IGNORED

Gil trying to rope people into IBLP

formergothardite

IBLP has a video up of Gil trying to guilt people into spending their family vacation money on an IBLP event. Instead of taking a vacation with your family, come to one of the IBLP family conferences! He promises that it will change your life and your family will talk about it all year*. So don't take your kids on a regular vacation, take them to an IBLP family conference! The boys have fun and the girls get to sit inside and memorize the Bible! Yeah! Your kids will totally prefer this to an actual vacation. :roll: Gil is totally not saying this because he wants your money to help finance his lifestyle. 

The sad thing is, unlike Gil and Kelly who now seem to live perpetually on vacation, some of these families will save every dime they have to come to this because IBLP heaps loads of guilt on families who don't attend. For some IBLP children this is the only vacation they ever know. 

https://iblp.org/seminars-conferences/family-conferences

*true. the kids are going to be talking about this to their therapists for years. 

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

IBLP has a video up of Gil trying to guilt people into spending their family vacation money on an IBLP event. Instead of taking a vacation with your family, come to one of the IBLP family conferences! He promises that it will change your life and your family will talk about it all year*. So don't take your kids on a regular vacation, take them to an IBLP family conference! The boys have fun and the girls get to sit inside and memorize the Bible! Yeah! Your kids will totally prefer this to an actual vacation. :roll: Gil is totally not saying this because he wants your money to help finance his lifestyle. 

The sad thing is, unlike Gil and Kelly who now seem to live perpetually on vacation, some of these families will save every dime they have to come to this because IBLP heaps loads of guilt on families who don't attend. For some IBLP children this is the only vacation they ever know. 

https://iblp.org/seminars-conferences/family-conferences

*true. the kids are going to be talking about this to their therapists for years. 

the more I hear about this place the more it's crazy how far flung this thing is. three conference spots. plus they are in Texas they were in Chicago and I think they still have some people there (Or Brandon and Micheal would have left)  then their is journey of the heart in Michigan  and i"m sure lots more. 

It is way smaller than it used to be. It used to range from Russia down to parts of South America. 

I wonder how many families are actually still actively involved in IBLP. And I wonder what the shiny new cult that will inevitably emerge to replace it will look like.

Who really wants to go on a vacation filled with seminars? I have gone on a few work “vacations” where I have to go to daily seminars. They aren’t fun. The fun part is staying a hotel and having my job pay for everything. Unless you are at Comic Con, I don’t see how a panel/seminar is fun. At least when I am there for work I can sometimes just sneak out and go to the pool because no one notices. You know at this gothard conferences everyone is keeping track of everyone else. Aren’t these things the same every year anyway? How many new ways can be taught about courtship and protecting one’s heart every year? 

23 hours ago, formergothardite said:

It is way smaller than it used to be. It used to range from Russia down to parts of South America. 

I spy a lot of empty seats in that video.  They used to get a lot more families at Big Sandy alone.  

IBLP is supposed to be trying to sell their fancy Australian pad so they may be losing members there, but they are still going strong in New Zealand, Mongolia, Taiwan, the Philippines, Singapore and Malaysia.  I did not remember that they had also infiltrated Romania.   https://iblp.org/about-iblp/what-we-do/international-ministries

It is rather telling that Gothard never tried to establish bases in Africa.  Lucky Africans.

On 4/13/2018 at 1:56 PM, singsingsing said:

I wonder how many families are actually still actively involved in IBLP. And I wonder what the shiny new cult that will inevitably emerge to replace it will look like.

It is really hard to tell, but the numbers, at least in America, are dropping. I do think that Gil and Kelly will eventually help morph IBLP into a new, shiner looking cult. They've already changed some things. The family conference has been changed, it is now open to non-IBLP families and tries to make it look like IBLP is just participating in the event, not running it. 

21 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

It is rather telling that Gothard never tried to establish bases in Africa.  Lucky Africans.

Gothard never did care for any part of Africa, he seemed to think that the whole place was cursed. IBLP appears to have kept that line of thinking because there hasn't been any attempt to spread the cult there. 

21 hours ago, socalrules said:

Who really wants to go on a vacation filled with seminars? I have gone on a few work “vacations” where I have to go to daily seminars. They aren’t fun. The fun part is staying a hotel and having my job pay for everything. Unless you are at Comic Con, I don’t see how a panel/seminar is fun.

As someone who just returned from a work "vacation" where every day was structured, even up to the last day, I found I couldn't wait until the day was over, I could get back to my room and have some quiet time.  Two of my coworkers refused to do anything after the day was over, including the one evening event after the seminars.  After sitting from 9 to 5 in a seminar, they were done, no more structured time even if it was at a fun venue.

I did like having my company pay for everything, including the nice hotel. 

And having been to many comic cons, they are far more fun.

22 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I spy a lot of empty seats in that video.  They used to get a lot more families at Big Sandy alone.  

IBLP is supposed to be trying to sell their fancy Australian pad so they may be losing members there, but they are still going strong in New Zealand, Mongolia, Taiwan, the Philippines, Singapore and Malaysia.  I did not remember that they had also infiltrated Romania.   https://iblp.org/about-iblp/what-we-do/international-ministries

Africa belongs to the Shraders ....

• 4 weeks later...

I had United Bates of America on and the episode was about the conference in Big Sandy Texas. Mr. Pearl walks in the room and goes "oh hey, it's fundy-con!" :pb_lol:

Archived