IGNORED

You'll Never See J'Chelle In a Bikini

ljohnson2006

My first thought when I saw the thread title was "thank Goddess". I would rather gouge my eyes out than see J'chelle in a bikini.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just thought Jim Bob reminds me of the dysfunctional Uncle from those National Lampoon movies, except for the drinking being replaced by kool-aid drinking. I swear more and more they are making him out to look like a dumb ass red neck.

Silly billys! If she didn't spend so much time telling you how modest she is you might think she's just being sun safe, and not realise she's super special and god loves her.

Also, Jesus loves sexual activity in public. It's we dirty atheists who think kissing is sexual.

Knee's don't do "anything" for me. Elbows, on the other hand... :pink-shock: Every time I see Dimbulbs elbow I want to throw him on the ground and *have my way*!!!!111!!1! :ew: :ew: :ew:

Knee's don't do "anything" for me. Elbows, on the other hand... :pink-shock: Every time I see Dimbulbs elbow I want to throw him on the ground and *have my way*!!!!111!!1! :ew: :ew: :ew:

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

I'm not a huge fan of beaches or swimming, but I can't imagine swimming in a burkini or other forms of "modest swimwear". Why bother even going into the water at all? Why not stay home and take a cool bath?

I'm 16 months post partum and terrified of even trying on my swimsuit. I'd actually quite like to know what Michelle looks like after how ever many pregnancies. Might make me feel better about my jiggly bits. I wish she lived in a society where it was acceptable to display your body however it looked. Hell, I wish I lived in that imaginary society too.

Saying that Michelle shouldn't wear a bikini is rude and a form of body shaming. Everyone has some wiggly bits and there's nothing wrong with them. I honestly don't even care that she wears the wholesomewear stuff. We all should be allowed to decide how much of our bodies to expose. What bugs me is the way she talks about it. Covering more skin doesn't make you a better person than someone else, it just means you're covering more skin. Having a superiority complex is what makes you less moral.

I better purge my internet history before my husband gets home. I don't want him to see that knee and leave me for Michelle.

I am convinced JimBob has a wet look fetish. Swimming while you're covered can be even more immodest than a bikini to someone like that. Jboob gets off swimming in his clothes and gets off seeing women in their clothes and he pretends it's about "modesty".

If I saw some dumbass snorkeling in jorts and a polo shirt, I'd wonder how much he'd had to drink and if it was safe for him to be snorkeling in such a condition.

Yeah. I, for one, would be thrilled to see Michelle in a bikini -- because it would mean she'd snapped out of the whole fundie bullshit thing, and was actually doing what she wanted with her own body.

Yeah, it would be good to see her in a bikini. Also, obsessing over appearances because the media told you what is good and what is ugly is also quite a cult-like mentality i.e restricts women, warps perceptions, leads to shame/humiliation, distracts you from freely going about your business and devoting your time to beneficial things.

Who cares whether you wear wholesomewear or a bikini? The point is to be comfortable and safe in what you wear. It is in this respect that I think the Duggars fail. Michelle wakeboarding was so concerned about covering her knees that she wasn't concentrating on what she was doing. That can be dangerous. I have seen the little boys swim in oversized wetsuits with a parent, can't remember which, explaining they get them big so they are loose and don't show the body shape. Anyone who has tried this would know it makes swimming more difficult so can be dangerous.

I have some beautiful swimmers from a Muslim designer that cover me neck to wrist and ankle, don't ride up the way Michelle's wholesomewear did and don't restrict my movement in anyway. I wear them mainly for sun protection as I have very pale skin but they are also very flattering on my round shape. If Michelle doesn't want her knees showing fine but she needs to go and find swimmers that actually do that. Bragging about wholesomewear, then having it not really do the job is just ... weird.

I'd actually consider some of the modest swimsuits I've seen (not the ugly ones the Duggars wear) if I were going swimming somewhere like Australia, because I burn easily and they're more flattering and show off the figure better than a rashguard and board shorts. Which kind of defeats the point of them.

He is wearing cut-off jeans or jean shorts- 2a0mt2.jpg

See, now, that's almost making it worse, imo. If you're going to wear shorts anyway, why not a pair of shorts designed for swimming? And, for swimming, a t-shirt or a rash guard would be much better than a polo shirt if you wanted to cover your torso.

We talk a lot about the fashion choices of the Duggar women, but I think the Duggar men (Jim Bob specifically) never dress appropriately. How often have we seen them being physically active in jeans and polo shirts? When they were extras in that movie, they were supposed to be runners in a road race. They were in JEANS. When Joseph was "training" Jim Bob and Josh, they were in jeans. When they hired the trainer, the first time he showed up, he had to tell them to go change because they were in jeans. If you want to cover up, go for it. As much as I wouldn't want someone telling me how much of my body I could or couldn't show, they have the right to decide how much of their body to show as well. But there are tons of options out there that cover AND are appropriate for the activity in which you are participating.

Is it a Gothard thing? Cause now that I think about it, didn't David Waller train for, or run, a half marathon in jeans? Or did I dream that?

I'm not a huge fan of beaches or swimming, but I can't imagine swimming in a burkini or other forms of 8YOipzpxEY&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45921128,d.dmg&fp=eab9222b44bc269&biw=1267&bih=584'>"modest swimwear". Why bother even going into the water at all? Why not stay home and take a cool bath?

Such a good point. I love swimming. When I swim I wear a good old fashioned immodest bathing suit that shows all of my legs and arms. To me one of the biggest joys so swimming is the sensation of cool water on BARE skin, especially on a hot day. As far is the sun is concerned, I wear a good sunscreen and take my chances. If the sun others me, I cover up when out of the water. Having any part of my arms and legs covered in the water just feels wrong. People like the Duggars should just take a bath because they're missing the point.

I'm not a huge fan of beaches or swimming, but I can't imagine swimming in a burkini or other forms of "modest swimwear". Why bother even going into the water at all? Why not stay home and take a cool bath?

I'd love to invest in some modest swimwear, probably something like a burkini without the head covering. I don't like to have much skin showing when I swim, both because of modesty (not for religious reasons, just a preference) and for protection from the sun. And you can't boogie board, swim, or do cannonballs in a cool bath. :D

I just read the title of the thread and thought. There IS a GOD!!

When I first read the article, the only thought that came into my mind was "This is what extreme Islam does too, right? Say the ladies must swim fully clothed?" not "awwww, they're so modest".

My second thought was wearing a bathing suits is not the same thing as being naked.

Sometimes I want to fly down there, drive out to their place, and streak several times with nothing but my nike sports bra (it says nike across the front).

I'll drive you! I would want to film the reactions of the Duggars!

I was thinking about the eyebrows too. What's up with her facial expressions? I thought it was a little bit like one would talk with a little kid and trying to make something seem exciting.

That's exactly what she does. She's stuck in that, and talks to everyone like that - little kids, adults, everyone. It's grating.

J'Chelle has her "Mommy" voice on all of the time. Or is it her baby voice? Whatever it is, it's annoying, and she should talk like an adult. Her girls talk more adult like than she does.

Archived