IGNORED

What’s your TLC fundie dream TV show?

Milly-Molly-Mandy

Mine

Title: Lots of Littles 

Sypnosis: Follow families with lots of young children seeing how they juggle life with so many young kids!

Families: Courtney From sweet tea and buttermilk who has 8 under 8; Alyssa Bates who has 3 under 3 (soon); I don’t know names of others but there would be heaps more FJ know about!

I would enjoy watching that as I think that would be more interesting than families like the Duggars whose kids have mainly grown up and they get lots of help with the older children helping out.

Photo from Courtney’s public Instagram page but wow. So many little kids. She’s 33 and pregnant with #9! 

6BDAAD98-F7B8-4FC2-9B22-354922E0800A.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Arndts. Sure, it'd be boring and weird and probably flat-out creepy all at the same time, but maybe with an outside crew we'd actually get some hints about WTF is going on in that house.

25 minutes ago, Naga Viper said:

The Arndts. Sure, it'd be boring and weird and probably flat-out creepy all at the same time, but maybe with an outside crew we'd actually get some hints about WTF is going on in that house.

Oh for sure! Fascinating but you’d be bored. But intrigued. 

Anything with JRod. I know, I know, it would give her the attention she craves but it would crack my day up. I’d be serious about it if all proceeds would be a guarantee donation to a non profit or trust funds for her kids and not JRod.

Breaking Maxwell starring Sarah, Anna, and Mary. Watch as they sleep past 5 am, skip a workout, post a blog entry without a Bible verse, read a fiction series just for fun, and drive somewhere other than their brother's house. For a season finale they meet up with friends at a movie. 

Big family makeover or something along those lines.

Exactly what it sounds like, big families get makeovers, but not entirely exclusive to their outdated wardrobe-- but that too. (I'm looking at you JRod!!!)

I want meal makeovers, teach the parents and children how to grow some of their own food, and raise their own chickens, no more TTC!! I want house makeovers so that 10 children aren't sharing 4 beds. I want schedule/"jurisdiction" makeovers so that these 13 year old sister moms aren't strapped with all the responsibility of keeping a massive household functional. 

For the sake of my blood pressure, really. 

I want a Fundie Wife Swap between the Rods and the Maxwells. Just thinking about Steve being defrauded by Jill and her giving makeovers to the Maxwomen cracks me up:pb_lol:

3 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I want a Fundie Wife Swap between the Rods and the Maxwells. Just thinking about Steve being defrauded by Jill and her giving makeovers to the Maxwomen cracks me up:pb_lol:

Wife swap between JRod and Ivanka. Oh I'd sign up for cable just to watch that.

2 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Wife swap between JRod and Ivanka. Oh I'd sign up for cable just to watch that.

You could come to my place, I'll supply the popcorn!

My idea

-Lori Alexander has to spend a week with large fundie families and has to live by their rules and habits. For example, if some fundie families don't buy organic food, Lori has to eat whatever they buy. If they are skirt wearing women in the fundie family, Lori has to wear one all the time. If a fundie family has no TV or internet connections, Lori has to find other entertainment. These are just some examples I thought of. So, anyone feel free to add.

I would like to see Trading Spouses with various people we talk about here and with qualified mental health professional involvement. 

3 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Photo from Courtney’s public Instagram page but wow. So many little kids. She’s 33 and pregnant with #9! 

Could you link to her instagram? I searched the name but couldn't find anything. I'm not good with instagram, though. 

My idea would be a show where all the adults would have to sit and answer questions questions about their life and their beliefs. If they wouldn't answer or gave non-answers they wouldn't get paid for the show. The Bates and Duggars would be forced to discuss their actual beliefs and their involvement with IBLP. Jill Rod would have to just answer questions about her baby cages, where her kids sleep in the RV, calling women sluts, and why she thought it would be okay to have her daughter throw her a party and ask for $500 kitchen appliances. The Arndts could explain the plot to Vine Valley. 

28 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

My idea

-Lori Alexander has to spend a week with large fundie families and has to live by their rules and habits. For example, if some fundie families don't buy organic food, Lori has to eat whatever they buy. If they are skirt wearing women in the fundie family, Lori has to wear one all the time. If a fundie family has no TV or internet connections, Lori has to find other entertainment. These are just some examples I thought of. So, anyone feel free to add.

