IGNORED

Will We See Any More Amy Duggar?

luckylassie

I know that her last name is supposedly Jordyn, but anyway, do you think that we have seen the last of Amy? I read that she and Anna's sister had a little spat on Facebook and that Amy asked Sean to "redeem" her. Could this all mean that she is banned from the show (and TLC payroll)?

Her mom has been posting TLC videos of Amy on FB a lot recently. I dont think she's "banned" - or on the payroll. I DO think that she didnt want the part about the boyfriend to be aired, thus the redemption quote. I think she will be around... maybe they can marry her off and have a big ol crossover show with other TLC shows. That way they can keep all the J'slaves...

She made the trip to Atlanta so I imagine she'll be on future episodes. I think the "redemption" remark was more aimed at "Rifflegate" than airing the footage with the guy who was an ex by the time the show aired (hence Anna's sister's remark about another guy coming along soon enough).

At any rate, I think Riflegate (to use the proper spelling) got her in a shitload of trouble with TLC and taking down the FB in favor of a lame "fan" site and less air time are her punishment, hence her pleas for redemption.

The less Oliver, the better, even though she's a great example of the typical CINO; I'm agnostic and even at her age didn't dress half as skanky as someone who professes to love the Lord (Anna's sister nailed her on that one as well).

I'm sure we'll see her next season. All things like the rifle or a facebook spat amount to are free publicity.

I do hope not. She annoys the hell out of me.

Wasn't cousin Amy also the one who mentioned baby Michael's name prior to the very special episode? TLC wanted to keep it a secret until it aired but the internet got in the way.

TLC will decide whether or not Amy shows up, and the family won't get much say in it. If she's good for ratings, she'll continue to be on the show.

Wasn't cousin Amy also the one who mentioned baby Michael's name prior to the very special episode? TLC wanted to keep it a secret until it aired but the internet got in the way.

At any rate, that's when all the public facebook walls of involved family members suddenly disappeared (although I think Anna's married sister's was already private) and Amy created her "fanpage." I'm sure TLC had a hand in it, free publicity or not. Can't be spoiling THEIR shows, especially by people who don't receive paychecks.

Yep I work at walmart so I won't be at church for three weeks

04 August at 00:28 via Facebook Mobile ·LikeUnlike · .

Amy Rachelle Duggar boo :(( I wont be there the whole month of September!

This was from Amy's facebook. Wonder if she is going on vacation with the whole fam damily? If she is, we will see her on the show because I am sure TLC is partially funding the trip.

Yup, sounds like she's going to be a part of the Duggar Family Circus, making the rest of us Americans look bad as they slog their way through Europe, or at least the English speaking parts.

Something tells me they won't be crossing the English channel.

We still see Amy on the show in the future. She loves getting attention from the show that she thinks is a ratings juggernaut.

At any rate, that's when all the public facebook walls of involved family members suddenly disappeared (although I think Anna's married sister's was already private) and Amy created her "fanpage." I'm sure TLC had a hand in it, free publicity or not. Can't be spoiling THEIR shows, especially by people who don't receive paychecks.

It was logical for her to have a fan page. I don't understand why she waited so long actually. She was topped at 5000 friends and with a fan page she can have much much more.

I'm sure Amy will bend herself to TLC's ways enough to stay on air...

Yup, sounds like she's going to be a part of the Duggar Family Circus, making the rest of us Americans look bad as they slog their way through Europe, or at least the English speaking parts.

Something tells me they won't be crossing the English channel.

The Duggars are going to Europe? They will probably embarass themselves even more than when they were in the Ethiopian restaurant or at the house when JB asked if Joan of Arc was the family's ancestor. I wish they would go into the non-English countries so JB could try his hand at French. "Back-ay out of the way-ay."

I am probably one of the few people who likes Amy, I think she brings a little bit of life and personality to the show. Plus, I think she offers some of the kids the best chance of escape.

The Duggars are going to Europe? They will probably embarass themselves even more than when they were in the Ethiopian restaurant or at the house when JB asked if Joan of Arc was the family's ancestor. I wish they would go into the non-English countries so JB could try his hand at French. "Back-ay out of the way-ay."

I am probably one of the few people who likes Amy, I think she brings a little bit of life and personality to the show. Plus, I think she offers some of the kids the best chance of escape.

