IGNORED

How I Met Your Mother

crazyforkate

Hey everyone, here's a thread for How I Met Your Mother discussions. Recaps will be available on the blog after each episode has aired. Here's the first one:

blog.freejinger.org/worldly-distractions-how-i-met-your-mother-recap-8-20-the-time-travelers/

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think they'll actually show the Mother this season? I have a feeling they're just going to tease, like they've been doing for years! Also, was that bit with the Mother imagined or did it actually happen? I was kind of confused since he was just standing in front of the bar at the end of that.

Maybe next season will be all about Ted's wedding or Barney & Robin's divorce? Great recap, by the way.

I think we'll see the mother and then next season will be about the beginning of their relationship - not ideal, but vastly preferable to dragging out the mother-meeting yet again. And I'm pretty sure the meeting was imagined, since it cut to Ted at the bar.

Do you think they'll actually show the Mother this season? I have a feeling they're just going to tease, like they've been doing for years! Also, was that bit with the Mother imagined or did it actually happen? I was kind of confused since he was just standing in front of the bar at the end of that.

Maybe next season will be all about Ted's wedding or Barney & Robin's divorce? Great recap, by the way.

Yes the meeting at the end was imagined. The voice over said he would have done that if he'd known what he knows now (in 2030). The creators have said that next season is going to be very different from all the other seasons, so that could mean that they somehow make it so we don't see the mother until the series finale. For me, it's never been about the mother, though, so it doesn't bother me. I only hope they don't make it awful.

Also, I know Jason Segel lost a lot of weight, but he seems really weird to me this season. He looks and acts so different that it's distracting sometimes.

This last episode was so bad, and I'm using a different scale for this season than I would for, say, season 2. They really should have had us meet the mother a while ago and let us get to know her, the show was never really about "meeting mom," it was about a group of friends hanging out and the wacky things they do. The ending of this episode (Time Travelers) was pretty emotional though, and they do that well.

I kind of hope Bob Saget is telling the story to the kids because the mom dies. I know, totally morbid, but it would make sense seeing that Ted was all "I NEED 45 MORE DAYS."

Don't Ted and The Mother (dunno what to call her) get married pretty quickly? I thought there was an episode earlier this season that showed Ted one year later with a baby. I guess that doesn't necessarily mean they get married, though. In any case, maybe that means we'll get to know her next season. I'd never thought of her being dead and that's why Ted is always telling the stories. I just figured she wasn't telling stories because she didn't know Ted yet and the stories are all about Ted and Co.

Gonna have to keep an eye out during the summer to see who they cast.

Don't Ted and The Mother (dunno what to call her) get married pretty quickly? I thought there was an episode earlier this season that showed Ted one year later with a baby. I guess that doesn't necessarily mean they get married, though. In any case, maybe that means we'll get to know her next season. I'd never thought of her being dead and that's why Ted is always telling the stories. I just figured she wasn't telling stories because she didn't know Ted yet and the stories are all about Ted and Co.

Gonna have to keep an eye out during the summer to see who they cast.

The baby was 3 years later at their star wars marathon they do.

The baby was 3 years later at their star wars marathon they do.

D'oh! I thought it was one year. Nevermind, then.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched this weeks episode last night, finally. I liked it well enough, but I'm not sure why they keep going back to Lily and Marshall making major decisions without consulting each other. I was glad to see that someone finally told Barney that he wasn't acting like someone about to get married.

It bugs the shit outta me how Lily and Marshall don't seem to communicate well with each other sometimes. I was glad that Ted called Barney out but I was confused about the last scene with Robin. Maybe because I figured Ted was right about Robin probably not agreeing 100% with Barney's behavior but it seemed like she didn't care. Guess I was wrong. Either way, I can't take their marriage seriously since the previous episode had Barney talking about his fourth wife.

So are Barney and Robin actually going to get married?

I've watched this show since the beginning but it's just dragging on way too long. I'm glad next season is the last one.

I wonder how many people are starting to not care who the mother is anymore!

So are Barney and Robin actually going to get married?

I've watched this show since the beginning but it's just dragging on way too long. I'm glad next season is the last one.

I wonder how many people are starting to not care who the mother is anymore!

I personally never cared who the mother is. I just enjoy the characters. The show was better at the beginning, but I still enjoy it.

I think that the Brochelor Party episode was probably one of the high points this season. Come on, Ralph Macchio- amazing!

I think that the Brochelor Party episode was probably one of the high points this season. Come on, Ralph Macchio- amazing!

It was a Bro Mitzvah. Sheesh. :D

I was so glad they showed the Mother last night!!! Thank you CFK for posting Mother's name:) Tried to find it online last night but could not. I am sorry they did not show the wedding or Ted meeting her, but at least we got something!!:)

I suppose we'll just have to wait for that. Now that I think about it, stopping before the actual wedding was kind of refreshing - and an excellent hook for the next season.

I feel.. kind of let down :(

I mean, I was super excited when I saw the boots, and I knew we were going to see the mother finally because of Facebook, but when it happened, I was just kind of .. meh.

I really want this show to end well. I have invested far too many hours for it to end this badly.

I finally watched the last two episodes. I'm glad they showed the Mother instead of leaving us hanging for a whole summer! The Barney-Robin story line in the last ep was kind of stupid, and I'm pissed they didn't have a better story for the season finale. Whatever. So, next season is the last season? I hope it's a good one, filled with good episodes. I'm glad Ted will finally get over Robin.

I read somewhere that next season is going to be one big, long wedding weekend and that most of the season is going to revolve around those two or three days. It'll be interesting to see how they keep the storyline moving when they only have 72-ish hours to play with.

Yeah, I read that too, bluelady. That sounds like the worst possible decision, IMO. I also read that they would have the mother interact with all of Ted's friends before she meets Ted. Which is stupid, because part of the reason they chose that particular actress is because of how well she works with the guy who plays Ted.

Archived