IGNORED

What else would be helpful to new members?

Curious

I'm going to drag someone out of those sticky posts if it kills me!

Is there anything else that would help new posters or long term posters for that matter at Free Jinger? We have started a lot of new stuff and we have tried to be fairly comprehensive, but everyone has different ideas, so we'd love to hear from new (and old) folks if they would like to see something else added.

and...GO!

Possibly a fool around thread where you can safely learn to quote, link/ break links and test out smilies and such. It can be deleted/ restored weekly to stop it getting out of hand?

Possibly a fool around thread where you can safely learn to quote, link/ break links and test out smilies and such. It can be deleted/ restored weekly to stop it getting out of hand?

Done :)

I have to say that all this info for new members is really helpful. Even though I lurked for a long time, my knowledge of these families was spotty, probably from just jumping around in various threads so much. I just read all the background info on the fundamentalist families and it was really interesting. I feel so up-to-date!

:auto-dirtbike:

I have to say that all this info for new members is really helpful. Even though I lurked for a long time, my knowledge of these families was spotty, probably from just jumping around in various threads so much. I just read all the background info on the fundamentalist families and it was really interesting. I feel so up-to-date!

:auto-dirtbike:

The wealth of knowledge here is so amazing :) We still have a fair number of summaries coming in as well!

This is a good idea curious. I love all the new changes going on. I feel like the forum is much more friendly to new posters now. I remember feeling trampled when I would ask for generic information on some fundies that I hadn't previously followed. I was always thankful for links to other threads, but some of them were thousands of posts long. Having a family index is so helpful, even for old timers like myself. I really enjoy posting here now, more than I ever did before. Thank you so much for all the hard work you and the helpmeets have been doing for our community.

Could you remove Alecto's Queen Bee icon? I know it wouldn't make the board easier to navigate, but every time I look at her avatar in old posts, and think about what happened, it makes me a little sick. I can't be the only person haunted by the Queen of the Hive Vagina icon. I don't think there is much of the old "hive" left to speak of.

OH! I thought of something!

I use the black background format. Is there any way to get the "view active topics" option on the top bar next to board index/discussion/SOTDRT? I always have to go to the board index to click active topics. I know it's only one more step but it's a little annoying. If it can't be fixed without problems, it is only a pet peeve, and I can continue to deal with it.

This is a good idea curious. I love all the new changes going on. I feel like the forum is much more friendly to new posters now. I remember feeling trampled when I would ask for generic information on some fundies that I hadn't previously followed. I was always thankful for links to other threads, but some of them were thousands of posts long. Having a family index is so helpful, even for old timers like myself. I really enjoy posting here now, more than I ever did before. Thank you so much for all the hard work you and the helpmeets have been doing for our community.

Could you remove Alecto's Queen Bee icon? I know it wouldn't make the board easier to navigate, but every time I look at her avatar in old posts, and think about what happened, it makes me a little sick. I can't be the only person haunted by the Queen of the Hive Vagina icon. I don't think there is much of the old "hive" left to speak of.

This was automagically done when I "demoted" people back to regular users in the last couple days. I think I got everyone that was deactivated, but if you see one that I missed, just shoot me a PM and I'll take care of it.

Just to be clear, Alecto has not been deactivated, but she has been put in the registered members group vs a colored group.

This was automagically done when I "demoted" people back to regular users in the last couple days. I think I got everyone that was deactivated, but if you see one that I missed, just shoot me a PM and I'll take care of it.

Just to be clear, Alecto has not been deactivated, but she has been put in the registered members group vs a colored group.

sounds good to me, that's all I had to bitch about for the time being. :mrgreen:

I agree with Lindsay Says, I have only been a member for a couple of months, but feel so much more comfortable here since the changes. It all feels much friendlier. That said I love a good debate and all that, I just felt it was hard to come in on a discussion, even the friendlier ones. I'm looking forward to contributing more.

I know it's 75 posts for Chatter. But when do you go from the New Users group to the Registered Users group? Is that time-based?

I know it's 75 posts for Chatter. But when do you go from the New Users group to the Registered Users group? Is that time-based?

75 posts :)

Not sure where to ask this.. but where did the list of blogs go?

I find myself jumping to that post all the time when I lose track of the players and want to try to peek at the blog/website in question.

(For example, people were talking about "Ireal" and the Sabines in the Seven Sisters thread, and I think I know what they are talking about.. but need a refresher - but can't find the blog.)

Not sure where to ask this.. but where did the list of blogs go?

I find myself jumping to that post all the time when I lose track of the players and want to try to peek at the blog/website in question.

(For example, people were talking about "Ireal" and the Sabines in the Seven Sisters thread, and I think I know what they are talking about.. but need a refresher - but can't find the blog.)

It's stickied at the top of this forum now, in the Announcements section. I know there are a million stickies in here. We are working on a way to streamline the resource information a bit better. Here is the direct link: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=12

Thank you. I realized later that the "FJ Reference" post was probably in the same folder I posted. doh!

After posting I figured out that a lot of the discussion was from when FJ was on YUKU - and searching there led to some links about the family from 2010. It looks like their FB accounts have been made private, and I didn't find any current blogs or social networking accounts.

