IGNORED

What’s your TLC fundie dream TV show?

Milly-Molly-Mandy

Gender swap - like wife swap but male and females swap roles for a month. Men get to cook, clean, care for children, homeschool etc while wearing skirts. Women get to wear pants, leave the house, "preach"/work/grift (I really want to see Esther Schrader on this)  and make all the decisions. As a safety measure no firearms allowed. I think it would be fascinating, and has less than a snowball's chance in hell of being made.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Gender swap - like wife swap but male and females swap roles for a month. Men get to cook, clean, care for children, homeschool etc while wearing skirts. Women get to wear pants, leave the house, "preach"/work/grift (I really want to see Esther Schrader on this)  and make all the decisions. As a safety measure no firearms allowed. I think it would be fascinating, and has less than a snowball's chance in hell of being made.

To be followed by the televised airing of the funerals of all the men who died of shock that they actually had to - gasp - do women's work!  The sequel might well be watching the women who had their eyes open and are actually getting out in the real world.

On 3/8/2018 at 3:58 PM, Inky said:

How about a reality show called "I'm a fundy parent" or "You created them, YOU raise them". All of the older children (and adult children) would be sent away for one week to a luxury camp or spa for fun and relaxation (and maybe some career counselling so they could find out what is really out there in the big wide world) All children under 8 would stay home. 

The mom would be 100% responsible for every facet of the young children's upbringing, including home-schooling, meal prep, laundry etc etc. Since they are virtually ALL stay at home moms, someone has to work. Therefore dad would be out of the house until returning home at supper. (And no doubt expecting it to be hot and on the table as he walks in the door). 

And hey, if he's one of those non-working type husbands, then the show would find them a good hard-working job for the week, which they would be expected to complete.

I think it has promise... (although it would have been a lot more entertaining for couples like the Duggars, if it had been filmed just after Josie turned 2.)

This was my idea, too, but I was going to call it "They're Your Damn Kids!" And have Jo, the Supernanny, star as the person making the parents, you know, parent. She's gone off on parents who shoulder their older kids with the responsibilities of raising the younger ones, and it is amazing. Just imagine J-Rod or Michelle's face over this mother's face:

8 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

This was my idea, too, but I was going to call it "They're Your Damn Kids!" And have Jo, the Supernanny, star as the person making the parents, you know, parent. She's gone off on parents who shoulder their older kids with the responsibilities of raising the younger ones, and it is amazing. Just imagine J-Rod or Michelle's face over this mother's face:

Oh that would be excellent! I used to love watching supernanny - thanks for posting that. I'll bet that show was a real eye-opener for those parents. Too bad JB & Michelle didn't hear that years ago.

Archived