IGNORED

Michelle Duggar's Advice for First-Time Moms

MrMattyMatt

parentables.howstuffworks.com/family-matters/michelle-duggars-advice-first-time-moms.html#mkpcgn=fbtlc1

zzzzzzz - can she "write" any more shorter or useless articles? :angry-banghead:

Love how she throws in how hard it was to have to take care of the kids herself. Perhaps if she hadn't turned those same babies into unpaid nannies and household help, she would have stopped having kids a long time ago.

Wow, that's riveting advice. She says "take a nap" in every paragraph. My advice for first time moms? Be easy on yourself. Don't torture yourself if you feel a moment of resentment toward your husband or even your baby. That's real mom to mom advice. Michelle has 30 kids, surely she could've dredged up something a little more interesting than "nap when your baby naps".

Michelles real advice for first time moms-"Enjoy the first few months as possible, because after 6 months old its not cute anymore.....unless you give birth early, then theyre cute til at least one, arent micropreemies awesome (and you get SO much attention for them!), I wish I was able to have more *twitches* BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABIES. Never mind, your newly old 6 month old, will gain usefulness at some point, so all this work isnt for nothing. It may be tempting to ignore it til it learns to look after itself, but it is important to try and teach them useful skills from an early age, however if you blanket train them you dont have to worry about losing them if you do fancy ignoring them for a bit. Although if you arent around to spank them enough cause you want to sleep or go out for a few hours, I recommend one of those cat carriers that you use to take a cat to the vet in.

Just wait til the Slave In Training precious blessing is old enough to do the housework, and then it gets way easier, and then by the time your first child is 10, you wont have to do anything at all other than produce more blessings. You can start with tying the bottom bit of a mop to your child when they are learning to crawl, or even before then, you can tie them to a stick and just push them around the room to clean the floor-just put a blanket you dont mind getting dirty underneath them. Got to make sure they know their place. I didnt hate children as much as I do now when I just had Josh, but if I had, I would have taught him to change his own diaper. I tried that with the twins though, but they werent smart enough to do that at age one. I had to wait and do all the diaper changing until Jana was about 5 :( Make sure all of your children's toys will train them to be your future slave, they dont need fun, you need to raise them from birth to be slaves, or they will think they are actually people. Silly children, last time one of mine believed she was a person and wanted to have a life other than making me food and cleaning my house, I threw her in the prayer closet for a week, and that was only so short because one of the camera guys asked why there was one less kid and I couldnt use the Journey to the Heart excuse again because I used that when I locked one of my kids in there last week. My record for prayer closet time is 3 weeks......"

From the Parentables article:

It was really hard because I really did have to do it myself. I was the mommy and Jim Bob was working long hours during the day. Of course, I knew I could call my mom or Mary (Grandma Duggar) at any point and they would be there in a heartbeat, and half the time they would drop by just to check on us, but I really wanted to do it myself and I needed sleep.

It was really hard and she had to do it herself or wanted to do it herself but she needed sleep and people were dropping by to check on them...so why not have sixteen more?

Parentables article:

It was really hard because I really did have to do it myself. I was the mommy and Jim Bob was working long hours during the day. Of course, I knew I could call my mom or Mary (Grandma Duggar) at any point and they would be there in a heartbeat, and half the time they would drop by just to check on us, but I really wanted to do it myself and I needed sleep.

You mean when you have a baby you have to do it all yourself? :shock: Who knew? I thought J'slaves came along with him/her to do the mom's every bidding.

Right now I'm collecting advice from all my mom friends and relatives because I'm planning to have a baby in two years. Of course, they don't know whether their advice goes on the "good advice" list or on the "never do this" list...Guess where this is going.

Although if you arent around to spank them enough cause you want to sleep or go out for a few hours, I recommend one of those cat carriers that you use to take a cat to the vet in.

:lol:

That reminded me of this:

You mean when you have a baby you have to do it all yourself?

Sadly this may need to be stated for some people. One of my acquaintances just had a baby and she is shocked by the amount of work her daughter requires.

