IGNORED

Theory on cousin Amy...

tabitha2

Home girl done lost another man :doh: .Do ya'll think JB lets her be so close to his kids as an object lesson-Look at this silly,giggly girl? She is an example of the 'world' Do you think she'll ever get a Christian husband? This is what your wife will be like if you pick from out side the chosen :naughty: She went to public school and this is what happens :snooty: Lets pray for her doomed soul,kids.

Considering the area she lives in, I have a hard time believing that she won't be able to find a Christian Husband.

Meaning Christian by Duggar standards-a Gothard or VF raised young man would will be her headship,who will expect no less than submission and adoration from his help meet....That's what the daughters are taught to look for in a husband.If they are dutiful daughters they can surely expect such a prince,see.

Amy has dated so many guys, I doubt she has any pieces of her heart left to give to her future husband!

Amy has dated so many guys, I doubt she has any pieces of her heart left to give to her future husband!

But that begs the question- How many pieces are there? :lol:

But that begs the question- How many pieces are there? :lol:

Well, according to the Duggars, love multiplies rather than divides, so ... :lol:

Meaning Christian by Duggar standards-a Gothard or VF raised young man would will be her headship,who will expect no less than submission and adoration from his help meet....That's what the daughters are taught to look for in a husband.If they are dutiful daughters they can surely expect such a prince,see.

While that is what her uncle believes, I don't think Amy's parent believe that.

Home girl done lost another man :doh: .Do ya'll think JB lets her be so close to his kids as an object lesson-Look at this silly,giggly girl? She is an example of the 'world' Do you think she'll ever get a Christian husband? This is what your wife will be like if you pick from out side the chosen :naughty: She went to public school and this is what happens :snooty: Lets pray for her doomed soul,kids.

I think Jim Bob et al are fond of Amy, but I do agree that he uses her an an example for the J'Slaves "See.. Amy just gave away ANOTHER piece of her heart! What a sinner! Girls... be careful not to follow her worldly example!"

I think Amy likes Frat Boy/Country Boy types. Guys who drink beer, , listen to Country Music, drives a pick up truck etc. I think she's just flighty, clingy and annoying and that's why she can't keep a bf.

I think she's just flighty, clingy and annoying and that's why she can't keep a bf.

True that... I was watching an episode from season 2 last night where Smuggar/Anna and Amy/Boyfriend double date to a japanese restaurant and then go go-carting. Poor boy couldn't get a word in edge wise.

I think Amy's cute, but totally high maintenance... and doesn't know when the STFU. I wish she would be a better example to the other Duggar girls, instead of reinforcing their crazy ideas about dating.

Find a nice non-patriarse, get married in a normal ceremony (not COVENANT) with normal dresses (none of this high-neck/sleeve nonsense), have a couple of kids, work part time outside the home, kids in private/public school (not SOTDRT) and settle down.

It's ok, pieces of your heart, they grow back. It's part of the 'growing up' process. Like getting chicken pox and skinned knees. It's not like with Voldemorte and horcruxes

Well, according to the Duggars, love multiplies rather than divides, so ... :lol:

I think that's Sister Wives :D

I think that's Sister Wives :D

No. The Duggar's believe that. There new book is called "A Love that Multiplies" I think.

Here's my view of Amy. She can't "keep" a boyfriend because she doesn't want to. She's young and just wants to enjoy her youth. She probably wants to get married eventually, but I think she's not ready to settle down just yet.

But with her extremist uncle, she can't just come right out and admit that she only wants a fling. She had to act like she's testing potential husbands. She might even be trying to convince herself to look for her husband. But if she's not ready, it will turn into a fling anyway. If she were just a mainstream 20-something, none of her behavior would be remarkable at all. I don't know if Amy is being pressured into marriage, but she is definitely being pressured to pretend that marriage is her goal. I really hope for her sake that she doesn't marry the wrong guy or at the wrong time just to get her extremist uncle's approval.

No. The Duggar's believe that. There new book is called "A Love that Multiplies" I think.

Sister Wives uses the same tagline. :lol:

True that... I was watching an episode from season 2 last night where Smuggar/Anna and Amy/Boyfriend double date to a japanese restaurant and then go go-carting. Poor boy couldn't get a word in edge wise.

I think Amy's cute, but totally high maintenance... and doesn't know when the STFU. I wish she would be a better example to the other Duggar girls, instead of reinforcing their crazy ideas about dating.

Find a nice non-patriarse, get married in a normal ceremony (not COVENANT) with normal dresses (none of this high-neck/sleeve nonsense), have a couple of kids, work part time outside the home, kids in private/public school (not SOTDRT) and settle down.

I really believe she has ADHD.

Here's my view of Amy. She can't "keep" a boyfriend because she doesn't want to. She's young and just wants to enjoy her youth. She probably wants to get married eventually, but I think she's not ready to settle down just yet.

But with her extremist uncle, she can't just come right out and admit that she only wants a fling. She had to act like she's testing potential husbands. She might even be trying to convince herself to look for her husband. But if she's not ready, it will turn into a fling anyway. If she were just a mainstream 20-something, none of her behavior would be remarkable at all. I don't know if Amy is being pressured into marriage, but she is definitely being pressured to pretend that marriage is her goal. I really hope for her sake that she doesn't marry the wrong guy or at the wrong time just to get her extremist uncle's approval.

Yeah, Amy strikes me as a normal young woman who wants to enjoy herself. And she's probably dating guys who are also young and aren't ready to settle down. Nothing unusual there. However, there may be some truth to what another poster said about Amy having a slight case of ADHD-- I certainly see these same traits in some of the younger Duggar boys. I imagine Amy was quite a little howler monkey herself when she was a kid! :P

I think it's Attentionhoaritis.

Co & Sign :!: I'm sure most people can only stand Amy's attention whoring for so long before they're ready chuck her in the trash. Imagine what it must be like for her boyfriends to be constantly exposed to her irritating behavior--they probably rarely get any attention from her, cause she's too eager to have all the attention for herself. I'd get rid of her too! She needs to spend a little more time maturing and allowing others the opportunity to be in the spotlight. She also needs to learn how to be a team player and work well with others.

Speaking of work, does Amy even have a job? If not, she should start there and get one so she can learn skills on how to interact with others.

She wants attention, but quite desperately. It comes across as very NERVOUS. Even when she's shouting "look at me!" she speaks awkwardly and looks around to make sure people are watching. She's the worst type of cousin for the Duggars to be around - a perfect example of an only child who doesn't know how to be around others without interrupting and pushing herself forward.

I have to admit, I liked the "But you guys kissed before you married!" line. I don't think there's anything wrong with a family where people only "joke" about making each other uncomfortable, but I don't think Jim Bob gets called out very often at all, so I found that kind of satisfying, even if it maybe was kind of mean to make him uncomfortable.

Archived