IGNORED

How is college going?

Vivi_music

Hello fellow studying FJers!

I hope to revive this club with this first thread. I can start with my own situation. I am currently doing a come-back to college for a micromasters in teaching. I'm doing it part time, while working a fulltime job.  Even if I finished my masters only 2 years ago, I was a bit anxious to go back. What was the most stressful for me was the idea of managing the class loadwork and my job. Time management was a struggle even when I was a full time student, so of course I was expecting it to be awful with my fulltime job. That is why I decided to take only one evening class. Turns out I am managing ok. Not as bad as I thought.

It also is encouraging to realise I really like my class. I find the subject very stimulating (and it helps that my professor is pretty cool). Honestly, it tells me I'm doing the right thing in trying to become a teacher. I worked on my second paper this weekend, due later this week.

I wish this can be a place to discuss the realities of being a student, the struggles and successes of furthering your education. ;) 

Work hard and study on!

Hi!

I returned to school this fall to continue working on my AA after a hiatus and I'm taking a couple of classes this semester to start with. I'm taking an algebra and a composition class, and I'm enjoying my composition class even though it's really hard and emotionally draining sometimes. I feel like I'm being properly challenged and I'm not being crushed under the weight of it.

Best of luck to everyone in school!

On 10/30/2018 at 10:52 AM, Dreadcrumbs said:

I feel like I'm being properly challenged and I'm not being crushed under the weight of it.

Best of luck to everyone in school! 

Yes! I think that is what I find nice about my going back to college as well. Probably helps that I have the experience of studying already, but I also feel like it's a challenge, but not something I can't overcome.

In two weeks I have my first presentation in class. It's so stupid because I speak in public all the time for work. But I'm a bit stressed for this one. ??

1 hour ago, Vivi_music said:

In two weeks I have my first presentation in class. It's so stupid because I speak in public all the time for work. But I'm a bit stressed for this one. ??

Oh wow, I'd love to be prepping for a presentation in class instead of writing this essay I'm writing right now.

I'm sure you'll do fine, especially since you have experience with public speaking already. Good luck!

Archived