IGNORED

You'll Never See J'Chelle In a Bikini

ljohnson2006

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bet he had crotch burn :brain-bleach:

I seem to recall that he also wore a suit for water skiing, too, although perhaps that was for more of a joke.

I just read the title of the thread and thought. There IS a GOD!!

Every time I see the title of this thread, I say a quiet hallelujah. :lol:

How depressing to live your whole life so worried about "purity" you avoid fun stuff like the beach or pool. I live in the south and in my family, we pretty much are in the water every day in the summer.

I'm 16 months post partum and terrified of even trying on my swimsuit. I'd actually quite like to know what Michelle looks like after how ever many pregnancies. Might make me feel better about my jiggly bits. I wish she lived in a society where it was acceptable to display your body however it looked. Hell, I wish I lived in that imaginary society too.

Have you seen theshapeofamother.com? It made me feel so much better about my body. I lost the baby weight after having my son but was shocked at how loose and squishy the skin still was (and still is and likely always will be). I had actually never seen a normal postpartum belly before my own. We all see these photos of celebrities who look awesome postpartum, but most moms I know hide their bellies under lots of fabric, so I didn't actually know my stripey, dimply belly was totally normal until seeing this blog. Good luck and I hope you find confidence in your new body. :)

I dont understand why they have to wear wholesome wear. There are some cute modest swim suits made by other companies that are sporty cute. Many have skirt options. You can look like a normal human in them. But I guess thats why they do the wholesome wear shit. They want to stand out.

Have you seen theshapeofamother.com? It made me feel so much better about my body. I lost the baby weight after having my son but was shocked at how loose and squishy the skin still was (and still is and likely always will be). I had actually never seen a normal postpartum belly before my own. We all see these photos of celebrities who look awesome postpartum, but most moms I know hide their bellies under lots of fabric, so I didn't actually know my stripey, dimply belly was totally normal until seeing this blog. Good luck and I hope you find confidence in your new body. :)

Thanks for this site, Freya. I loved it and it was so refreshing to see other bellies with the postpartum squish that I have (and fight). I agree with the other who have said the "horror" over the idea of J'chelle in a bikini is body shaming. Honestly, she looks quite trim for both her age and the eleventy pregnancies. But even if she didn't, SO WHAT?

Didn't she ruin her neighbor's marriage by mowing the lawn in shorts and a bikini top?

I'm pretty sure that if anyone saw her mowing the lawn in shorts and a bikini top, they'd go home and demand a divorce for fear that they or their SO would look like that.

I'm 16 months post partum and terrified of even trying on my swimsuit. I'd actually quite like to know what Michelle looks like after how ever many pregnancies. Might make me feel better about my jiggly bits. I wish she lived in a society where it was acceptable to display your body however it looked. Hell, I wish I lived in that imaginary society too.

It is acceptable to display your body however it looks! If other people don't like your body then they can go fuck themselves.

Or why not just wear a wetsuit? There's nothing that won't cling to your body when it's wet anyway.

Also, when I was looking at modest swimwear, I found this website

swimmodest.com/ (sorry I don't know how to break links)

The owner started sewing special swimsuits for her daughters so they could cover their "precious" bodies. What is it with that word?

How depressing to live your whole life so worried about "purity" you avoid fun stuff like the beach or pool. I live in the south and in my family, we pretty much are in the water every day in the summer.

What's worse, worrying about purity or worrying you are over some mythical weight and/or age limit that somehow makes it unacceptable to be out in public in certain clothing for fear you will offend some random person's delicate sensibilities? Really, what's the difference between policing women's bodies into wholesomewear or out of bikinis?

This isn't directed at you Freyacat, your post was just a jumping off point to my thought process.

Also, when I was looking at modest swimwear, I found this website

swimmodest.com/ (sorry I don't know how to break links)

The owner started sewing special swimsuits for her daughters so they could cover their "precious" bodies. What is it with that word?

Aargh, this website.

Having girls is quite another thing. After 3 boys in a row, I got a daughter! And when she was old enough to wear a swimsuit, I was in for a shock. I could already see that the world and I were not going to agree on how much of my daughter’s skin they were going to get to see.
:pull-hair: You do not own your daughter's body. Fuck.

When my first child was born, I started thinking a lot about how clothing influences the way we think and act, and how it affects others. I really wanted my children to realize how sacred and precious their bodies are, and have a sense of respect and modesty.

I searched the stores looking for modest swimwear. I resorted finally to sewing, so that I could provide more modest swimsuits--something that would provide coverage that I felt would be respectful to their bodies. [Wacky bolding hers.]

