IGNORED

Mountain Musings

ikissedCOURTINGgoodbye

Has anyone noticed how the Girotti Family hasn't posted on their blog for a while?  Does anyone know what's up?  I know their son was engaged and their daughter, Sarah, got married, got pregnant, and is on bed rest, but I thought it was sort of weird that they haven't posted in a while. ??

They've been blogging sporadically for a while.

The son, Jonathan, is no longer engaged. We have no idea what happened because they have never acknowledged this on the blog. His former fiancee is now involved in a courtship with someone else--Spencer someone? I imagine that any comments asking about the wedding, etc., never made it through moderation.

You'd think they'd provide occasional updates on how Sarah is doing...

• Upvote 2

Yes, I've kind of been wondering about Sarah, because they had posted that stuff about her health.  I thought they used to post a couple of times a week, but I guess that would make sense if they wanted to keep it quiet about the thing with Jonathan or something.  But that situation has nothing to do with Jonathan, so who knows...

I've met them before--  I thought the two girls seemed sweet and had rather pretty faces.  They said they have another brother, but I can't find his name on their blog, which I think is odd.  Ever since I met them, I've always wondered what he was/looked like, haha :D;)

That is kind of strange that Jonathan's ex-fiancé is in a relationship with someone new...what is the name of her family's blog?

21 hours ago, ikissedCOURTINGgoodbye said:

They said they have another brother, but I can't find his name on their blog, which I think is odd.  Ever since I met them, I've always wondered what he was/looked like, haha :D;)

His name is Micah, and I don't think he's a fundie anymore. He's divorced--again, this NEVER came up on the blog. I got nosy when Micah and his son visited the Girottis sans wife. I realized that the wife hadn't been mentioned in ages. Some Googling led to the divorce record.

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it's interesting, if nothing else, that one brother is divorced and the other brother's lengthy courtship didn't work out.

• Upvote 3

He's also a qualified doctor (CV sugeon?).  If nothing else, SODRT at the Girotti's might not be as bad as some.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On June 17, 2016 at 1:45 AM, darkplumaged said:

His name is Micah, and I don't think he's a fundie anymore. He's divorced--again, this NEVER came up on the blog. I got nosy when Micah and his son visited the Girottis sans wife. I realized that the wife hadn't been mentioned in ages. Some Googling led to the divorce record.

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but it's interesting, if nothing else, that one brother is divorced and the other brother's lengthy courtship didn't work out.

Oh, wow I didn't realize he was divorced...hmm, very interesting that that was never mentioned.  When did he get divorced?  About 2 years ago, they told me that he was a doctor in Michigan (I THINK, don't quote me on that...) and that he was married.  

9 hours ago, ikissedCOURTINGgoodbye said:

Oh, wow I didn't realize he was divorced...hmm, very interesting that that was never mentioned.  When did he get divorced?  About 2 years ago, they told me that he was a doctor in Michigan (I THINK, don't quote me on that...) and that he was married.  

*snort*

Well, he IS a doctor in Michigan. But it looks like the divorce happened about six years ago--so two years ago he "was," as in "had been" married, but he sure as heck wasn't still married, at least not to his first wife. If you'd like to see the record, go to https://tcweb.ewashtenaw.org/PublicAccess/Search.aspx?ID=200 and search by Party. 

I'm not sure why I find this so interesting, except that I think the secrecy is a fine example of fundie hypocrisy. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On July 3, 2016 at 11:00 PM, darkplumaged said:

*snort*

Well, he IS a doctor in Michigan. But it looks like the divorce happened about six years ago--so two years ago he "was," as in "had been" married, but he sure as heck wasn't still married, at least not to his first wife. If you'd like to see the record, go to https://tcweb.ewashtenaw.org/PublicAccess/Search.aspx?ID=200 and search by Party. 

I'm not sure why I find this so interesting, except that I think the secrecy is a fine example of fundie hypocrisy. 

Thank you, I am going to look at that! 

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, Kira said:

The Mounting Musings blog is gone :pb_eek:

I still see it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Thanks to @albireo's recent post in the "Upcoming Babies 12" thread, I went down the Girotti Family rabbit hole for the first time in quite a while. Mother Deb, Father Tom, and unmarried daughter Hannah all have public IG accounts, and Deb posted a pic of oldest son Micah's second wedding. Micah seems to have well and truly escaped the clutches of fundie-dom - he and his new spouse (Kerri Lopez Girotti) are both surgeons, according to their public social media. The family pic of her wedding dress is from Deb's IG; the second is from Kerri's FB page. Note the difference!

Meanwhile, poor Hannah (age 34, reminds me of Poor Sarah Maxwell) and Jonathan (33) are still single.

Their blog is girottifamily.typepad.com.

Spoiler

1329681017_ScreenShot2018-11-26at8_13_29AM.png.7eabe95bb4c9b68a813d4e38daa90c9e.png

Spoiler

1341631197_ScreenShot2018-11-26at8_07_47AM.png.e6a4e371e05a0a88c0f14c5dbb5baa77.png

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

Wow! 

Even my very non fundie social circle would “wow” at that dress. It’s very pretty but daring. She looks great.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

• 1 month later...

I am annoyed their blog hasn’t been updated in almost two months! So surprised they haven’t posted about Sarah’s newest kid. 

Deb’s IG was private when I came across it months ago and when I friend requested I got blocked lol. Did you see Christian Slater was at the wedding - looks like he is dating (married?) Kerri’s sister. 

Edited by Margarita
  • WTF 1

4 hours ago, Margarita said:

I am annoyed their blog hasn’t been updated in almost two months! So surprised they haven’t posted about Sarah’s newest kid. 

Deb’s IG was private when I came across it months ago and when I friend requested I got blocked lol. Did you see Christian Slater was at the wedding - looks like he is dating (married?) Kerri’s sister. 

Ok I looked and his new wife’s sister is named Brittany and she is indeed married to Christian Slater (since 2013). So fucking strange. 

• Upvote 4

• 3 years later...

So this family is my new obsession and I started from the beginning of their blog as a bedtime read.   I have a few questions of anyone can help:

1.  They went Vision Forum full-on sometime in the 80’s. Was it Tom or Deb that pushed this?  Tom went to college, Deb had a job.  It looks like they always homeschooled but the conferences and doctrine look exhausting.  Why Vision Forum?

2. The grandma (RIP) and Auntie wear pants. Women in Tom’s family wear pants.  There is an old pic of Sarah on the blog in pants.  Was it a Maxhell style shift to be more rigid?

3.  Sarah seems VERY judgmental (with her “Ummm, Interesting” comments in her posts.  Micah seems like he lives for himself and Jonathan seems very upright (complaining about scandalous college literature assignments, etc).  Hannah is a mystery.  Does anyone know more?  

4.  I don’t think Deb cares for Kerri. Am I wrong?  They adore the grands though.

5. In another dimension, I see Deb sewing away with a hard cider on her gorgeous porch and Tom watching football with a cold beer with his sons… possibly home brewed and Hannah with a soap empire.  Does anyone else feel bad for the girls?  Sarah reminds me of Anna Marie Maxwell.  

6. Hannah looks like a vintage Italian portrait.  I would love to see her with “old Hollywood” hair.  She would look like an actress from the 40’s.  Anyone else have a favorite Girotti?