IGNORED

Primer for Redness?

Mela99

I need a new primer. Redness is the main issue I deal with. I tried Pixi previously, and it was okay. I love IT Cosmetics, but the one they have is $30.00 so I would like to see if there is a more financially feasible option first. 

Smashbox has my favorite anti-redness primer, it's in the photo finish line. Just not so much with the cheaper. In this car, what you pay for tends to be what you get.
Though one drugstore brand ' Maybelline? - has a line of color correctors that are shaped like lipstick. There's a green one that works really well for red areas. Not designed for the whole face, but I use it on my upper cheekbones, occipital bones, and forehead. Works very well, but too greasy (IMHO) for full face.

• 3 months later...

I use Urban Decay color corrector and Nyx green concealer together.

Okay, I just found the best redness correction product I have ever used. It is not a primer, it's actually a 35 SPF sunscreen colored corrective cream. I got it at Sephora, it's not cheap, but it corrects the redness without leaving any kind of residue and looks totally natural. I don't even have to wear Foundation.
Cicapair Derma Green Solution
Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment
Dr. Jart

• 6 months later...

Like the others, I'd suggest a green primer. Almay and Neutrogena make awesome primers, and so does Physician's Formula. If you're having skin redness, I'd also suggest applying nourishing face masks that can help soothe redness like cucumber sheet masks. 

Archived