IGNORED

Fundie adoption bloggers?

alexandracabot

Does anyone have any evangelical adoption blogs they read and follow? I'm fascinated by them, especially ones that deal with rehoming, but many of the bloggers I used to read regularly — Kimi at fencingmama, 5 Kids 6 Months, Raising Sunflowers, the Bergeys, etc — aren't updating much anymore. Would love to collect some suggestions of new places to look. 

5 Kids,  6 months was here briefly.  Honestly, I cannot stomach most of any  mega adoption bloggers--I guess all I can see is "see how wonderfully Christian we are!" and not much of "How these lovely children have blessed our lives immensely."   That, and the covert and/or overt begging bowls really turn me off.  I guess it shouldn't, since Grampwych and I have just the one arrow and fundie we are most definitely not.  I am most vehemently not special enough to solicit funds for any poor deprived lost baby souls that I could bring under my wings and offer up to God.

Sorry if I got too wordy.  Rant over.

Jean at No Place Like Home is a mega adoption blogger. But I don't think Jean and her husband Jim are on the fundie/Evangelical scale. They are Catholic and don't appear to be on the fundie/extreme level of other Catholic bloggers like Abigail.

I suggest Jean from No Place Like Home as well. Not evangelical like @lilwriter85 mentions, but lots of interesting events coming up. Jean is taking two of her pre teens to China to go collect, uhm bring home their two latest kids (two unrelated children; boy / girl - the boy they have  hosted through one of those vacation in the US programs) They also around the same time have a big move coming up. 

13 minutes ago, SummerRocks said:

I suggest Jean from No Place Like Home as well. Not evangelical like @lilwriter85 mentions, but lots of interesting events coming up. Jean is taking two of her pre teens to China to go collect, uhm bring home their two latest kids (two unrelated children; boy / girl - the boy they have  hosted through one of those vacation in the US programs) They also around the same time have a big move coming up. 

I thought China cut Jean off? Obviously I need to go update myself!

3 hours ago, EmainMacha said:

I thought China cut Jean off? Obviously I need to go update myself!

They did @EmainMacha or at least that what Jean made it seem like, when they were denied adopting the children they had already named on their blog.

Immediately after they took in a boy through a "vacation in the US program" (this is the boy they are now adopting). During hosting this boy they took in a girl Joy (who they renamed Jenny) through rehoming - which Jean calls domestic adoption. 

Now ... Jean and two of her pre teens are going to China to pick up two more children. 

You should go read so I have someone to discuss this all with :)

On 11/22/2016 at 10:44 PM, alexandracabot said:

Does anyone have any evangelical adoption blogs they read and follow? I'm fascinated by them, especially ones that deal with rehoming, but many of the bloggers I used to read regularly — Kimi at fencingmama, 5 Kids 6 Months, Raising Sunflowers, the Bergeys, etc — aren't updating much anymore. Would love to collect some suggestions of new places to look. 

Oh my goodness gracious! I just got a Facebook ad about adoption and the company name is...get this Quiverfull!!!  Here's the link to the website:

http://www.quiverfulladoptions.com/aboutus/

Even if this "company" is legitimate their name is suspicious.

9 hours ago, SHERA said:

Oh my goodness gracious! I just got a Facebook ad about adoption and the company name is...get this Quiverfull!!!  Here's the link to the website:

http://www.quiverfulladoptions.com/aboutus/

Even if this "company" is legitimate their name is suspicious.

I also wondered if the company was legit. I googled one of the founders names and she has a job with a marketing company and the adoption agency is listed on her linkedin profile. I'm guessing she's treating the adoption agency as a side job.

Frankly, Quiverfull Adoptions sounds like a scam.  

The evangelical adoption bloggers drive me bananas.  I really can't read them for long.  

I prefer to focus on thoughtful adopter's blogs like Maureen at https://lightofdaystories.com/.  She's not perfect (and wouldn't claim to be) but she is a very good advocate for better adoption practices.

On 11/24/2016 at 4:54 AM, lilwriter85 said:

Jean at No Place Like Home is a mega adoption blogger. But I don't think Jean and her husband Jim are on the fundie/Evangelical scale. They are Catholic and don't appear to be on the fundie/extreme level of other Catholic bloggers like Abigail.

I believe they are Episcopal/Anglican. They are definitely conservative though. Very interesting to read just because they have sooooo many kids. Honestly I don't understand why they don't take a good chunk out of all the money they obviously have lying around and just start some sort of boarding house non-profit or something?

• 3 weeks later...

I just got caught up on the latest postings from Jean's blog. I'm still mixed on her and Jim, but they look quite happy with their latest adoptions of Jake and Grace.

Has anyone ever heard of Ni Hao Y'all? Stephanie isn't super fundie per se, more like fundie lite, but I've watched her blog for a few years with a sort of wariness of how many kids she has managed to collect.

As far as I can tell she gives them adequate care and support. It just makes me wonder -- there's something so weirdly hoardy about adopting a new baby every one or two years.

Then again, better to adopt kids in need than overpopulate the earth.

nihaoyall.com/

I'm Stefanie. And if you were standing here, wanting to chat about adoption or homeschool or special needs or photography or Jesus or whatever was on your heart, I'd squeeze your neck and invite you in for a cup of coffee. (If you had a cupcake, I'd squeeze you even harder.) But since you're not standing here, and I can't reach your neck, or that cupcake, I'll just have to share a bit about me...

She'd squeeze my neck? :pb_eek: I assume she doesn't mean that as murderous as it sounds? :pb_lol: Because it appears she's threatening to strangle her audience over baked goods.

It's immature of me but I'm laughing pretty hard at that.

Archived