IGNORED

What’s your TLC fundie dream TV show?

Milly-Molly-Mandy

I saw this thread last night while I was watching The Bachelor.  I'd like to see The Bachelor (and Bachelorette) Fundie style.  With say Lawson Bates (or Nathan or JD Duggar) as the Bachelor and all the fundie maidens competing to be the one.  Bonus if Fundie Moms are included in the TH segments.  They could even have chaperones tag along on the dates.  

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see a fundie version of The Dating Game (The Courtship Game?), where a fundie bachelor chooses between three fundie maidens with whom to become "special friends." As with the original Dating Game, the bachelor won't be able to see the maidens until after he makes his choice. Then three months after the wedding, they can go on the Fundie Newlywed Game and complain about the spouse they barely know anything about.

I want Lori to have a talk show, Oprah-style.

She could open  with a  monologue on whatever her thought of the day is, and then it would be carefully considered and discussed by a panel of people. Included on the panel would be two celebs, one of whom is famously conservative and one who's famously liberal. Also two "regular" folks, one of whom would be one of the fundies we talk about on here and one who'd be a Free jingerite!

Your typical panel might therefore be Lori (as chair), Tomi Lahren, George Takei, Jill Duggar and one of us.

"Women should not work outside the home. Discuss." Lori's job is to mediate the discussion, allowing everyone equal time to speak and to eventually summarise the thrust of both sides.

Oh god, can you imagine? No delete button. No parroting the same phrase over and over (unless she's happy to look like a geriatric old crone). No Ken to mansplain what she really meant. 

I wonder would the unmerciful eejit she'd make of herself penetrate even her level of self-absorption???? 

:my_lightbulb:

20 hours ago, Naga Viper said:

The Arndts. Sure, it'd be boring and weird and probably flat-out creepy all at the same time, but maybe with an outside crew we'd actually get some hints about WTF is going on in that house.

What I would like is for the film crew to bring in an interviewer to sit them all down, penguins included, and ask serious questions about their lives.    Ask them about their upbringing.  Their schooling.  How they got to be court reporters and photographers.  What they do around the homestead.  The eternal project known as Vine Valley.  Their goals in life.   And make it just them.  No Rick or Cathy involved.  I bet that if one phrased things the right way, you would get some idea about whatever WTFery is going on. 

The talking heads portion of the show, which is normally quite boring, could prove to be the most interesting part.

I want a fundy version of the one they did with the Amish kids. Take the young adults out, get them to live in a shared house with other, mainstream young adults. Expose them to a much greater range of views than they normally see, and to people who have very different belief systems.

Failing that I want a show that takes them to live with people practising different forms of Christianity around the world (or in North America) and/or different religions. 

Celebrity death match, J-rod and Lori Alexander!

Or

Intervention, where the patriarchs have to face their addiction to power and control, and hear and acknowledge all of the damage their beliefs have wrought on their families.

15 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I'd like to see a fundie version of The Dating Game (The Courtship Game?), where a fundie bachelor chooses between three fundie maidens with whom to become "special friends." As with the original Dating Game, the bachelor won't be able to see the maidens until after he makes his choice. Then three months after the wedding, they can go on the Fundie Newlywed Game and complain about the spouse they barely know anything about.

Oh, and those saucy innuendos on the Newlywed game!  I always watch if I see it. Rare these days.

I just want camera's around the fame seeking families without camermen, food trucks and whatnot.  So, they forget.  All is truly well they say, right?  I have a feeling the parents would come off as the assholes they are and they know it.  

12 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

What I would like is for the film crew to bring in an interviewer to sit them all down, penguins included, and ask serious questions about their lives.    Ask them about their upbringing.  Their schooling.  How they got to be court reporters and photographers.  What they do around the homestead.  The eternal project known as Vine Valley.  Their goals in life.   And make it just them.  No Rick or Cathy involved.  I bet that if one phrased things the right way, you would get some idea about whatever WTFery is going on. 

