IGNORED

Newsflash: Joe M didn't go on the family hike!

Justme

He had "to much work", so he stayed behind. :o I thought Maxwell's had to remain in teams of "2". I wonder what he really did?! :drool::mrgreen: Did he kick his feet up and slurp a diet pepsi while reading a newspaper or surfing on line? :think: Did he dream about the fact that he could be married right now, and having lots of sex. Did he take a nice long nap? Or was he a stick in the mud like Stevie and actually work.

Didn't one of the fab FJ 3 who infiltrated the show last Autumn say that Joe came across as very sly and smug, so I would say he did a Stevie and got on with his jurisdictions. :sleeping:

Poor Sarah has also posted the Easter Sunday message. We all had fun last year asking if the Nieces had an Easter egg hunt or other Easter idols which resulted in curt message from Stevie why they don't. :music-tool:

My first thought was that maybe he was a courtin' someone in northern CA. Had it all worked out as planned last year he wouldn't even be on this trip, that is probably been on the back of his mind this whole journey. I'm sure he must be itching to get out of Uriah. He's got a house and was so so close to getting some sweet fellowship.

Nothing says perfect Steve cult clone like an empty house the owner isn't allowed to live in.

I believe he had too much work to do. He's obviously following daddy's rules for life. If he had any backbone or desire or interest in leaving the fold or at least being his own man, he'd already be living in the house he owns and being an adult. He chooses not to, so I'm sure he chooses everything else daddy says, too.

Nothing says perfect Steve cult clone like an empty house the owner isn't allowed to live in.

I believe he had too much work to do. He's obviously following daddy's rules for life. If he had any backbone or desire or interest in leaving the fold or at least being his own man, he'd already be living in the house he owns and being an adult. He chooses not to, so I'm sure he chooses everything else daddy says, too.

IIRC, Christopher was sleeping at night in his own house (the house he bought DEBT FREE from his PARENTS) prior to his marriage, but was taking his meals at the compound (can't remember why I knew that). But I guess since Joe's house is a MILE away, he's probably not allowed to do that.

IIRC, Christopher was sleeping at night in his own house (the house he bought DEBT FREE from his PARENTS) prior to his marriage, but was taking his meals at the compound (can't remember why I knew that). But I guess since Joe's house is a MILE away, he's probably not allowed to do that.

I hadn't heard that about Christopher. I recall Teri mentioning he had his own room in their house as an adult, but chose to move back with the younger boys.

She emphasized moving back was his choice.

Ok, Teri, if you say so.

ETA: Does anyone here believe any of the Maxwell women would be allowed to stay back by themselves?

As a lazy person, I can understand eating most meals over at a relative or friend's house if they're willing to do all the cooking! Hell, 0.7 miles is easy enough to just pop on over on foot. :D But yeah, I'd want to be living in my own now very nicely remodelled house, unless possibly I might rent it out and make sweet, sweet money. It's not like he pays rent to his parents for his bunk, so it'd all be free money he can save up to get another house (this is how rental empires start!)

Joseph doesn't live in his house OR rent it out, that's the wtf part for me. It's an asset left idle!!

Also though... you know that with Christopher too it couldn't have been only about the eating. Surely he stayed afterword for all the sheep-leading bible reading excitement. This makes me wonder if Christopher, Anna, Nathan and Melanie go over there regularly for the nightly bible readings now.

Doesn't Sarah get to stay behind to write on the blog?

I'm not sure if we've ever figured out if she's truly alone or if someone else stays to "supervise" though.

Didn't one of the fab FJ 3 who infiltrated the show last Autumn say that Joe came across as very sly and smug, so I would say he did a Stevie and got on with his jurisdictions. :sleeping:

Poor Sarah has also posted the Easter Sunday message. We all had fun last year asking if the Nieces had an Easter egg hunt or other Easter idols which resulted in curt message from Stevie why they don't. :music-tool:

When I told Steve he had ruined his children's lives and proved that courtship didn't protect their hearts joe openly smirked at me.

I secretly want to believe it is because he enjoyed watching a successful woman tell his father off and defend Jose's heart. But I suspect he was thinking how led astray I was and how Stevus (prop to what Ever fjian coined that) was resisting the devil mightily

Or maybe he was looking at my boobs. They are nice.

