IGNORED

Anderson Cooper Rocks/Pearls=Another Death (MERGED)

FlorenceHamilton

I am going to be driving up there for this court case. I don't know that I can do much, but I want to be there to see these people get what is coming to them on earth. Those poor kids; I wish I had another bedroom...

I'm gonna be following this one. The perps are out on bail until March. At some point some of the evidence will leak. I've attempted some research to see if there is a religious linkage but haven't found any. The children were adopted privately and from the Philippines.

Its also back to this homeschooling thing. No accountability no follow ups.These folks were also reported 9 times.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do. Whoever it was called him Mike, that is not what a casual reader would call him. They would say Michael and Debi or Mike. I was getting a male vibe, but Debi Pearl writes like a man (something about her style is just really masculine) so who knows?

I'm gonna be following this one. The perps are out on bail until March. At some point some of the evidence will leak. I've attempted some research to see if there is a religious linkage but haven't found any. The children were adopted privately and from the Philippines.

Its also back to this homeschooling thing. No accountability no follow ups.These folks were also reported 9 times.

There is more info here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... r_vanc.php

My impression is that they are religious. I don't know, but I am willing to bet they homeschooled (since the kids were kept in their rooms, starved and beaten bloody, I think a teacher would notice that). Usually extreme discipline+huge family+homeschooling=Christian fundamentalist.

I based a Character on Michael Pearl and his wife;

Mr. & Mrs. Opal-a couple with a position as disciplinarians. Mr. Opal is a tower of strictness, authority, insensitivity and no-nonsense. Mrs. Opal is a meek and mild housewife who gets aroused by her husbands' fury, she would always want to commit the marriage act after he has punished an unruly student. They are both sadists. They were once young lovers and sadomasochists, searching for a purpose in life, when they came into religion, they suppressed their Submission/Dominance feelings and tried to find ways to substitute it. That's how they came into Discipline Teachers, they would beat up the kids mercilessly and afterward go into the marriage bed.

Is it me, or does anyone else think that "choleric' is actually either Debi or Michael Pearl, visiting incognito?

If it's not, you know choleric is feeling so flattered right now.

Just because some nut job owned the book while killing their child does not mean the book or its' teachings is to blame.
I'm afraid you could potentially be that nut job.

Ah yes - yet another one who blames the parents because they "weren't doing it right."

If the Pearls are so wonderful & blameless, why do the words "Michael + Pearl + Death" come up about #4 or 5 on a Google search?

Ah yes - yet another one who blames the parents because they "weren't doing it right."

If the Pearls are so wonderful & blameless, why do the words "Michael + Pearl + Death" come up about #4 or 5 on a Google search?

because the godless heathens who don't hit their kids (and therefore hate them) are PERSECUTING them!!1!111! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Your claiim was that the writing was "way different" than the interview. How is anything that you just posted "way different" from the interveiw? They advocate training, not punishment or beating. You seem to have a difficult time discrening between beating, torture, and spanking. A common theme of the posters here it seems.

First of all, you accuse me of having the language skills of a first grader and yet this and your next post are barely legible. Just FYI, there is only one "i" in claim.

Second of all, we have no need to discern between beating, torture and spanking because it all violence. And only sick people perpetrate violence on people who are younger, weaker and more dependent on them. And the pathologically sick write books full of instructions on how to be violent with one's own children.

I'm afraid you could potentially be that nut job.

I think we're past potential, this person is a nut job.

Is it me, or does anyone else think that "choleric' is actually either Debi or Michael Pearl, visiting incognito?

Sadly, they have enough followers that it could be lots of people.

I will never understand how anyone can think this way.

Any parent that beats their child to death is insane. Blaming anyone other than the murderer is likewise insane.

hmm, well, now, Charles Manson is in prison for the Tate-LaBianca murders, yet he was not there that night, and did not commit the murders himself. There is a thing called "Conspiracy of murder", and it landed Manson on death row.

Just sayin'

I am not mike or debi pearl. I have read just about everything he has written and people often refer to him as mike. But thanks.

I wonder if he was using an iphone for the last comment. He was not signed in below when he left the last one.

yes, the last post was on my iphone.

If yellow bile is corrupted by an insipid, watery phlegm, citron yellow bile is the result. It is a thin, bright yellow. Citron yellow bile is a slow, dull irritant to the entire organism.

I am not mike or debi pearl. I have read just about everything he has written and people often refer to him as mike. But thanks.

Could be Gabe or 'Bekka but hell those folks probably don't even have off the grid power this week.

If yellow bile is corrupted by an insipid, watery phlegm, citron yellow bile is the result. It is a thin, bright yellow. Citron yellow bile is a slow, dull irritant to the entire organism.

Somehow all I can picture is a banana slug all squished with its entrails hanging out. I once biked the Pacific coast from Vancouver to San Francisco.I saw more dead squished banana slugs on the side of the road than any person should see in their lifetime.

Could be Gabe or 'Bekka but hell those folks probably don't even have off the grid power this week.

Oh, what's going on in that little hotspot of crazy?

Let's demonstrate the absurd with the absurd shall we?

For all of those who refuse to spank, what do you use/advocate for discipline of a child? Do you send them to their room? What are you, some sort of terrorist? How dare you unlawfully imprison your child? You are going to scar your child with that hostage like situation? You are all sick. Haven't you heard of the parents that locked their children in their basement and the child died? All of that based on the ridiculous idea that sending your child to their room was a good punishment. You people advocate taking your own child hostage and you should be ashamed. Don't you see how it is no different than putting them in prison or taking them hostage? don't you see how some people can take it to the extreme and it lead to death?

that is how you all sound regarding spanking. You all look like ignoramouses that this example illustrates. The standards which you use to judge the pearls and their teaching could be applied just as easily and with the same logic to all sorts of discipline. Of course you will disagree, further demonstrating your intellectual honesty.

No child ever died from being communicated with too much. No child ever died from not being able to watch their favorite television program for a period of time, or even permanently. No teenager ever died from having their cell phone taken away, even permanently.

So many children have died from the violence perpetrated upon them by the people who are supposed to love and protect them.

I notice you resort to ad hominem attacks a lot, choleric. I also notice that you haven't really answered anyone's questions, or addressed anyone's points. Therefore I must conclude that you really have nothing of value to say, and that deep down, you know it. I hope you don't have kids.

Let's demonstrate the absurd with the absurd shall we?

For all of those who refuse to spank, what do you use/advocate for discipline of a child? Do you send them to their room? What are you, some sort of terrorist? How dare you unlawfully imprison your child? You are going to scar your child with that hostage like situation? You are all sick. Haven't you heard of the parents that locked their children in their basement and the child died? All of that based on the ridiculous idea that sending your child to their room was a good punishment. You people advocate taking your own child hostage and you should be ashamed. Don't you see how it is no different than putting them in prison or taking them hostage? don't you see how some people can take it to the extreme and it lead to death?

that is how you all sound regarding spanking. You all look like ignoramouses that this example illustrates. The standards which you use to judge the pearls and their teaching could be applied just as easily and with the same logic to all sorts of discipline. Of course you will disagree, further demonstrating your intellectual honesty.

Red Herring.

[...

Oh, what's going on in that little hotspot of crazy?

'Bekka is still having hallucinations that Gabe thinks are prophetic. 7x7 is dead, but there is humor in a woman posting about how to 'can' water. Folks over on Urban Exodus are all looking for new places to live with favorable gun laws and raising goats. SOS

Archived