The talking heads portion of the show, which is normally quite boring, could prove to be the most interesting part.

And, seriously, explain yourself kidults on the subject of dating and marriage.  Help me to understand men living "Safe at Home" forever.  FOREVER.

14 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

I want Lori to have a talk show, Oprah-style.

She could open  with a  monologue on whatever her thought of the day is, and then it would be carefully considered and discussed by a panel of people. Included on the panel would be two celebs, one of whom is famously conservative and one who's famously liberal. Also two "regular" folks, one of whom would be one of the fundies we talk about on here and one who'd be a Free jingerite!

Your typical panel might therefore be Lori (as chair), Tomi Lahren, George Takei, Jill Duggar and one of us.

"Women should not work outside the home. Discuss." Lori's job is to mediate the discussion, allowing everyone equal time to speak and to eventually summarise the thrust of both sides.

Oh god, can you imagine? No delete button. No parroting the same phrase over and over (unless she's happy to look like a geriatric old crone). No Ken to mansplain what she really meant. 

I wonder would the unmerciful eejit she'd make of herself penetrate even her level of self-absorption???? 

:my_lightbulb:

Best. Idea. Ever!  Could Lori really mediate though?  I'm running with this, so real hypothetical question ( is that possible? Lol).  Would she hyper shut down on the commenters or herself? 

36 minutes ago, Themanda Duggar said:

Celebrity death match, J-rod and Lori Alexander!

Or

Intervention, where the patriarchs have to face their addiction to power and control, and hear and acknowledge all of the damage their beliefs have wrought on their families.

I'd love to see celebrity death match with ZSu and J-rod!
And the intervention shows sounds great as well!

I'd love to see a documentary about all the former VF royals and where they are now, several years after the Tools fall. 

Judging from the outside, a lot of them ditched their former beliefs, at least when it comes to certain things like being QF, skirts only and and being more worldly in general (that doesn't mean they also left their dangerous beliefs behind!!). I really loved to hear about what happened from their mouths and to see which of them is open and honest about their years in VF and who remains a hypocrite. I'm especially curious about kids who remember the time their parents followed VF (skirts only, VF approved toys, no Disney movies, etc.) and how they experienced the shift into a more worldly life style. I'd probably be glued to the screen if something like this would ever be published.

Mmm lets see i would like something like what they did with the kids form mainstream word who was gone to live with the amish, like some of the middle children of the major family who go to live for a month with some maistream family with maybe one or two kids max. 

I want Katie Bates, the lost girl form the Duggar, the Rod girls, maybe Anna and Mary Maxwell (not sure if both or just Mary) and a couople of others 

They will have to share the life of the family for a month and after tell of they have found something that they like and want to take in their life 

7 hours ago, Beermeet said:

And, seriously, explain yourself kidults on the subject of dating and marriage.  Help me to understand men living "Safe at Home" forever.  FOREVER.

The question of dating and marriage should be put to the older ones in particular.   The "safe at home" phrase would be bound to come up from any of them and contrasted with the fact that these are guys in their 30s are still "safe at home" should bring up some very obvious questions / contradictions.

Here is what I want to see:

Name of Show: Repent

Premise: Each week would feature a different fundie family.They would talk about what lead them the fundy life, what they believed and then talk about what changed that made them back away from the koolaid. They would then talk about how they have managed to move on. 

The first family I want on this show: The Shupes.

10 hours ago, browngrl said:

Premise: Each week would feature a different fundie family.They would talk about what lead them the fundy life, what they believed and then talk about what changed that made them back away from the koolaid. They would then talk about how they have managed to move on. 

This would be awesome to watch!!

On 1/22/2018 at 8:16 PM, Briefly said:

http://www.instabut.com/profile/littlehouseinthehighdesert/588284002

I think it's ok to post that because it's public.  If not, I'm sorry!!!