When we moved into the house we live in now my son was four months old, I was working from home as a consultant to a major company and my husband was training for his position as a fed agent. My husband's parents lived across the street. I was not coping well with the not so newborn and a very stressful new position so we paid my inlaws and ate dinner there every night, this did two thing, enabled me to eat a hot meal because with so many arms we could play pass the crying baby, and two, get a nap in.

But the difference was of course, we were real adults making our own choices and this was to help us out as a new family not control the shit out of us.

My husband's grandma invited us for dinner at least one night a week. It was a 10-minute drive through the city. I will forever be endebted to her, not only for the food when I was still in college, working part-time, and my husband was working full-time as well as coaching, but for the time spent with her. However, while she was assertive, we were never forced to go there for dinner. It was wonderful time with a family member. There's the difference from an adult child who is allowed to make her own decisions rather than one forced or strongly encouraged to stay home.

I hope Joe is enjoying whatever non-swarm activities he has chosen.

The thing that stood out to me is that they were SAD and MISSING him. HELLO you see him every dang minute of your life. You were apart for, what, a couple hours while you went on a hike???

Yes, I also remember Teri mentioning that Chris slept in his house (before marriage) but took meals with the rest of the family. I don't remember if it was a corner, blog, or comment.

Seriously? He is not living in his house and it isn't rented out? :o That is bad, bad stewardship, Steve. God can't be pleased. :naughty:

Seriously? He is not living in his house and it isn't rented out? :o That is bad, bad stewardship, Steve. God can't be pleased. :naughty:

Joseph still has to pay property taxes on that house. It makes no sense to let it just sit there unoccupied.

It's probably about time for a house update on the blog now that they're home, so maybe they will say what his plans are for the house. I liked the idea that maybe, just MAYBE, Joe missed the hike because he is indeed courting a California girl (and they called that "working" so nobody asked too many questions). Afterall, with a wedding coming up in the Munck family in May, Joe really should get himself out there again so the Maxhell blog can become a bit more competitive.

Joseph still has to pay property taxes on that house. It makes no sense to let it just sit there unoccupied.

He has to pay at least a minimal power bill too - you don't let houses go completely unheated in the Midwest in the winter. Depending on regulations he has to mow the lawn there and shovel snow too.

I owned a house 100% debt free and clear when I married my husband, who had his own house. For various reasons it made sense for us to live in what had been his house (and is now our house). My house is still my property free and clear, so heck yeah I rent it out. Rather than paying bills on it, it MAKES me money! And our tenant gets a nice small house for low rent (since the taxes on a small house are cheap). I just can't imagine sitting on an empty house. Particularly considering how nice Joseph's house has been rehabbed, too!

Presumably he's hoping to move into it with a wife soon, but he should be able to rent it out on a year lease, if he has a wife in the wings sometime this year then he can arrange the wedding to happen a month after the lease is up or whatever.

I bet he can't rent it out because he can't find a "Godly" enough tenant.

That's the only thing that would make sense from their point of view. :roll:

Also crazy high home insurance, if Arkansas insurers are anything like those in New England. When we were renovating my late aunt's house, the insurance was twice what it would have been for an occupied property.

He should let the Shraders stay there!

J's house is assessed at $72,000. Taxes are around $1500 a year. You can check the whole clan by going to the county website and clicking on appraiser. Enter the public access site and type in the names. Just info.....

Also crazy high home insurance, if Arkansas insurers are anything like those in New England. When we were renovating my late aunt's house, the insurance was twice what it would have been for an occupied property.

Great idea about the pop-up family!

We also experienced that with an empty house...we had a hard time even finding anyone who'd insure it.

J's house is assessed at $72,000. Taxes are around $1500 a year. You can check the whole clan by going to the county website and clicking on appraiser. Enter the public access site and type in the names. Just info.....

What?? That's so cheap. You couldn't buy any more than a car space (if you're lucky) for that in Australia.

The Maxhell's live in Kansas. I'm not sure what insurance rates are in that area.

Sarah does sometimes mention she goes into Uriah to what some would call "write".

It must be bliss, just being away from everyone for a few hours.

Archived