Hear that? All of you wearing regular bathing suits aren't respecting your bodies. :naughty: Whores! Whores, the lot of you! :nenner:

Although I have huge issues with what the owner of the modestswimwear site is saying about girls and their bodies, the suits themselves aren't as horrendous at that wretched wholesomewear. Someone wearing a suit like that would look almost normal and definitely wouldn't stand out as frumptastic like they would in wholesomewear which are the most god-awful, ugliest garments I have ever seen.

I agree that her products are actually fairly normal looking (apart from the old lady Hawaiian prints that seem to dominate modest swimwear) Her presentation was what bugged me. "Oh look how good of a mother I am, making such modest swimwear to protect my daughters' precious, sacred bodies! Now they won't be little seven year old harlots!"

I also don't get why they don't understand that once you get a swim skirt wet, it's going to cling. I have worn swim skirts before and they aren't modest. They float up when you're in the water, leaving your bikini bottoms exposed anyway and then cling when you get out.

:roll: So if she were to choose to wear a bikini the majority of the world would apparently run screaming for the hills at the site of her sagging belly - which probably has stretch marks !! horror !

But if she chooses to wear the modestwear she is a freak and doesn't look normal and is ugly.

Is there an exact special standard that a middle aged woman with many children should conform to ?

She quite likely has stretch marks on her hips and upper thighs and cleavage -- so a "normal" one piece is out.

Maybe a fairly high scoop neck one-piece with the teeny little skirt ? Would that be acceptable ?

Don't forget it should be a specific color - don't want any offensive prints, or bright colors.. cause those are apparently ugly too.

Who gives a fuck is SHE would be comfortable in any of that. It's all about fitting into whatever particular box of woman is considered socially acceptable for her age, weight, childbearing status- right ? Good thing only the fundies do that to women right ? :roll:

I'm uncomfortable with the thought of wearing a bathing suit so when I see the Duggar girls in those swim dresses, I secretly want one. It looks so comfy. Like I could feel less self-conscious and *gasp* have fun.

Seriously, what is all this bullshit about being disgusted by the idea of Michelle Duggar, or any other woman for that matter, in a bikini? I'd wager a guess that most of the people expressing their horror at the thought identify as feminists, so come on. We all think the Duggars' reasoning behind not wearing normal swimwear (that it's going to 'stir up desires' or whatever) is ridiculous, but it's somehow better to demand that a woman conform to a certain body type if she wants to dare step out in a bikini? Please.

Seriously, what is all this bullshit about being disgusted by the idea of Michelle Duggar, or any other woman for that matter, in a bikini? I'd wager a guess that most of the people expressing their horror at the thought identify as feminists, so come on. We all think the Duggars' reasoning behind not wearing normal swimwear (that it's going to 'stir up desires' or whatever) is ridiculous, but it's somehow better to demand that a woman conform to a certain body type if she wants to dare step out in a bikini? Please.

If anything, I think you could argue that dressing in modestwear because you want to prevent people from oggling your gorgeous body shows a healthier sense of your own body image than covering up because you think people will find you repulsive !

I went snorkeling in the Bahamas, and I remember that they had wetsuits you could wear. I did, because I'm very fair and heard that the water could be quite cold. I think I had to pay $5 or something to use it on the snorkling tour. Limp knob likely could have, but chose not to in order to draw attention to his Christianness (read: "I shop at Walmartiness").

When I was 15, my favorite games was to guess the size of the boobs of girls wearing modest clothing. I want to do the same with Duggar's girls now 8D

You are one despicable asshole, dear. Kindly fuck yourself.

Here's the proof that no matter what the fuck in the world you are wearing, if you are a wuman, some half animal subhuman being with the mindset of a raging monkey in the heat will analyze your body you've been trying to cover up.

Considering the fact that Michelle got sucked into the Gothard world somewhat willingly, I wouldn't be surprised if she actually is comfortable in the uber-modest wear. Personally, I think bathing suits are a hugely personal choice, and whatevs.

Admittedly, I'm rather self-conscious, feel more comfortable with layers, and honestly envy all of you who are able to rock bikinis and cleavage. So I'm rather happy that tankinis and swim-shorts are so popular right now (I had a swim skirt, and gave it away after wearing it once. It just bugged too much to have it floating around my waist).

Although I have huge issues with what the owner of the modestswimwear site is saying about girls and their bodies, the suits themselves aren't as horrendous at that wretched wholesomewear. Someone wearing a suit like that would look almost normal and definitely wouldn't stand out as frumptastic like they would in wholesomewear which are the most god-awful, ugliest garments I have ever seen.

I agree. I could actually see myself wearing this one, for instance.

emily2-polynesian-paradise-blue.jpg

Archived