It's actually quite sad that Michelle had to care for the first few all by herself. Jim Bob is allegedly their parent just as much as she is and he should have done half the childcare. That really doesn't reflect well on Patriarchy. If I have kids, I don't want them to be only mine. I want them to bond with their father as much as with me. My own dad was very distant and no kid should have to go through that.

Maybe boob had to work long hours back then just to keep the family afloat? If that's the case, I can't fault him TOO much for not being there a whole lot. However, once he got established in real estate and started being home a lot more (I don't remember when that happened, but we know he didn't have a real job before the show) then he has no excuse. At least now he definitely should be caring for the blessings he helped create.

There is not a single thing I can ever imagine asking Michelle Duggar for advice on.

There is not a single thing I can ever imagine asking Michelle Duggar for advice on.

Child neglect, if you cant get hold of Sparkly Lauren or the mom of Bathroom Baby.

Child neglect, if you cant get hold of Sparkly Lauren or the mom of Bathroom Baby.

How to crank out 19 kids, while only raising the first three or four.

How to blank out the fact that you have 19 kids so that you can make googly eyes at your redneck husband 24 hours a day.

How to iron bangs.

Maybe boob had to work long hours back then just to keep the family afloat? If that's the case, I can't fault him TOO much for not being there a whole lot. However, once he got established in real estate and started being home a lot more (I don't remember when that happened, but we know he didn't have a real job before the show) then he has no excuse. At least now he definitely should be caring for the blessings he helped create.

Honestly, I've seen plenty of times where the parents are so set in their decision for the mother to be a SAHM that the father does end up working longer hours or two jobs to make up for it. And to me it seems quite a shame to sacrifice one parent completely to have to other one around more. It's like fathers in some families are nothing but money providers so sacrificing them isn't seen as a big deal. Yeah, I understand that sometimes both parents working just isn't feasible for various reasons, but I've seen too many families where the kids see their father maybe half an hour a day because the mother working is just out of the question. I always felt bad babysitting for those families on weekends because that was often the only time the kids got to see their dad, but he would go out with their mother instead. I mean, dates and alone time are great for a marriage, but in those cases the kids saw their dads so infrequently already, it just seemed really sad. It's like they see their fathers less often than kids whose parents aren't even married. How was Jim Bob any better than the divorced fathers that he is so quick to criticize.

Here's the thing. Kids care about love more than money. Both of my parents worked but my dad worked very long hours and took many overnight trips. I rarely saw him and I missed him all the time. As an adult I explained how much he had hurt me and he insisted that he didn't do anything wrong because he was doing it all to buy things for me. I would have traded it all though to have him around more.

Man, that must put a real crimp in coitus.

Actually, it makes it HOTTER!

:angry-devil:

How to crank out 19 kids, while only raising the first three or four.

How to blank out the fact that you have 19 kids so that you can make googly eyes at your redneck husband 24 hours a day.

How to iron bangs.

How to cold-read the personality of the J'child you've been confronted with. "Oh yes, precious blessing Ja Jen -- Jennifer! You're the one who doesn't like pickles, aren't you? It's so sweet how still you think you're allowed to have a personality. Now run along and fetch Mommy a coffee, there's a godly little flower."

Cripes, the Easter pickles thing still sends me into gales of laughter.

Clown Car: " Pump out as many as possible so you can have the older ones take care of the younger ones while you go to Starbucks!"

Rest when your baby rests is such common advice that its a cliche at this point.

This. I was told this waaaay before I had my baby. Its on every parenting website, in all of the books, and every mother told me.

MY advice on getting housework done? WEAR YOUR BABY! Yay!

I got a new carrier today and wore my four month old facing out. I washed dishes and she grabbed my arms and the dishes like she was wanting to do it too. It was adorable.

Wait... does Michelle pay attention to her four month olds? Or has she already passed them off to a sister mom?

I think I'd rather take advice from Christopher Walken on newborn care. At least he has an engaging voice as opposed to baby talk.

Archived