IGNORED

Really Weird Religious YouTube Videos

formergothardite

I posted a weird video in a Duggar thread and someone asked where I found it, well I get bored and search for really strange religious YouTube videos. I thought I would share some. Feel free to share others!

This one is something else. A public access show about the Bible and aliens. It has an alien, a talking cat, ventriloquist dummy, and a guy who can't read the cue cards. 

Spoiler

Celebrating Easter by doing aerobics out in a park!

Spoiler

The breakfast song.

Spoiler

This preacher is has some major issues with his congregation. 

Spoiler

Christian break dancing. 

Spoiler

We can't have a thread like this without Jack Schaap and his rod.

Spoiler

A classic: Christian Side Hug

Spoiler

Worst church singer ever:

Spoiler

Sisters sing a pro-Rick Santorum song. (I kind of love this song. It's so ridiculous, with lyrics like "We've got a man who understands that God gave the Bill of Rights. Oh there is hope for our nation again. Maybe the first time since we had Ronald Reagan.")

Spoiler

God gave us the bill of rights? :laughing-jumpingpurple: Where is that in the Bible?

I've watched a few on how Christians explain dinosaurs. Basically Noah I forgot to put them on the ark. :562479569aefe_32(14):The fact that all those animals and plants couldn't have lived at the same time? Never mentioned. Their  explanations for prehistoric animals usually last under 20 minutes. 

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

God gave us the bill of rights? :laughing-jumpingpurple: Where is that in the Bible?

Sort of related, I heard a thing on the radio about the Bundys and they apparently believe the Constitution is divinely inspired and that it why it must be defended so aggressively. They believe they are doing God's work. That's the first time I have heard of that.

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

We can't have a thread like this without Jack Schaap and his rod.

Uh, going to have to come back to that one and watch with sound. 

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

2 Bullshit 13-14

How do dinosaurs fit into the Bible?

Answer: they don't. A brachiosaur is about 80 feet and weighs about 50 tonnes. Ain't no Bible that large.

First time poster here, so hopefully the link posts correctly.  I recently discovered the Chrisagis Brothers...I still don't know what to think. I recommend reading the video descriptions too, those are as snark worthy as the videos themselves. 

30 minutes ago, lostmermaid said:

First time poster here, so hopefully the link posts correctly.  I recently discovered the Chrisagis Brothers...I still don't know what to think. I recommend reading the video descriptions too, those are as snark worthy as the videos themselves. 

Welcome to FJ!  J'Rod's saloon girl dresses could have starred in this video.  just sayin'

and who's this kid?

(aren't you loving that I had to google "how to take a screenshot"?)

image.thumb.png.74397d8c4487c651243e12b9554426ae.png

20 hours ago, lostmermaid said:

I recently discovered the Chrisagis Brothers...I still don't know what to think.

Welcome and how in the world has FJ never discussed these people?!

The Chrisagis Brothers, Brian & Shawn, are identical twins who were never to be born. The doctors told their mother to abort the twins due to the fact that she was dying herself with a heart condition and needed a heart transplant. She had one son and wanted two more... God gave her the desires of her heart and she refused to abort the twins. They were born three months premature. They ended up in incubators for two entire years. They found that Brian & Shawn were both dying with life threatening allergies. Their tests were flown all over the world with no cures. The brothers were allergic to the sun, grass, clothes and all types of food. They could only eat sardines, peanut butter, rice cakes and soybean milk. They were brought home to die and their parents had to seal in the windows of their home and create a bubble type atmosphere. They lived five more years in the house never seeing sunlight. Over the years Margie's heart got even worse and she was in a wheelchair on oxygen. By the prompting of her chiropractor who was a Born Again Christian she went to a Full Gospel Business Men's Meeting with her husband John. They went believing for a miracle for their twins who were ready to die. That night Margie went down to stand in proxy for her sons and she received her miracle and then they taught her how to break the blood line curses off her two little boys. She went home and prayed with the family over Brian & Shawn and they received their miracle

Was this a situation where their mother was making them sick until she decided to find a Jesus cure for them and use that for attention. They were allergic to clothing and all types of food?

Interesting that they could eat peanut butter, I thought peanuts were one of the most common allergies in kids.