Is there kind of a "Where are they now/current status" thread for families that were discussed a lot but may have moved on or experienced a life change? (Fundie Cheat Sheet?)

Today I was kind of wishing for a "This fundie/their reps have visited FJ" key.

(Like the Sabins of Lydia of Purple. I remember reading that site and being fascinated by their hard work, but after their mom died they all drifted around.)

Not all that interested in freaking them out or stalking them, but just seeing... are they okay?

(Same for that couple where that wife had that terrible accident just wondering if she is okay. Cannot remember their names now.)

Thanks for this thread, I am sure more ideas will be coming out as people explore more of the new organization.

Love the reference library.I wonder is there any way to make a fundie-family-tree.Or more like a reference chart with headings such as religeon,homebase,kids,other blogs,&fb pgs.-&their connections to eachother?

Just posted this idea in another thread, but what about a fundie map? I'd love to know if I were located near any fundie royalty (or anyone discussed occasionally). It could also help with predicting future courtship patterns. Or it might be that I'm a nerd who likes maps. :)

So impressed with the SOTDRT section...thanks for making us newbies feel welcomed.

Thank you. I realized later that the "FJ Reference" post was probably in the same folder I posted. doh!

After posting I figured out that a lot of the discussion was from when FJ was on YUKU - and searching there led to some links about the family from 2010. It looks like their FB accounts have been made private, and I didn't find any current blogs or social networking accounts.

Is there kind of a "Where are they now/current status" thread for families that were discussed a lot but may have moved on or experienced a life change? (Fundie Cheat Sheet?)

Today I was kind of wishing for a "This fundie/their reps have visited FJ" key.

(Like the Sabins of Lydia of Purple. I remember reading that site and being fascinated by their hard work, but after their mom died they all drifted around.)

Not all that interested in freaking them out or stalking them, but just seeing... are they okay?

(Same for that couple where that wife had that terrible accident just wondering if she is okay. Cannot remember their names now.)

Thanks for this thread, I am sure more ideas will be coming out as people explore more of the new organization.

This is something we need to work on. The mods will love you for this one ;)

Um I know we had a visit from one of the Sabin kids. He was a touch on the angry side, but I think it was aimed at his dad more than us, IIRC. Someone might remember this better, but if I remember right, the dad gave up the lifestyle and married someone much younger than him.

Also, for the accident, you might be talking about Nie Nie? She is still around and a fairly common topic of conversation. I think most recently her Christmas card was discussed because it had a live reindeer during the photoshoot!

Love the reference library.I wonder is there any way to make a fundie-family-tree.Or more like a reference chart with headings such as religeon,homebase,kids,other blogs,&fb pgs.-&their connections to eachother?

That's interesting. We can install some genealogy software thanks to our host. I wonder if that would be useful in tracking that sort of thing. It might be a fun project. I'll take a look at the software and see what it can do and maybe install a test one and if it looks good maybe we can some people that can help fill it in. That actually sounds like a fun group project :) I'm willing to admit I'm perhaps easily amused though :whistle:

Just posted this idea in another thread, but what about a fundie map? I'd love to know if I were located near any fundie royalty (or anyone discussed occasionally). It could also help with predicting future courtship patterns. Or it might be that I'm a nerd who likes maps. :)

So impressed with the SOTDRT section...thanks for making us newbies feel welcomed.

hmm I know there are some map things where you can pin your location. There must be something out there that would work for this sort of thing. I'll look into that with the genealogy thing.

That's interesting. We can install some genealogy software thanks to our host. I wonder if that would be useful in tracking that sort of thing. It might be a fun project. I'll take a look at the software and see what it can do and maybe install a test one and if it looks good maybe we can some people that can help fill it in. That actually sounds like a fun group project :) I'm willing to admit I'm perhaps easily amused though :whistle:

Ya,Im pretty easily amused myself(I just spend a whole day lurking in the CDD blogs-OMFG)

But seriously-the geneology software is a good idea.I think a group project would be fun-I actually have a notebook Ive been keeping...Ill bring it up when I get my post number up:-)

Ya,Im pretty easily amused myself(I just spend a whole day lurking in the CDD blogs-OMFG)

But seriously-the geneology software is a good idea.I think a group project would be fun-I actually have a notebook Ive been keeping...Ill bring it up when I get my post number up:-)

The software looks great. I installed it yesterday after reading the material on it. The users guide is like long though. I thought pfft I don't need no stinking users guide. I took one look at the admin panel and said now where was that users guide? So as soon as I figure out how to use it and get some instructions for users written up, it will be live :)

Edit to add: it also seems to have a map feature, which I haven't figured out yet. So we might get lucky and have it do double time as the family tree and map project all in one, which would be handy and a time saver for inputting info.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been gone for awhile... what happened to Alecto? Is she ok?

I've been gone for awhile... what happened to Alecto? Is she ok?

You should go poke around in the Transition Archive. It has an exhaustingly complete record of Alecto's shenanigans, and the ensuing fallout.

Archived