Thank you. I don't have an instagram account and I had a problem finding it. I haven't followed her story a lot, but how much money does a pastor of a small church make? She isn't going to thrift stores to buy clothing and they seem to have really nice toys. ABeka isn't a cheap curriculum either. How do they afford her constant pregnancies, taking kids to the doctor/dentist? How does she look so amazing when she has spent the last 9 years pregnant and has a house full of small children, dogs, pigs, and turkeys? 

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2018 at 4:53 PM, browngrl said:

I would watch this. I don’t want to encourage making fundies into celebrities, although I think an Arndt show could have potential if the premise was something along the lines of the oldest four or five kidults leaving home together. Really leaving. Out of state leaving. Not a show with their parents anywhere in sight.

I want the Botkins to do a reality show so badly! I want to know what's going on with those lunatics! However, they're so snotty and stuck-up it will have to remain a pipe dream, alas.

How about a reality show called "I'm a fundy parent" or "You created them, YOU raise them". All of the older children (and adult children) would be sent away for one week to a luxury camp or spa for fun and relaxation (and maybe some career counselling so they could find out what is really out there in the big wide world) All children under 8 would stay home. 

The mom would be 100% responsible for every facet of the young children's upbringing, including home-schooling, meal prep, laundry etc etc. Since they are virtually ALL stay at home moms, someone has to work. Therefore dad would be out of the house until returning home at supper. (And no doubt expecting it to be hot and on the table as he walks in the door). 

And hey, if he's one of those non-working type husbands, then the show would find them a good hard-working job for the week, which they would be expected to complete.

I think it has promise... (although it would have been a lot more entertaining for couples like the Duggars, if it had been filmed just after Josie turned 2.)

Property Duggars: Both sets of Duggar twins do house construction/renovation, with Jana in charge of everything (and occasionally doing her own dirty work). Include training from actual professionals.

On the same note, Fundie Career Coaching. All adult fundie children meet with career counselors, determine their best career, and start training and working -- not the family businesses, but actual work. 

Wife Swap: Nicole Naugler and Lori Alexander.

I want a fundie 'Spy in the wild'.

Build a fundie-child robot and have it go through the house of a big family (they will not know the difference anyway with all those children that they don't really know) and film what is really going on.

The robot has to be carefull though, the sister-moms might be suspicious.

Screenshot-157.png?fit=1200,675&ssl=1&w=

Fundies React:

The same basic premise as Kids/Teens/Elders/Youtubers etc React: a collection of fundies are each shown/given a video or object.  Their reactions are recorded.  Then there's a question time during which they are asked questions and given more details about the object/video and their reactions/responses/opinions/rants are recorded.  Then the most interesting parts are edited into a compilation.

Queer Eye for the Theonomist Patriarch.

(Seriously though, the new Queer Eye on Netflix was so emotionally intelligent and compassionate, I cried at every episode. Patriarchal asses don’t deserve them.)

Reality TV wife swap. Michele Duggar swaps with Amy Roloff. Michele has to run pumpkin season and dress up in cheerleader costumes, poodle skirts, etc. Michele has to go on dates with Chris and have soup night with all the friends and drink wine while playing charades. 

Wife swap Jill Dillard and Audrey roloff. Jill gets to wear bohemian midriffs with pants or flowy skirts while writing a blog nobody reads all while pretending to love her in-laws but deeply resents them. Audrey can wear frumpy clothes, cook, clean, run after kids and invite the younger kids over just to have more to watch, she can forget about fixing her beautiful red hair because beauty product that don’t come from the dollar store are forbidden. 

Truly, the only thing I was is for Lori to have to walk the walk. She has to live on scant income with a bagillion kids to take care of. There's no organic food that she doesn't grow. No expensive supplements or $14 bottles of detergent. It's just her, at least 7 kids, about maybe $30K/year. 

With an unreliable car(or no car at all and having to take public transportation everywhere--horrors!), a low-income cell phone with no Internet capability, and needing to go to the library to use a computer. 

Archived