I prefer Amy on Kid farm :P

I cringed when they were at the Ethopian restaurant. I agree they will embarrass themselves on a European trip. They might look worse than the fictional loony Griswald family. I would love to see some of the Duggar kids in Spain because of a few of them claim to be experts on the Spanish language. Actually there are a lot of places here in the U.S. that Duggars embarass themselves in. Send the Duggars to parts of the Southwest were Hispanic and Native American folk cultures are displayed publicly and the Duggars would freak out and Boob would make plenty of dumb ass comments.

I'm not a huge Amy fan but I agree she could be one way for the kids to escape and she gives them insight into a life that isn't crammed with childcare and being obedient 24/7 to parents.

I wouldn't say that I like Amy, but I think she's a lot better than almost all of the Duggars who are adult age. Amy is a little flaky but not that much different than many other women her age, especially in areas like that where college isn't common and there aren't a lot of high-powered fancy careers to go around. Amy is just normal. She's trying to make a living without an advanced education, find a man that she likes enough to spend her life with, and maybe have a little glamor and excitement. Not really interesting to make a tv show about, but nothing really bad about her either.

I wouldn't say that I like Amy, but I think she's a lot better than almost all of the Duggars who are adult age. Amy is a little flaky but not that much different than many other women her age, especially in areas like that where college isn't common and there aren't a lot of high-powered fancy careers to go around. Amy is just normal. She's trying to make a living without an advanced education, find a man that she likes enough to spend her life with, and maybe have a little glamor and excitement. Not really interesting to make a tv show about, but nothing really bad about her either.

I don't have a problem with her, as like past posters have stated, she could be an escape route for her cousins from Boob and J'chelle. You cannot blame her for jumping on the publicity train. Watching the series, which most of the time I find boring, it’s the juxtaposition of ‘normal’ Amy with the bizarre Dugger’s which creates some sort of story.

Amy is a little flaky but not that much different than many other women her age, especially in areas like that where college isn't common and there aren't a lot of high-powered fancy careers to go around.

You obviously aren't from around here. :) Not everyone here is barefoot and pregnant (unless you're a Duggar, of course). The University of Arkansas, Fayetteville - the state's flagship university with a Fall 2010 total enrollment of 21,406 students - is located in the heart of Duggar country, not to mention John Brown University, UA-Fort Smith and Northwest Arkansas Community College. And as for "high-powered" positions of employment, this is also the home of Walmart. Where Walmart is, all Walmart's vendors are, too, so there is a plethora of jobs in this area. Corporate, legal, educational, why, you name it, you'll find it here.

Amy's age or flakiness has nothing to do with educational or employment opportunities that surround her, she need only desire more for herself and the path to a better future lies virtually at her feet. TLC really does Northwest Arkansas a disservice by how they portray this area. This is not outer Mongolia, honest. :)

I think she's a douchebag. Her and her mother are total fame whores, just look at their FB pages. Both of them are riding their brother/uncle's coat tails.

Why else would your average, middle aged woman (Deanna, Amy's mom) have 2,000+ friends on facebook?

This is very true I think. I don't really care for her. I used to find her a breath of fresh air on the show, a dose of normalcy. But, the more I read her FB page and saw more of "the real Amy"--whatever that is--the more I felt she was someone trying to get famous for doing nothing. However, like bananacat said, she lives in a small rural area where higher education probably isn't valued. It might not be valued by her parents either (it doesn't seem to be). So given that..limited world view...she might be the norm in her group. I'm not trying to excuse her, I just think that people often rise to the expectations around them and if no one expects her to do much other than marry, it isn't surprising that she isn't ambitious. I would hope she would develop some gumption and do something with herself, but who knows.

a) The Duggars are going to Europe? WTF?! My emotions are mixed: one the one hand, when I'm abroad, I work very hard to give others the very best impression of us Americans, and show that not all of us are unaware of the rest of the world. ;) On the other hand, I hope they go to France - if the French got annoyed at times with me/my accent, a French-speaking student with a degree in French studies, I would love LOVE to see what they did with JimBoob. "Back-ay out of the way-ay," indeed. *snort*

b) I haven't watched the show in a while, and my free time has been limited, so excuse me for asking: can anyone give me the cliffnotes version of this Amy drama? I know there was a spat? or something? and the facebook going bye-bye, but what is Riflegate?

c) Like I said, I don't watch the show, but I don't like her enough to want her to stay on. She's not particularly interesting and whoever said she was flaky hit the nail on the head.

Archived