IGNORED

Will We See Any More Amy Duggar?

luckylassie

a) The Duggars are going to Europe? WTF?! My emotions are mixed: one the one hand, when I'm abroad, I work very hard to give others the very best impression of us Americans, and show that not all of us are unaware of the rest of the world. ;) On the other hand, I hope they go to France - if the French got annoyed at times with me/my accent, a French-speaking student with a degree in French studies, I would love LOVE to see what they did with JimBoob. "Back-ay out of the way-ay," indeed. *snort*

b) I haven't watched the show in a while, and my free time has been limited, so excuse me for asking: can anyone give me the cliffnotes version of this Amy drama? I know there was a spat? or something? and the facebook going bye-bye, but what is Riflegate?

c) Like I said, I don't watch the show, but I don't like her enough to want her to stay on. She's not particularly interesting and whoever said she was flaky hit the nail on the head.

b) One of the recent episodes (around Christmas) actually showed Amy bringing her BF du jour around to the Duggar house to hang out with the kids. Around the time the show aired, she broke up with that BF and made a post on FB about god bringing her the right man or something. Anna's sister called her out on FB for basically being a flake and telling her to quit bringing god into everything when it's really just an excuse for Amy to do whatever she wants. They argued for a bit, and I think the entire convo was eventually removed.

Before the last season of the show aired, TMZ and some other media outlets picked up photos of John David and the exchange student Jonathan posing with multiple guns (indoors) and trying to look badass. Besides the fact that the way they were holding the weapons could have been really unsafe, they were definitely counter to the Duggars' image. The photos originally came from Amy's FB, and TLC had to do damage control. If you watched the episode where Jessa went skydiving for her b-day, they had to quickly add in the part about going to a shooting range so they could pretend that the family uses guns all the time. J'chelle was even quoted in an article talking about making a dish from squirrels that they hunt for...which has conveniently never been featured on the show or any of the specials.

IDK about Europe. I missed the part about that being a done deal.

When that episode of them going to Ethiopian restaurant aired, it made me so pissed and it made me realized just how close minded these people are with everything. Clearly it shouldn't have surprised me considering they love "eye-talian" food. Then again, Josh had no idea of certain "eye-talian" dishes when they were down in Florida before his wedding.

I see their supposed trip to Europe an epic fail. I can see them constantly rolling their eyes, yet still claiming they respect other countries, and somehow smuggling in Tater Tot Casserole and jars of pickles.

I would LOVE to see them go to India. A country who worships more than one God? dun dun dun.

Thanks slickcat! I actually remember that picture...I don't know where I saw it, probs here, but I must have missed it becoming a big thing - I think I just looked at it and went, "Well that's not ok" and moved on. Thanks again!

IDK about Europe. I missed the part about that being a done deal.

Mack and baby Michael recently got passports and Oliver herself remarked on her "fanpage" that she was going to be gone during the month of September, which is when the purported trip is to take place.

They're going.

Hope they hit Amsterdam, the Louvre and some other places of world culture and history, but majorly NIKE! Given that Boob could barely work the NY subway system, here's to TLC putting them on the Metro.

Sadly, I don't think they'll cross the English Channel, but Boob will still need a translator to understand the Scots and Irish (not to mention a lot of the English). Heck, the pubs (and their ignorance about how pubs operate in the Isles) will send Michelle running for the local government officials. Just wait until they discover that all their kids down to Joseph can legally drink (but he and Jinger can't drive).

Boob trying to drive on the "wrong side of the road" will be a hoot. Can't wait for the inevitable "We beat 'em in the War for American Freedom!!!!!!111 They should drive on the RIGHT side of the road."

Archived