IGNORED

Lori Alexander: Many of America's women have chosen death

Lori talks about her "ministry".

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/04/trapped-in-satans-lie.html

My ministry as an older woman is to train younger women to be "keepers at home." This is not popular today. I get, "What if God has not called them to be keepers at home?" Perhaps a few may be called to try to balance a career and a family, yet on this the scriptures are silent. Unfortunately, too many career women don't listen to the call of God to be a "keeper at home" and they discover too late that they sacrificed too much because they listened instead to worldly lies.

Sadly, many of our daughters’ friends are trapped by the lie that a woman’s life can only be fulfilled by a successful career. They put off child-bearing, strap themselves financially so that a “quiver-full” is out of the realm of possibility, and spend their lives in pursuit of all of the “stuff” the culture tells them they must have.

But many of America’s women have chosen death. They have been lied to. They listened to the hum of the humanistic culture and its promise of self satisfaction. They bought into the promise of college, career, and the collection of conveniences it provides.

These words are written by Dave Daubenmire. His article is a very good one. I would encourage you to read all of it. He is right. Many women buy the feminist lie that they must pursue an expensive education so they can have a career.

No where in Scripture can you find support for women leaving their homes all day to provide a living. No where can you find that debt is a good thing. No where can you find that mothers should not be raising their babies.

In fact, the Bible tells me to teach young women to be keepers at home so they will not blaspheme the word of God. Many terrible things have happened since mothers left their homes. Children are being educated and raised by strangers who don't train and discipline them in the ways of the Lord. Marriages are falling apart. Women have no energy left at the end of the day to take care of their husbands.

Watching women do it the way God intended is a beautiful thing. Erin is pregnant with our second grandbaby. She stays home all day taking care of Emma, her home, and Ryan. She told me she wakes up and is living her dream. As a 3.9 Biology major with great ambition, her plans were trumped by God's plans to give her a honeymoon baby. With Ryan's hard work and living simply, she is so happy to be home raising her precious gift from God and being a keeper at home.

Lori some women aren't pressured into having careers they want careers. Many people don't have quiverfulls because of money or other issues. I suspect that Lori's daughter-in-law is keeping sweet and pretending that she wants to be at home.

No, its not being pressured into things. Being a stay at home mom isnt for everyone, some people love their children very much, but also want to spend time with adults, and really love their job. Some people would love to be a SAHM, but cant-they dont want to deprive their children by making them go to bed hungry on their shelf with their other 6 siblings because mom refuses to work or go on welfare, so they cant afford food or beds. Their children matter so much more to them that they sacrafice their desire to be a SAHM to give them a good life.

Big families arent for everyone, everyone has different amounts of children they can handle. Some people reach that limit at two, some can easily look after 10 and feel they could fit in another. If you stretch yourself too thin, all of the children lose out. Also not everyone can afford to look after 10 kids. Just cause your uterus works, doesnt mean you should use it-if you cant afford a kid, its unfair to have another one. Some people would love another kid, but they dont make enough money to feed an extra child, so dont have another. Also some people only want a few kids, or none at all, it doesnt matter. The world wont die out if a few people stop breeding and everyone else stops at two.

The stuff the culture says we should have? Like real beds, and enough food to give the children nutritious meals? Cause thats what some fundies deprive their kids of.

Id say that a mom who works long hours to put food on her childrens plates, buy them clothes that are in good condition and a house big enough for her family, who stopped at two because she just cannot afford to feed a third without depriving her existing children is way less selfish than a fundie SAHM who has ten children because she wants a large family, and is expecting an 11th even though her children have to share two chicken breasts between them, sleep on shelving as they can only afford a two bedroom house, and wear hand me down worn out homemade frumpers, but doesnt get a job because she believes being a SAHM is the only option for a mother.

Oh, Lori, you twunt.

I *wanted* to be a SAHM. I *wanted* to have four kids.

Then reality bit me in the ass. Husband #1 turned out to be an alcoholic and mentally ill, would not comply with treatment, and rapidly started going down the tubes. I refused to let myself and our child hit bottom with him, so I became a self-supporting single mom.

Husband #2 had been vasectomized before I met him, and was paying child support for his two kids. At one point early in our marriage, he was offered a great job that would have meant relocating. I told him I'd only do it if I could stay home and take care of my daughter. He wouldn't agree. (I'm glad I stuck to my guns--he kept getting "laid off," while I was steadily employed, usually working two jobs, and saving money.)

That marriage went under, too--but now I'm 60, with a nearly paid-off house, a career, and a retirement fund. To say nothing of self respect and peace of mind.

Wives are to tired to care of their husbands? WTF? Its not like water bowl needs acrubbing and he needs to be walked. My hubby is an engineer thankyouverymuch, I think he remembers where the ramen and toilet is.

We moved to a new city for my husband's job, and I was the trailing spouse. For a year, I didn't have a job. I was working my butt off to make connections and I was miserable staying in all day, and often took the bus to the library downtown just to get out of the house. My husband would come home to find me crying, and had to take the time to console me that things would get better, that I wasn't useless or a burden.

I am now working part time for an organization I've been wanting to work for, and the connections I made when I first moved her are starting to pay off in prominent volunteer leadership positions. I'd rather be working full time, but I have made a major leap in the direction I want. My boss is happy with the work I have been doing. The local community is happy to have my ideas and energy. I'm happy that my work is really making a difference--and my husband is happy that I am happy! Please Lori, explain to me how this is indicative of a "culture of death."

I wonder how many of the doctors, nurses, transporters, administrators and others caring for Lori during her surgery were women who chose to get an education and have a career that ended up saving Lori's life. I wonder how in any way any of these women can be said to have chosen death.