Lori has to eat Tater Tot casserole and chicken etti everyday. Eat it off Styrofoam plates 

Meredith and Stephen Hammer, with lots of interaction between them and his classmates/colleagues, to see if they're assimilating at all.

A fundie matchmaking show. 

12 single male fundie and 12 single female fundies ready to get married will spend one month in a fundie camp. It's heavily chaperoned of course and all modesty rules are enforced with a very rigid schedule. All the girls are in one big cabin and all the boys are in another cabin. They have challenges each day and are paired off randomly. So each couple has to work together on a scavenger hunt one day (of course all clues are bible related). Then the next day it would be a newly paired up couple forced to do another challenge. By the end of two weeks they've all been paired up with each of the opposite sex. This is when they choose who they would like to get to know better. But it's a secret ballot! So you only get to pair up and go on a chaperoned date if you have each chosen one another! Those not chose to pair up must hang back and have a group Bible study. The secret ballots keep happening and who knows if everyone eventually gets paired up to go on a chaperoned date. By the end of the month, the pairs that are left are asked if they want to court, or go their separate ways. The male proposes courtship in some elaborate way to the end with  promise ring.

People I want on the show: Allison Bontrager, the Duggar twin boys and John David, at least 2 Arndt boys, Sarah, Anna, and Mary Maxwell, Nurie Rod, 2 Burnett sisters, one of the seven sisters, 2 Staddon boys, 2 Waller girls, Lawson Bates and Nathan Bates, 1 Wissman sister, two youngest Keller boys, and maybe a few others. 

A reality show of Vision Forum and DPIAT for the last two or so years leading up to Tooloween. The conferences, the dress up parties, the Titanic, everything. And then three or so episodes of all Dougie’s friends scrambling when VF crashed.  And then a revival following DPIAT and his lady friends all over Europe, contrasted with Beall desperately trying to pretend like everything’s okay at home. Maybe with a few episodes showing how that terrible organization ruined people’s lives for good measure (first one: Kelly Brown.)

6 hours ago, Naga Viper said:

You mean you don’t watch their riveting self produced zillion episode FamTeam “TV show”?

Kelly Bates and Michelle Duggar compete to win one last fertilised embryo and a surrogate to carry it. Challenges can include remembering all their children’s names and ages, adoring stares at headships, identifying fresh vegetables and caring for their (or each other’s) grandchildren alone for 24 hours. Points removed for each daughter photographed in pants.

42 minutes ago, lilith said:

You mean you don’t watch their riveting self produced zillion episode FamTeam “TV show”?

Pssh. If I wanted a whitewashing scam, I'd read Tom Sawyer. Gimme the real dirt on those penguin-loving weirdos!

Get the Maxwell girls on the fundie makeover show, and get them out of those shapeless maxi skirts and ridiculous modesty under-tops and put them in a Duggar/Bates style outfit of pretty tunic, knee-length denim skirt and some nice sandals, or ballet pumps, or something like Toms. Or a knee-length dress. Style their hair as well and put some makeup on them. It’d be such a change!

Plus it would give Steve the vapours :pb_lol:

I want to see a show where one of the adult children breaks away from the cult and takes their first steps toward leading a normal life (or as normal as you can get on a reality show). Bonus point if the kid is gay or lesbian. Extra bonus points if some of the siblings eventually join the rogue child.

Oh, and it doesn't count if the kid leaves to get married to someone less fundie (i.e. Jinger Duggar or Alyssa Bates). Yes, I'm glad they get to wear pants and all that. But I want to see one of these kids make a real break, where they get a real job or go to a real college, or find love with someone from a different background.

I want Gwen Shamblin to be challenged. Wife swap - Gwen shamblin vs ???? Someone who works hard and cooks a lot. Maybe Laura of Heavenly Homemakers, that blog used to be all about food. 

7 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

I want to see a show where one of the adult children breaks away from the cult and takes their first steps toward leading a normal life (or as normal as you can get on a reality show). Bonus point if the kid is gay or lesbian. Extra bonus points if some of the siblings eventually join the rogue child.

Oh, and it doesn't count if the kid leaves to get married to someone less fundie (i.e. Jinger Duggar or Alyssa Bates). Yes, I'm glad they get to wear pants and all that. But I want to see one of these kids make a real break, where they get a real job or go to a real college, or find love with someone from a different background.

This is the only show I can say I would want. I don't like giving fundies a platform.

Archived