IGNORED

Did anyone watch "Virgin Tales"

Daenerys

The sequel to Virgin Daughters, and I really wanted to watch it, but it's not available anywhere (by legal or nefarious means) - did anyone see it? Was it as creepy as the original or even more?

n-cj0_-zy_U

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this and it make me sick in my stomach, I mean really a feeling on my stomach like vomit. I couldnt stand it to watch the whole of it.

I dont feel its wrong for a father to like his daughter to not promiscuous, like my father wouldnt like it so I dont tell him and he doesnt think about it. The fathers in the video dont see a person, they see a giant hymen walking around. I feel disgusted.

Is there going to be a way to watch it without Showtime? I'm no longer a cable subscriber but I'd love to see this.

Is there going to be a way to watch it without Showtime? I'm no longer a cable subscriber but I'd love to see this.

Ditto. But if we have to wait a few months till someone uploads it to youtube, that's ok too. I just want to see it eventually!

I saw this and it make me sick in my stomach, I mean really a feeling on my stomach like vomit. I couldnt stand it to watch the whole of it.

I dont feel its wrong for a father to like his daughter to not promiscuous, like my father wouldnt like it so I dont tell him and he doesnt think about it. The fathers in the video dont see a person, they see a giant hymen walking around. I feel disgusted.

Agree!

At least the dad is spending time with his daughters.

Yeah. That totally negates the emotionally incestuous aspect of his hymen obsession. :?

If he isn't actually abusing them, its better than a lot of the dads in the world today.

WTF?! Just because he is not abusing them sexually or physically that makes him an okay dad? What about the emotional and spiritual abuse of his obsession with their virginity? However you slice it, that is not a healthy father-daughter relationship.

It airs for the first time in the US on July 23 on showtime.

Ah, maybe I just got it wrong and it isn't out yet then - details beyond the trailer were difficult to find. I'm interested to see what has happened to the family since the first documentary.

That dad creeped me the fuck out. Dads can spend time with their daughters without all the purity, hymen-obsession crap. Mine managed just fine. He even * gasp * trusted me (encouraged even!) to make my own decisions and look out for myself.

I've been waiting a long time to see this. It came to my city about 6 months ago for some film festival, but the tickets were sold out by the time I knew about it.

I don't have Showtime right now so I'm hoping I can get ahold of it elsewhere.

Ah, maybe I just got it wrong and it isn't out yet then - details beyond the trailer were difficult to find. I'm interested to see what has happened to the family since the first documentary.

Same here! I did find his website, some of the articles are kind of old, but it gave a little more info then when I knew.

I'm disgusted, too. My dad didn't want me to have premarital sex or be promiscuous, but he didn't take it to extremes. When he was moving me out of my apartment after college, and he saw a condom wrapper that had managed to make its way behind the bed, he didn't freak out or anything. Really, the only thing he ever did actively to affect my sex life was not allow my then serious boyfriend (now husband) who was in the military stay in the same bed with me when he visited me at my parents' house on leave. He also didn't freak out when he found us fully clothed asleep cuddling the night before he had to return to his deployment. I hadn't intended to stay in the same bed, but I fell asleep crying on him.

Agree w/ that people r saying about their fathers!! Normal parents would not subject their daughters to any of these.

I meant all types of abuse...not just physical...

Though I disagree with the movement, I think these docs have distorted those associated for their own agenda to show others how horrible these people are. I get the feeling that the purity movement gets the most hype of the chastity thing, but isn't the only thing. Its about fathers actively involved in their daughters lives to let them know how beautiful and special they are so they don't need to search for it. I went on many daddy daughter dates when I was younger which were not incestual and I think helped me have confidence and standards in my dating life in my 20s.

I just feel like people are too gullible when they watch these docs much like those politically driven docs that are always biased.

Oh man, this is gonna be really uncomfortable to watch.

Question: Does anyone know if they follow up on the families they talked to in the Virgin Daughters? Because I remember there were 10,11,12 year olds that would be 15,16,17 by now... makes me wonder if they stuck to their "purity pledges" or not...

Here's my question: why is it that, if casual or sexual contact with a male are the things that make a young girl "impure," emotionally and sexually, then why do fundamentalist males have such a ridiculously inflated opinion of themselves?

I mean, technically, shouldn't the fundie culture of feminine shame be redirected toward the source of the impurity? By their own logic, shouldn't these men be shaming themselves?

Here's my question: why is it that, if casual or sexual contact with a male are the things that make a young girl "impure," emotionally and sexually, then why do fundamentalist males have such a ridiculously inflated opinion of themselves?

I mean, technically, shouldn't the fundie culture of feminine shame be redirected toward the source of the impurity? By their own logic, shouldn't these men be shaming themselves?

Nope. Women are temptresses. Daughters of Eve, dontcha know. Ugh. Randy Wilson is an emotionally abusive twit.

Nope. Women are temptresses. Daughters of Eve, dontcha know. Ugh. Randy Wilson is an emotionally abusive twit.

Exactly. Sin and folly are personified as wayward and adultress woman in Proverbs. Sexual sin is always the woman's fault.

I meant all types of abuse...not just physical...

Though I disagree with the movement, I think these docs have distorted those associated for their own agenda to show others how horrible these people are. I get the feeling that the purity movement gets the most hype of the chastity thing, but isn't the only thing. Its about fathers actively involved in their daughters lives to let them know how beautiful and special they are so they don't need to search for it. I went on many daddy daughter dates when I was younger which were not incestual and I think helped me have confidence and standards in my dating life in my 20s.

I just feel like people are too gullible when they watch these docs much like those politically driven docs that are always biased.

Pardon me, but your agenda is showing.

That preview was creepy. Shudder.

Archived