So, she had brain surgery this week and is posting today?

I call BS.

:text-+1:

Somebody commented today on this post thanking Ken for posting for Lori. :lol:

I really, really would love to be a SAHM. I mean, L-O-V-E love it. Unfortunately, the "Christian" man I was married to (that I met at church) walked away. Yep, walked away and owes me tens of thousands in child support that I will never see. My kids need food, they need a roof over their heads, they need clothing, etc... so I work for it. Would she rather women abort children or go on welfare. These fundies send such mixed messages- "Hey single moms, choose life! But dont go to work to feed and shelter those kids. No, no, no, no- you must stay home! Oh, no welfare either."

Wives are to tired to care of their husbands? WTF? Its not like water bowl needs acrubbing and he needs to be walked. My hubby is an engineer thankyouverymuch, I think he remembers where the ramen and toilet is.

I can only guess she means they are too tired for sex on demand....

And if it is all about the husband's pleasure, wouldn't a little KY and assuming the position be enough?

I wonder how many of the doctors, nurses, transporters, administrators and others caring for Lori during her surgery were women who chose to get an education and have a career that ended up saving Lori's life. I wonder how in any way any of these women can be said to have chosen death.

I would say a good portion of them them were women. Lori isn't very bright on many subjects. She fails to see that without women working in different fields society would suffer. I'm not sure about the statistics about women working in healthcare, but I recall reading somewhere that female nurses still outnumber male nurses. I don't think Lori has ever tried to imagine a world in which all women stayed at home. I have imagined it and it isn't a pretty picture at all. If women weren't out going to nursing school or med school, the healthcare industry would be dealing with severe shortages which would hurt hospitals and clinics. You are right, the women who are out working in healthcare haven't chosen death and it is fucked up for Lori to say that.

Edited to add a letter.

On the blog, Ken said that Lori had written several posts before she had surgery.

I blame most of her opinions on two things. She has a brain tumor, which may be impacting her thought processes and she's has no marketable skills, so she has to stay with her douche of a husband, so she says the things he likes her to say, hoping he won't toss her for a younger, fertile version.

On the blog, Ken said that Lori had written several posts before she had surgery.

It still strikes me as off. I've faced surgery a couple times, but ended up not needing it. All I thought about between further testing was what needed to be done before the surgery. And if she's having severe headaches, how can she look at a computer screen?

I really, really would love to be a SAHM. I mean, L-O-V-E love it. Unfortunately, the "Christian" man I was married to (that I met at church) walked away. Yep, walked away and owes me tens of thousands in child support that I will never see. My kids need food, they need a roof over their heads, they need clothing, etc... so I work for it. Would she rather women abort children or go on welfare. These fundies send such mixed messages- "Hey single moms, choose life! But dont go to work to feed and shelter those kids. No, no, no, no- you must stay home! Oh, no welfare either."

First, the same thing happened to me so ((hugs)). I am lucky to have a supportive family and I have gone back to school. My fundie friend tells me that single women can and should work after a divorce because the bible calls "wives" to be the keepers at home. So it's justifiable to work then.

Maybe the health professionals caring for his wife would be really, really interested to learn the low esteem she holds them in.

I choose personal and reproductive freedom, Lori.

Ok, so I've chosen the opposite of what Lori's idea of God wants for me...but how have I chosen death? If anything, I'm less likely to die suddenly if I eschew childbirth.

I thought I wanted to be a SAHM after my kid was born. My husband reluctantly agreed. I was so bored after 3 months, I couldn't wait to get back to work. When the maternity leave ended, I never looked back. To each his/her own.

My kid is now graduating from college and will start grad school in the fall. I have no regrets. None.

Lori and Ken are both huge idiots.

An interesting tidbit about Ken is that he has a website set up for his business. He is consultant to orthodontists and a few of his clients are female orthodontists. One of them has a testimonial on Ken's site. I wonder if Ken secretly bashes his female clients for having careers outside the home. Also Ken and Lori's son is currently in orthdontic school. I wonder if the son secretly hates his female classmates. I suspect that many people who know the Alexanders in IRL, are in the dark about the misogynist attitudes that go on in that family.

Read the title. Why can't she be one of them?

Nasty yes, but sometimes one just has to. :)

And the comment about her 3.9GPA Biology major daughter sounded like a great big F you to her daughter. :nenner: "Haha! See? I was right. God doesn't want you to study Science! You're a woman! You're supposed to be barefoot and pregnant and the only chemistry you do is making banana bread, b*tch. Now, get behind he, woman!"

I wonder if all her nastiness caused the brain tumor? Since, obvs., our culture of death and lack of faith in Christ seems to cause all the ills of the world, according to her, and black salve and Jesus are all you need! :roll:

How is not being a SAHM/SAHW considered the equivalent of being dead? I've heard other comparisons made, but death? Really? :? :think:

No, its not being pressured into things. Being a stay at home mom isnt for everyone, some people love their children very much, but also want to spend time with adults, and really love their job. Some people would love to be a SAHM, but cant-they dont want to deprive their children by making them go to bed hungry on their shelf with their other 6 siblings because mom refuses to work or go on welfare, so they cant afford food or beds. Their children matter so much more to them that they sacrafice their desire to be a SAHM to give them a good life.

THIS!! I work precisely because my child is a blessing, and I treat her as if she was one instead of a collectors item.

Maybe the Bible doesn't address all those things because when it was written, what 4,000? years ago, those things didn't exist or weren't issues?

We used to think the world was flat. Now we know different. We used to think Pluto was a planet. Now we know different (poor Pluto).

Living your life based on how thinks worked in a completely different time, really doesn't make much sense.

Archived