IGNORED

Concealer for pale skin?

FrumperSeamstress

Any recommendations for concealer for pale skin? Preferably not super expensive, but tbh if it's a holy grail I'll drop some money on it. 

I have some mild breakouts (damn these late teen years) , and my preferred BB doesn't quite cover them. Lots of products I've tried are too yellow and/or too dark, and tend to oxidize on me and look all orange :(

I've taken a liking to the NYX liquid concealer. It comes in a tube with a wand. Iirc, it's under 5 bucks (haven't had to buy any in awhile) and has pretty good coverage. I am ghostly pale, for reference. I buy shade 01.

On 6/27/2016 at 9:04 PM, 16strong said:

I've taken a liking to the NYX liquid concealer. It comes in a tube with a wand. Iirc, it's under 5 bucks (haven't had to buy any in awhile) and has pretty good coverage. I am ghostly pale, for reference. I buy shade 01.

seconding this! they also sell color correctors in the liquid concealer formula. 

the consistency is more creamy than liquidy I found... almost a whipped texture. I like it a lot. 

On 6/27/2016 at 9:04 PM, 16strong said:

I actually bought this on monday before I saw this lol. I'm liking it so far! Thanks for the suggestions yall!

4 hours ago, Alicja said:

seconding this! they also sell color correctors in the liquid concealer formula. 

the consistency is more creamy than liquidy I found... almost a whipped texture. I like it a lot. 

:pb_surprised: You might have just sent me on a trip to Ulta.

The woman who is doing my makeup for a wedding I'm going to on Saturday did a test run a few weeks ago. I have rosacea and a lot of broken capillaries. She used a Kat VonD concealer and ALL of my capillaries and redness were gone.

She said it was designed to cover tattoos. Very effective stuff. It came in a tube and she used a brush to put it on.

• 1 year later...

I'm pale AF, and thus imperfections show up super easily for me. I use Maybelline's Fit Me Matte foundation or Neutrogena's Oil Free Foundation when my acne is bad, and I use the lightest colors in both of these. I also have some Manic Panic dreamtone foundation to mix into the foundation of the day to make a skintone match. The foundations run about $10 at the store and the dreamtone about $15 online, but the dreamtone easily lasts a couple years. 

Archived