IGNORED

What else would be helpful to new members?

Curious

You should go poke around in the Transition Archive. It has an exhaustingly complete record of Alecto's shenanigans, and the ensuing fallout.

Omg. Thank you. That's insane! Good riddance.

Previous lurker, first time poster. The Who's Who section was a great idea, I have learnt so much more about people that I would have missed before because I haven't been reading here forever and it's painful to go through the whole blog directory (which I haven't checked out recently, so unsure if this has been improved) only to be confronted with a huge fundie blog and no idea where to start. So thanks guys, great work. :D Also, this whole section is great. You can tell there is a lot more collaboration going on here now.

Are the blurbs going to be edited for riffles at some point and enhanced? It's probably due to them just being started but I feel like some of them have a great layout and links to the blogs, while others are quite short. The Notorious Posts by X seems a great addition to such blurbs to help familiarise newbies like me with people like Emily & Dna etc.

Much appreciation for all the time and effort that has been put in here over the past few months.

Previous lurker, first time poster. The Who's Who section was a great idea, I have learnt so much more about people that I would have missed before because I haven't been reading here forever and it's painful to go through the whole blog directory (which I haven't checked out recently, so unsure if this has been improved) only to be confronted with a huge fundie blog and no idea where to start. So thanks guys, great work. :D Also, this whole section is great. You can tell there is a lot more collaboration going on here now.

Are the blurbs going to be edited for riffles at some point and enhanced? It's probably due to them just being started but I feel like some of them have a great layout and links to the blogs, while others are quite short. The Notorious Posts by X seems a great addition to such blurbs to help familiarise newbies like me with people like Emily & Dna etc.

Much appreciation for all the time and effort that has been put in here over the past few months.

It's an ongoing project and we have more things coming down the pike that will add to and enhance things in various ways. If you find a riffle, feel free to shoot me a PM and I will correct it. No matter how many times things are read, it seems like something will slip through :(

I love the summaries. I have learned something I didn't know from every single one of them and I've been a member here for years!

One option could be to use Google Earth to make a map?

I've just put the Duggars and the Kellers on (obviously need to play around with the font size and colour a bit to make it clearer, and zoom out as more families are added). Anyway, looks like this:

KellerDuggar.jpg

One option could be to use Google Earth to make a map?

I've just put the Duggars and the Kellers on (obviously need to play around with the font size and colour a bit to make it clearer, and zoom out as more families are added). Anyway, looks like this:

KellerDuggar.jpg

Oh, you know I think there is a google app or something that you can pin locations on and name them. A forum I used to belong to had one for members to mark their location on. I will research that since we have a google account. Thanks for the idea!

something that explains you!!!

i don't get it, what are you?? a forum of inside jokes i am not hip enough to get? how can i get 'em?? i don't want to start watching the duggar show, cuz i know me & i am kinda sure that show will piss me off into criminal territory....

something that explains you!!!

i don't get it, what are you?? a forum of inside jokes i am not hip enough to get? how can i get 'em?? i don't want to start watching the duggar show, cuz i know me & i am kinda sure that show will piss me off into criminal territory....

You don't have to watch the Duggars to post here, but you do have to have an interest in discussing the topics that we discuss. There are several threads right up above where you posted this question that introduce many of the families and topics we discuss.

Please take a look around before repeatedly complaining that you don't understand us. And if, after looking, you still don't get us, then maybe FJ isn't a good fit for you. We are sort of a niche market.

• 2 weeks later...

That's very kind of you, Curious. I joined FJ when being a newbie was still a risky and nerve wrenching thing. The first thing I saw was someone being torn into pieces for admitting to have slapped their kids when they were new moms. I cowered behind I think anniec who stood up for the person being mocked. Then, there was another time when I think I got outraged when someone called another woman a w*ore that sells their body for drugs. When I asked the person to stop calling women such names out of pure anger that had nothing to do with prostitution whatsoever, I was kindly told to stop "trolling" and "shitting on the upholstery". O_o

This is a good idea curious. I love all the new changes going on. I feel like the forum is much more friendly to new posters now. I remember feeling trampled when I would ask for generic information on some fundies that I hadn't previously followed.

Those were the days! I was just lurking and "enjoyed" seeing new people being told to gtfo in case they expected to be walking on "fluffy bunny clouds" and receive "huge bunches of welcome flowers" if they dared mention that they are newbies.

Archived