IGNORED

Downton Abbey

haveapicniclife

Anyone else watching? I just re-watched the entire first season and had forgotten had damn good it was. I was pleasantly surprised at their (well deserved) Emmy wins. I only know one person IRL that has even heard of it, but maybe it's more popular than I thought?

I found the first episode of Season 2 online (aired in the UK on Sunday the 18th) and it was really good. There's no way I could wait until January for it to air here.

Any fans?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, love it. I couldn't wait for Season 2, either!

I really can't wait for the next one!

Dr Who and Downton Abbey are two shows that I love, and do download, just so I can watch them on 'schedule'!

• 1 month later...

I absolutely loved the first series and can't wait to see the second. I'd like to rewatch the first series again, before the second.

We lovvvve Downton Abbey! My daughter Amelia and I have watched season one three times... we're waiting to watch season two until all the episodes are released. We'll probably binge-watch it while we stuff ourselves with homemade pizza and chocolate ice cream:D

What do you think of Lady Mary? We simply can't abide her.... but we love Lady Sybil and are totally shipping her and the chauffeur (can't remember his name!)

Yes!! Other people who watch! I love Lady Sybil but also love Lady Mary. She's confident and gets what she wants. She is also extremely loyal and would do whatever is necessary to protect her family.

www.fastpasstv.ms

Search Downton Abbey. It has all the episodes. Episode 6 of Series 2 just aired tonight in Britain so it's probably not up yet. Episode 5 was a tear jerker.

• 4 weeks later...

i've just started watching this online. I'm on season 1, episode 6.

can i just say that i have a super crush on Mr. Bates? he is so dreamy, and that VOICE!

apparently, i'm not alone: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle ... r-bates.do

I like Mary...she's prickly and complicated, but very three dimensional. Sybill isn't selling me, so far. She's beautiful, but too good to be true (at least at this point).

Not loving O'Brien and Thomas, either. They're flat, cartoon villains.

Aside from Bates, Maggie Smith is THE BEST part of this show. her dry one-liners crack me up every time, and i love her chemistry with Cora. I love Lord Grantham and Cora together, too.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks so much for the fastpass link! I missed series 1 but got hooked on series 2 and need to catch up now before series 3 starts!

Maggie Smith is my hero :D

Hubby and I got it on DVD and we're saving it for Christmas break. Snuggle up on the couch, bust out the popcorn and start the Downton Abbey marathon. I'm stoked :)

I love that show! My last name is the same as the family in the show so it's kind of fun for my family to watch :) Not to mention it's brilliant anyway.

oh lord. i have just devoured both seasons. WHEN DOES SEASON THREE START IN THE UK? WHEN WILL I BE ABLE TO WATCH IT AT A DOT-EU SITE?

I must know these things, and soon. And PLEASE tell me matthew isnt going to martyr himself to lavinia. ick.

Guest Anonymous

There's going to be a Christmas episode on ITV1 at 9pm GMT on Christmas Day. But dammit, it clashes with Eastenders..... :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Not til September 2012. It has had an Autumn run for the last two years and I think I read that it will be the same next year.

Guest Anonymous

I enjoyed it. It is similar to Downton though with fewer characters.

Downton is what I consider to be 'guilty pleasure' television and USDS is in the same genre. :P

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Just updating to say that the Christmas episode of Downton was very lovely!

Also, the new Upstairs Downstairs is currently being repeated on BBC HD. The first time round, I hadn't started watching Downton - this time around it seems very small in scale and decidedly low-rent by comparison. I am still enjoying it for the nostalgia though.... :P

I just finished the first and second seasons + Christmas special of Downton Abbey and I am in love!

Can't wait for season three but it will be a while.

Loved the show. I am sure there's enough to critique but I am not so inclined. I just thoroughly enjoyed it. Just plain old good TV.

FJ, who is your favorite Downton Abbey character?

I am partial to Anna, the head maid, myself. Strong, loyal, dignified, intelligent, fiercely independent. What's not to admire?

Archived