IGNORED

Political Memes, Comics, and other Shenanigans, Part 37

GreyhoundFan

Little something for the Senator from Cancún and the CPAC Bund. 

4C690267-5C99-405A-AB4C-895E09F4C86D.thumb.jpeg.e1e5c80f2d2fe4639a81bbe79f983a95.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

567E122C-DA57-456F-BD59-E17767890570.png.05d9628663901bf5fd50d2c518b468e5.png

Copied from the previous thread -- I had to laugh because my first thought on seeing this was that Josh Hawley is wearing the FLDS women's hairstyle... :laughing-rollingred:

• Haha 14

7 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

I had to laugh because my first thought on seeing this was that Josh Hawley is wearing the FLDS women's hairstyle... 

That's where I saw it before! He and Matt Gaetz are emulating the women of the FLDS.

Or maybe trying to make a diorama of the Rock of Gibraltar on their heads.

Spoiler

image.png.f1f388b5ace9cfec6c6d8c07ce7e2efc.png

• Haha 10

image.png.aab1f8856e3be6af5b7fd2fdb6794713.png

"Qanon Shaman Ding Dong"

Jacob Chansley, the Qanon Shaman, was just handed 41 months in prison for his involvement with the white nationalist insurrection that Donald Trump ordered to overturn an election he lost and install him as a fascist dictator.

You remember Jacob Chansley (who also goes by the name Jake Angeli and Jake From State Farm). He was the guy with a two-tailed raccoon ass with horns on his head, had painted his face, ran through the Capitol howling, and despite Trump cultists saying nobody was armed, he was armed with a very large spear.

Jake got into the Senate chamber and left a note on the desk where just minutes before, Vice-President (sic) Mike Pence had just stood overseeing the certification of the election he and his savior, Trump, had just lost. The note was a threat that the Trump Cult was coming for him. Don’t forget, these “unarmed” Trumpsters were going through the Capitol with nooses while chanting “hang Mike Pence.”

I got this cartoon idea when the sentence came down. I soon saw a colleague’s cartoon on it with a remorseful Trump caring about Jacob. I thought, “No. That’s not right. Trump doesn’t care about Jacob or anyone who’s not Trump.”

Trump doesn’t care about the people who broke laws for him. During his 2016 rallies, he promised to pay legal fees for any member of his cult who punched a protester. It may be the first time a future president (sic) encouraged his base to assault people and break the law. Trump is probably also the first president (sic) to ask his base to break the law. He’s definitely the first one to ask them to commit a coup attempt and overturn an election.

Fun fact: Donald Trump never paid for any of his supporters’ legal fees, even after they did as he asked, punch a protester. And, he’s not paying any legal fees for the 695 people who have been charged in connection with the coup attempt, even though he called them out to do it.

He tweeted for them to come to the capital on January 6. He said it was “going to be wild.” He threw a little rally and told them to “walk to the Capitol” and “I’ll be right there with you.” He wasn’t “right there” with them. He went back to the White House to watch the mayhem from his extra-wide Barcalounger.

Jacob Chansley pleaded guilty to felony obstruction of an official proceeding in connection with the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. When his lawyer was asked what “appropriate accountability” for Trump would look like, he said, “I’d tell him, ‘You know what? You’ve got a few fucking things to do. Including clearing this fucking mess up and taking care of a lot of the jackasses that you fucked up because of January 6.'”

He sounds angry.

No, Donald Trump will not clear the “fucking mess” up. Nor will he “take care of the jackasses” he “fucked up.” Donald Trump only cares about one person. Guess who that is. Time’s up. It’s Donald Trump.

Donald Trump doesn’t return loyalty. You don’t have to take the word of the people closest to Trump who verifiy this. You can just look at his past actions. Look at Michael Cohen. Trump bailed on him after decades of loyalty.

The only reason Trump ever pardoned anyone was to shut them up. I mean, it’s not Russia where you can throw them off a building. But, pardoning also keeps their loyalty. Trump was mad at Steve Bannon, then he pardoned Bannon, and then Bannon helped plan the insurrection. If you want a true example of Trump’s loyalty, just look at Jeff Sessions.

Donald Trump doesn’t care about anyone, just like he doesn’t care about this country. Donald Trump only wanted, and wants now, to be president, not because of what he could for the country, but more for what he could do to the country. And, for what being president could do for himself.

Jacob Chansley will be sitting in jail eating organic jail food the judge approved for a long time. Donald Trump will be playing a lot of golf for a long time.
I don’t think Donald Trump even knows the name “Jacob Chansley.”

Creative note: I’ve drawn quite a few cartoons of Trump playing golf. So what I do now is when I draw another Trump/Golf cartoon, I don’t look at the previous cartoons. I don’t want them all to look the same but they still all look kind of the same.

• Thank You 7

SNL's cold open featured Cecily Strong's great impression of Judge Box O'Wine. The new TFG impersonator is good too.

• Thank You 5

This was another good SNL segment:

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic