IGNORED

Did Someone Alter A Maxwell Schedule?!!

nelliebelle1197

I think Meaghan Carver might have gotten her hands on a Maxwell scheduling book and- egads!- found it impractical for real, human person life stuff:

A few years ago, I read about scheduling every half hour or forty-five minute increment of the day, from the moment the baby’s peepers struggled opened in the morning to the last good-night kiss.

Surely, I thought, that would make me get more done before nine o’clock in the morning than most people do all day {remember that Army commercial? J} and ratchet my children to the top of the scholarship handout line at Harvard.

For the first two weeks of the school year, I drove us mad with clock-watching and guilt for our inadequacies. If a child went ten minutes over on math because they needed extra time to understand a new concept, I would totally stress. There wasn’t time to laugh or play a game or have another cup of coffee. {Gasp!}

Does that sound Maxwellian to the Maxwell experts?

meghancarver.blogspot.com/2013/07/flexible-organized-schedule-homeschool-day.html

I think it's some weird text translation thing. Someone I work with has the same thing happen when she sends email from a particular address. But that's just a guess.

I think she thinks it is a ;) or a :)

Considering her husband teaches computers at a community college, you'd think he'd fix that sort of stuff. This family is just weird.

I think she thinks it is a ;) or a :)

Considering her husband teaches computers at a community college, you'd think he'd fix that sort of stuff. This family is just weird.

My phone email program replaces :) with a J in incoming messages. Outlook (I think) will turn the text into an emoticon, but my phone reverts the emoticon into a J.

There are a couple of super schedulers out there besides the Maxwells -the Pearls push scheduling babies, I believe. But she definitely could have gotten a Managers of their Homes/Schools/Chores.

I wonder if anyone, besides the Maxwells, really follow a MOTH schedule? Even other fundie blogs that I have found who talk about the MOTH book, have mentioned taking some ideas from the book, but not following everything.

Re. Ezzo; The Maxwells used to be Ezzo followers, and, at least the earlier MOTH books, discussed scheduling babies.

There are a couple of super schedulers out there besides the Maxwells -the Pearls push scheduling babies, I believe. But she definitely could have gotten a Managers of their Homes/Schools/Chores.

I just love the idea of someone altering Steve's plans! Teri pushes scheduling breast feeding, doesn't she?

Archived