle? (I wouldn't be surprised that he does, I just can't think of any specific examples of it right now.)

Personally I have never seen Josiah or Joy say anything blatant - it is just that I recognize thier look. I've been there and every single time I see them, what they are feeling slams me in the gut. The really sad thing is that they probably have no idea why they are so confused, because they have no outside input at all. They don't know anything about the existence of real science, or that people think in various ways and that's ok, or of books that aren't messages channeled from God, or being able to go to sleep without a sermon piped in from a cd. So they could be profoundly confused/unhappy because their minds aren't fittng the mold, aren't ABLE to, but they don't realize it's a mold, they just think it's life. I so so so so so so hope that Grandma takes them in later on when they are legal adults and lets them expand their mental and emotional and spiritual territory.

Why do people think that Grandma Dugger will rescue any of the children? I gather that she isn't as fundamental as Dimbulb and the Mullet, but I don't see her as a rescuer.

I have had my bets on JD for "stepping outside the box." He had the best eye-rolling expression on that "Before you meet prince charming" episode where JB asked him to start a training program to create worthy, godly men. I'm also hoping for Jessa to escape. She is way too feisty to be a helpmeet.

Hannie and Jackson WERE cute......now they just seem obnoxious....and very immature for their admittedly young ages.

Josiaha and Joy-Anna---only if Dad is right behind the camera. The attitudes say it all.

John and Joe--could care less about any of it.

James--too hyper (although better this year) and Justin is the forgotten Duggar....

What I wanna know is why people think Suze,Grandma,Amy or goodness sake Michelles lesbian sis Evelyn, pick one, would rescue or care for the kids who want to leave?

I have had my bets on JD for "stepping outside the box." He had the best eye-rolling expression on that "Before you meet prince charming" episode where JB asked him to start a training program to create worthy, godly men. I'm also hoping for Jessa to escape. She is way too feisty to be a helpmeet.

Another hopeful sign from JD is that he doesn't seem to care when his parents announce their latest blessings. He got over that four or five siblings ago.

We still don't know if he is courting Anna Hackel, but I checked out her blog (which has since been taken down). She came off as kind of ditsy, but also as an outdoorsy type of girl who likes to shoot guns. I can see her and JD going fundie lite.

Hannie and Jackson WERE cute......now they just seem obnoxious....and very immature for their admittedly young ages.

Josiaha and Joy-Anna---only if Dad is right behind the camera. The attitudes say it all.

John and Joe--could care less about any of it.

James--too hyper (although better this year) and Justin is the forgotten Duggar....

I think Hannie and Jackson are still cute. Primarily because she's so much brighter and dominant despite being younger and Jackson is basically a good natured sweetie. But their time in the sun is nearing an end.

Josiah and Joy don't do talking heads anymore. If you go back to the early shows, Josiah was the child most often featured, probably because he was intelligent and young enough to provide some sort of bridge between his family and the audience. Are they excluded because they've hit the awkward age or because they can't fake it anymore? I don't know. It's probably a combination of both.

John and Joe - yup, this is all bullshit to them and their bond is interesting considering the age difference. And Josiah clearly isn't a part of that, despite his closeness in age to Joseph.

James is usually replaced by the younger Justin now. Something's up with him, he's hardly ever featured and showed signs of ADD early on.

The twins are usually featured together with Jason (although Jeremiah was not a part of the Q&A show). Jed usually tows the party line while Jeremiah is usually silent, unless he's correcting an inaccuracy stated by one of this fellow THs. Might be a spark there. Too early to tell.

Jana is not featured much at all anymore. Courtship? Depression? Rebellion? Hard to say.

Finally, although Anna said a few words in Part 1, Josh was excluded entirely. I usually like men with beards, but he just looked like a creepy fake tourist you'd steer your kids away from.

What I wanna know is why people think Suze,Grandma,Amy or goodness sake Michelles lesbian sis Evelyn, pick one, would rescue or care for the kids who want to leave?

I just have gotten the idea that Grandma really didn't like the lifestyle that JB and Michelle chose and let them know that early on. Also, most grandmas don't take too kindly to their kid being mean to a grandkid, and her grandkids' lives are so limited (and so what she can say/do with them also is, by extension) that I would think once they are of legal age, and show signs of wanting to be out, she would help them. You know, nothing extreme, just by letting them live with her so they can explore, if they are kicked out for wanting a real college or a boyfriend to know before deciding on marriage BEFORE dating the person. Maybe she isn't a rescuer, but if one of her grandkids comes to her, a grandkid she has watched for years struggling and not able to give them anything more than hugs and consoling because they were underage, she may decide to just do the natural thing and give them a place to be. Anyway, that's what I hope - it may be totally wrong.

Archived