These guys sound nuts and there is no way I’m listening!! I like googling bad album covers, because they are mostly Christian groups from IDK the 70s/80s with terrible hair and clothes :pb_lol:

I could post them here, or start a separate thread...

24 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I could post them here,

You can post them here if you want. 

I don't understand that Barbie, Bad Guys and Guns video at all. Was there a plot going on? Who was the kid who picked up the gun at the end? Why is the music dedicated to the victims of Columbine? 

I could have sworn we discussed "bad Christian album covers" a while back, but my search-fu is failing me. :(

I thought we had a thread on bad album covers too *shrug*

The higher the hair, the closer to God.

Spoiler

1D8BD56F-F811-4A69-8B70-AB45924F7E62.jpeg.f8cfaa4486b2d96c7ae1abd096e4f50c.jpeg

Exploiting the disabled; there’s almost a JillRod-type quality to the title.

Spoiler

774B448E-4C52-40BE-85FB-9404EF3D013D.jpeg.31bf990125e5ab4e4d493e7127ecaf26.jpeg

THE OUTFITS!! MY EYES!!!!

Spoiler

CA1E5012-1286-490A-8A3A-3AD035C24D2F.jpeg.70dbbfc7462661b0c117cafcb91ccc80.jpeg

NIGHTMARES FOR DAYSSSSSSSSS

Spoiler

EBAA1FD8-B8A5-4F44-B8CA-19ED27A8366A.jpeg.464dedaf152bfd9803afd837c413e3bb.jpeg

The innuendo. I can’t.

Spoiler

429ECD6D-A469-417F-A10C-15ADAE48D3C1.jpeg.728cde8a57843931441a5acd7c37e229.jpeg

Isn’t this guy the sexiest being you’ve ever seen??

Spoiler

22A4D39A-0212-4E64-85F4-7032159CF7C4.jpeg.949d675c4df61cf25b4c1cd6f89fc200.jpeg

1 hour ago, Threff said:

Oh feck. Bad rabbit hole. Youtube is not my friend here. Gah? I feel like we’re in a hostage situation here. Not sure who will kill who.

That is the most miserable rendition of Go Tell It On the Mountain ever. :laughing-jumpingpurple: The young woman looks like she was forced there against here will and there is someone off screen she keeps looking at who is making sure she doesn't bolt. 

Here is  a guy who didn't bother to learn the lyrics to the songs he was going to sing. 

59 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

That is the most miserable rendition of Go Tell It On the Mountain ever. :laughing-jumpingpurple: The young woman looks like she was forced there against here will and there is someone off screen she keeps looking at who is making sure she doesn't bolt. 

Here is  a guy who didn't bother to learn the lyrics to the songs he was going to sing. 

What in the world?? Did she realize he didn't know the words and switched to, of all the things in the world, That's Amore? And the subtitles just make the whole thing. 

24 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Early on in my career working with youth, I made the decision that I would never, under any circumstances, try to be “cool.”  Because it is always, always cringeworthy and embarrassing when an older person tries to appeal to younger people that way. This video could be exhibit A for my defense of this point. 

I always thought Baptists were against dancing because of the potential sexuality but now I think it's to prevent embarrassment.

15 hours ago, formergothardite said:

i had to watch it again because this. is . ah-maze-zing! his eyebrows have lives of their own, they are...mesmerizing! thank you, @formergothardite, for gracing my life with this excellent rendition of...um...whatever it is :clap:

1 hour ago, MayMay1123 said:

his eyebrows have lives of their own,

They really do! Right before he gives up on Christ the Lord Has Risen Today, he looks so pained and confused. 

7 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Early on in my career working with youth, I made the decision that I would never, under any circumstances, try to be “cool.”  Because it is always, always cringeworthy and embarrassing when an older person tries to appeal to younger people that way. This video could be exhibit A for my defense of this point. 

Holy feckin shit. Being Catholic in my bit of the UK meant the most crazy we got for music was a Verona Brother with a guitar and peculiar teeth, on secondment raising money for a poor unspecified place, once a year. I probably would have fancied one of those tragically-dancing young men. Says more about me then, than them.

Archived