IGNORED

Kelly Bates water skiing

0 kids n not countin

wtffundiefamilies.tumblr.com/

has some more Bates pictures I was just looking at. Kelly went to college and even a science camp!

A lot of our famous fundie moms were "normal" before. J'chelle, Zsu, Teri Maxwell come to my mind among others. How they came to be where they are today would be some interesting psychological case studies.

ETA: I just saw I became a Vision Forum Intern. Look out Dougie :music-tool:

I never realized how much Erin looks like her mom!

Really, I think she looks like Gil.

Michaela and Alyssa really like Kelly in those pics to me.

Gil and Kelly both have college degrees, unlike any of the Duggars. I always think it's funny that TLC chooses to portray Jim Bob and Michelle as somewhat intelligent (or at least opinionated and semi-knowledgeable) and Gil and Kelly are always like, "Aw shucks, we're just simple folk who read the bible to our kids." Not that I want to actually hear Gil's opinions on the pseudo-political shit that oozes out of Jim Bob's mouth, I just find the content differences of the 2 shows interesting.

Boob and J'Chelle are as dumb as they come. Didn't Gil leave a high paying job to start his tree trimming business? Just because you have a college degree, doesn't mean you're smart. Anna Duggar has one, and thought that her son was going to drown when he was born in the bath tub.

Boob and J'Chelle are as dumb as they come. Didn't Gil leave a high paying job to start his tree trimming business? Just because you have a college degree, doesn't mean you're smart. Anna Duggar has one, and thought that her son was going to drown when he was born in the bath tub.

Okay but probably nobody explained to her that wouldn't happen. Until about a year ago, I didn't know that either, and i am pretty sure Anna is younger thab I am. I really think they just threw her in the tub with no say on her part how she wanted it done. Then they didn't respect her wishes to drain the tub. I don't think Anna was at fault.

Okay but probably nobody explained to her that wouldn't happen. Until about a year ago, I didn't know that either, and i am pretty sure Anna is younger thab I am. I really think they just threw her in the tub with no say on her part how she wanted it done. Then they didn't respect her wishes to drain the tub. I don't think Anna was at fault.

The first time I heard about water birth my first thought was also that the baby could drown, or at least get a lungful of water. I now know differently, but I understand why Anna thought that.

It's a mail order degree in Early Childhood Education from a fundie institution.

Ahem... mail-order Christian Education "degree" that she apparently finished in 2008 - when she was 19. :roll:

Do those kinds of degrees actually count? Like if a job requires a BA, would that qualify? I can't see how she could take all of the general ed classes. I just got my Associates Degree last year and I needed algebra, geology, biology, philosophy, psychology, sociology, critical thinking, and about 20 other classes that I cant imagine Anna being able to take.

Do those kinds of degrees actually count? Like if a job requires a BA, would that qualify? I can't see how she could take all of the general ed classes. I just got my Associates Degree last year and I needed algebra, geology, biology, philosophy, psychology, sociology, critical thinking, and about 20 other classes that I cant imagine Anna being able to take.

In the real world? I can't imagine they'd be useful anywhere, unless it's from an accredited college. In Gothard territory though, she could probably use it. Either way, it was online or mail-order, unless she took local practicums somewhere, she'd have no experience applying what she learned, so I can't imagine anyone outside ATI would hire her.

Err...double post to say a huge :wtf: to the pic where Kelly is waterskiing She's wearing a long black skirt??? :angry-banghead:

Ahem... mail-order Christian Education "degree" that she apparently finished in 2008 - when she was 19. :roll:

I think that really shouldn't count.

I LOVE the title from the blog entry:

Wet and Wild at Watt’s Bar Lake for Warden’s Birthday celebration!

Wet and Wild...??? :naughty:

I'm always stunned when I see "pre-fundie" photos. What causes a vibrant young woman to take the fundie road?

The pic of young Kelly reminds me of a female celeb but can't I pinpoint who. I'm not a huge Bates fan, but I find I Kelly to be a tad more likable than Mullet. On the topic of Anna's "degree", fundyfundland summed it up well about how she wouldn't be able to use her degree outside of ATI circles. I don't see Anna ever working outside the home.

I assume Kelly is wearing one of those Wholesomewear Swim Dresses.

But I bet she doesn't get her panties in a bunch if her knees inadvertently show--unlile J'Chelle. You can clearly see both male & female knees in the various Lake pictures on the Bates website. Also, some of the girls have their (rather tight!) tshirt sleeves rolled so you can see part of their shoulders-- I always get the feeling that the Duggars frown on flashes of shoulder.

And the Bates girls get to waterski and wakeboard--unlike the J'Slaves who have to pretend they'd rather stay on shore tending the feral horde of children.

A couple of posts ago, someone asked in the comment section if all the kids shared bedrooms. Kelly replied that the girls are split into 3 rooms - 2 rooms have 2 girls each, and all the other girls are in one big room. She said the girls used to all share a room, but then several who were more tidy or wanted more privacy decided to move into separate bedrooms. They are also working on more spare bedrooms for when the other kids decide to do this. I thought that was interesting, I can't imagine the Duggars doing this.

Archived